Man With AK-47 Attacks Police - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Man With AK-47 Attacks Police

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

It always humors me to see others critical of someone elses "marksmanship" in the heat of battle. It takes many firefights for someone to develop a warrior mentality that allows them to act smoothly during an active shooter situation, something i doubt these Ohio Police officers see every day. You cant learn that in training, a video game or on a thread online. It takes real situations to harden you. That 2 inch group you shot a your local range doesnt mean jack when your papertarget sat motionless withno threat to your life. Until you know what it feels like to be underfire, knowing every shot could end your life or the life of a team member and trying to nuetralize a threat with the least amount of casualties on your end, i dont want to hear it from you. The real warriors know that what matters here is that the officers (good guys) were the victors. In real life, its not the number of shots fired, but who goes home and who goes in the ground that matters. It takes time and many battles to be that one shot one kill warrior your video game makes you think you are. And even then many factors come into play. This bad guy had the intent and the upper hand by getting a jump on the officers. He had a plan. They reacted and the outcome was favorable, considering...

Bravo zulu to these officers. To the range warriors out there, your just a bunch of empty words

People Like This 
Old 05-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #12

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
She is back to duty.
Good for her!

Full recovery?

Old 05-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #13

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Dear God, do I love the Forum FNG who cryptically touts his "combat chops" by referring to people he knows nothing about as "gamers"...

Rock on Pappa Woody... Your new name is "Combat"...

Wait for it... Next comes the resume and acronym challenges...

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody View Post
It always humors me to see others critical of someone elses "marksmanship" in the heat of battle. It takes many firefights for someone to develop a warrior mentality that allows them to act smoothly during an active shooter situation, something i doubt these Ohio Police officers see every day. You cant learn that in training, a video game or on a thread online. It takes real situations to harden you. That 2 inch group you shot a your local range doesnt mean jack when your papertarget sat motionless withno threat to your life. Until you know what it feels like to be underfire, knowing every shot could end your life or the life of a team member and trying to nuetralize a threat with the least amount of casualties on your end, i dont want to hear it from you. The real warriors know that what matters here is that the officers (good guys) were the victors. In real life, its not the number of shots fired, but who goes home and who goes in the ground that matters. It takes time and many battles to be that one shot one kill warrior your video game makes you think you are. And even then many factors come into play. This bad guy had the intent and the upper hand by getting a jump on the officers. He had a plan. They reacted and the outcome was favorable, considering...

Bravo zulu to these officers. To the range warriors out there, your just a bunch of empty words

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 05-05-2013 at 04:07 PM.
People Like This 
Old 05-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #14

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Good reaction on the cops, but their marksmanship sucks. I guess that's understandable, as LEOs don't usually have much experience firing while being shot at in such a rapid rate. For that matter, if that turd had been using the shoulder stock as designed and taking well aimed shots, instead of hip shooting, this could have had an entirely different outcome. Did anyone else seem to hear him screaming "kill me"?
Everybody wanna hate without reading...
And for the record, I don't play games, and I don't hit the range as much as I should. I was speaking from the perspective of a vet who has actually seen combat. Thank you, have a nice day.
People Like This 
Old 05-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #15

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Most of what i was comenting agaist was towards some comments i found while searching other places for this same video. Guess this was an empty field for my reply, i appologize for getting anyone fired up with it, but this is tge only place i subscribe to.

However, that was a hell of a shot you took at me. I didnt nor will i post a single acronym or any piece of my resume. Not really my style. I like that you got offended fast as if i was after you personally, but you were sure to mention your veteran status. Think you even tossed in an acronym yourself.

If, however, you do want to swap resumes, grab a chair and pour some scotch and we can get it done propper. An online forum isnt exactly the place for all that. Otherwise, i was simply making a broad statement and hadnt quoted or mentioned anyone.
People Like This 
Old 05-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #16

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody
Most of what i was comenting agaist was towards some comments i found while searching other places for this same video. Guess this was an empty field for my reply, i appologize for getting anyone fired up with it, but this is tge only place i subscribe to.

However, that was a hell of a shot you took at me. I didnt nor will i post a single acronym or any piece of my resume. Not really my style. I like that you got offended fast as if i was after you personally, but you were sure to mention your veteran status. Think you even tossed in an acronym yourself.

If, however, you do want to swap resumes, grab a chair and pour some scotch and we can get it done propper. An online forum isnt exactly the place for all that. Otherwise, i was simply making a broad statement and hadnt quoted or mentioned anyone.
I thought your comments were spot on.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #17

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Good reaction on the cops, but their marksmanship sucks. I guess that's understandable, as LEOs don't usually have much experience firing while being shot at in such a rapid rate. For that matter, if that turd had been using the shoulder stock as designed and taking well aimed shots, instead of hip shooting, this could have had an entirely different outcome. Did anyone else seem to hear him screaming "kill me"?
There is an amazing thing on my app called edit if your comment needs revision or is coming off in a manner that is not intended. Your wording is inflammatory stand behind it or change it.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody View Post
It takes many firefights for someone to develop a warrior mentality that allows them to act smoothly during an active shooter situation, something i doubt these Ohio Police officers see every day. You cant learn that in training, a video game or on a thread online. It takes real situations to harden you. That 2 inch group you shot a your local range doesnt mean jack when your papertarget sat motionless with no threat to your life. Until you know what it feels like to be underfire, knowing every shot could end your life or the life of a team member and trying to nuetralize a threat with the least amount of casualties on your end, i dont want to hear it from you. The real warriors know that what matters here is that the officers (good guys) were the victors. In real life, its not the number of shots fired, but who goes home and who goes in the ground that matters
Thank you for the insight. Some of us here remembers it quite well.

Last edited by PanBaccha; 05-05-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #19
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1370 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 272

Personally, I think the LEO's responded well. He had the drop on them, and they had to get out and return fire while he was firing his AK. I also like the fact that after he hit the ground you can see him still taking hits!! I Love that part!!

Old 05-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #20
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2477 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

It's obvious this discussion is not cooling down. Say goodnight gracie.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
locutus Likes This 
Closed Thread