Man comitts suicide at gun range
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Man comitts suicide at gun range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1245 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Default Man comitts suicide at gun range

For the third time in about three years at this gun range, someone rented a hand gun and killed himself. This will bring out the anti gun nuts in droves.

Shoot Straight suicide: Man commits suicide at Shoot Straight gun range in Casselberry, Florida - OrlandoSentinel.com

This range is only about 6 miles from where I live, and I would hate to see the locals force the range to close over this. I don't think they will, but I expect to hear some noise about it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

They should put a sign up.

"Please DO NOT commit suicide in the gun range."

Yeah, that should work.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

That is messed up, Find another way you idiots and stop using our ranges, takes too long to clean up and continue with our practice..

Old 07-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
For the third time in about three years at this gun range, someone rented a hand gun and killed himself. This will bring out the anti gun nuts in droves.

Shoot Straight suicide: Man commits suicide at Shoot Straight gun range in Casselberry, Florida - OrlandoSentinel.com

This range is only about 6 miles from where I live, and I would hate to see the locals force the range to close over this. I don't think they will, but I expect to hear some noise about it.
The range will probably stop renting guns or adopt the "buddy system" in use in many California ranges where you are not permitted to use the range alone...there must be at least 2 people in your party.

Of course anti-gunners will ignore the rental gun connection and blame the range as a leading cause of suicide...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #5

Liked 2605 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 2526

I agree I think a "No Suicide" sign should do the trick. I mean hey if it works for "No Gun" zones. Wait isn't it already against the law to commit suicide. Maybe we need another law. Surely they wouldn't break 2 laws to commit suicide.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
They should put a sign up.

"Please DO NOT commit suicide in the gun range."

Yeah, that should work.
It may prevent them from getting sued from distraught family members looking to make right where it does not exist.

I feel for these people doing this, I'm sure they are troubled.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1245 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 75

After the last nut job shot her son and turned the rented hand gun on herself, Shoot Straight stopped renting guns for about 4 months, and then resumed. That was about a year ago. No telling what they will do today.

Saw someone comment that the ranges should not be there so people would not shoot themselves. I guess pharmacies should not be there so people could not off themselves with prescription meds.

I am also lobbying for a CCW requirement to buy a baseball bat since some guy killed his neighbor a couple of months ago with his kids bat.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #8

Likes Given: 2

We had the same thing happen here in Kansas City fairly recently, guy rented a gun and *BANG* all over.........It happened at "The Bullet Hole" a large indoor range built by B.E. Hodgdon and was at the time the largest indoor range in the world. Now Hodgdon Powder and the Bullet hole share a parking lot.

Here's a link to the range's Site, in particular its history if any one is interested:

History

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 07-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 33

The sign should read:

"Suicide is a felony and it's strictly prohibited on the premises, violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law"

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Old 07-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #10

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
It may prevent them from getting sued from distraught family members looking to make right where it does not exist.

I feel for these people doing this, I'm sure they are troubled.
I agree. Its strange in a way, of all the ways to do it, going to a range really speaks to the level of preperation a commitment these people had. Really a shame.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST