Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 08:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Never know!

The other thing, could have done to avoid radar signature, drop the jet at or near the deck and fly below radar?
That doesn't explain it suddenly disappearing. ATC should have been able to detect a drop in altitude.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 659 Times on 391 Posts
Likes Given: 408

The media thinks they are BS ing everybody, all the above statements makes me feel better about why I keep saying to myself, why haven't they found that jetliner?

I smell a rat!

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
Airborne1 Likes This 
Old 03-11-2014, 08:40 PM   #13
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2004 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 4220

I was watching CNN on this after taking the dogs for their walks.

The article on China deploying 10 Satellites to help, CNN and Fox both were saying that U.S. is doing the same thing.

Still no trace!

Drudge Report has some links:

Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/11/us-malaysiaairlines-flight-idUSBREA2701720140311

China deploys 10 satellites to help in search for Malaysia jet
http://news.yahoo.com/china-deploys-10-satellites-help-search-malaysia-jet-021251392--sector.html;_ylt=AoQHVpkQM_k2HGzE6sgNIavQtDMD;_ylu =X3oDMTBsNWFkOTNlBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMyBHNlYwNzcg--

Vanished Malaysia Airlines flight leaves relatives with anger and phantom phone calls
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/vanished-malaysia-airlines-flight-leaves-relatives-with-anger-and-phantom-phone-calls/2014/03/10/fdb78642-a862-11e3-b61e-8051b8b52d06_story.html

Old 03-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Big Brother...............

777 flying at 35,000 ft. suddenly goes off radar, who was sleeping at the screen. Most were from china.???????? China was doing testing on thier new war machines in the same area........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 03-12-2014, 05:41 AM   #15
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2004 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 4220

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
That doesn't explain it suddenly disappearing. ATC should have been able to detect a drop in altitude.
Sorry for the late or miss response!

Just maybe was sleep at the wheel and/or the military who today stated that the plane did a U-turn and headed west, 2 days late and everyone was looking in the east. Something does not smell right.

Also, read this article, the plane itself can be taken over by outside source!

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/11/18/2013-27343/special-conditions-boeing-model-777-200--300-and--300er-series-airplanes-aircraft-electronic-system

Quote:
On August 21, 2012, The Boeing Company applied for a change to Type Certificate No. T00001SE Rev. 30 dated June 6, 2012 for installation of an onboard network system, associated line replaceable units (LRUs) and additional software functionality in the Boeing Model 777-200, -300, and -300ER Series Airplanes. The Boeing Model 777-200 airplanes are long-range, wide-body, twin-engine jet airplanes with a maximum capacity of 440 passengers. The Boeing Model 777-300 and 777-300ER series airplanes have a maximum capacity of 550 passengers. The Model 777-200, -300, and -300ER series airplanes have fly-by-wire controls, software-configurable avionics, and fiber-optic avionics networks.

The proposed architecture is novel or unusual for commercial transport airplanes by enabling connection to previously isolated data networks connected to systems that perform functions required for the safe operation of the airplane. This proposed data network and design integration may result in security vulnerabilities from intentional or unintentional corruption of data and systems critical to the safety and maintenance of the airplane. The existing regulations and guidance material did not anticipate this type of system architecture or electronic access to aircraft systems. Furthermore, regulations and current system safety assessment policy and techniques do not address potential security vulnerabilities, which could be caused by unauthorized access to aircraft data buses and servers.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #16
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1335 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Sorry for the late or miss response!

Just maybe was sleep at the wheel and/or the military who today stated that the plane did a U-turn and headed west, 2 days late and everyone was looking in the east. Something does not smell right.

Also, read this article, the plane itself can be taken over by outside source!

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/11/18/2013-27343/special-conditions-boeing-model-777-200--300-and--300er-series-airplanes-aircraft-electronic-system
If you read this article closely, Boeing created a computer network on board the plane that handled passenger entertainment, avionics (controls to fly the plane) and safety systems. To add fuel to the fire, it had a network extender, which would give access to the systems from greater distance. Also, they had not yet addressed the security flaws that were inherent to this design.

What all this means is that passengers, crew and even possibly persons not on the plane could access this network. Since it handled passenger entertainment, my assumption is that passengers had limited access to this on board network, which anyone that has dealt with network security can tell you is enough access to further hack the rest of the network. Trust me, it is not that hard to break into a system, and the newer the better, as it hasn't been tested. This article freely admits that they had not even addressed security vulnerabilities.

The fact that this same network controlled the fly-by-wire (FBW) system means that control of the network could potentially allow control of the flight surfaces on the plane. The FBW usually smoothes pilot controls to the control surfaces of the plane to avoid harsh movements that could cause unsafe moves or stalling, but if someone controls the network that controls that system, they could conceivably enter control commands that the FBW would execute, just as if the pilot or copilot was entering them from the cockpit.

It's amazing they installed this network without rigorous safety testing.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

MobileMarine Likes This 
Old 03-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #17

Liked 1197 Times on 856 Posts
Likes Given: 610

THEY FOUND IT THEY FOUND IT .
Apparently someone on board was using their Tachyon Amplifier during flight .

If it landed then why no ransom or contact , why has no one spotted it unless its hidden or the Sierra Leon people stripped it like in Lord of War .

Wondering if they know where it is , possibly hostage situation and they refuse to pay so maybe trying to put it off as crashed in the ocean .
Also gotta wonder why the pilot had a simulator in his house '' maybe pc type '' but we dont know what kind .
Hard to believe he would train that much to kill himself .
the cell phones .... ehh , I can call my wife in the same room and have mine ring and ring until her VM kicks in and hers will never ring , cell phone can do some crazy things .
If the pilot flew that low , someone would have called in during flight unless all phones were taken by pilot which is VERY HARD to believe .
Signal jammer ? MAYBE , unlikely
I am going with the use of a Tachyon Amplifier until more solid news comes out

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

People Like This 
Old 03-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #18
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1335 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
THEY FOUND IT THEY FOUND IT .
Apparently someone on board was using their Tachyon Amplifier during flight .

If it landed then why no ransom or contact , why has no one spotted it unless its hidden or the Sierra Leon people stripped it like in Lord of War .

Wondering if they know where it is , possibly hostage situation and they refuse to pay so maybe trying to put it off as crashed in the ocean .
Also gotta wonder why the pilot had a simulator in his house '' maybe pc type '' but we dont know what kind .
Hard to believe he would train that much to kill himself .
This is all very true. Hard to believe a pilot that dedicated screwed up. However, could the simulator been to try out off-book scenarios? Say, flying the plane by computer (instead of stick) input? Or learning how to "spoof" the black box? His intended use of the simulator would be hard to determine.

Quote:
the cell phones .... ehh , I can call my wife in the same room and have mine ring and ring until her VM kicks in and hers will never ring , cell phone can do some crazy things .
If the pilot flew that low , someone would have called in during flight unless all phones were taken by pilot which is VERY HARD to believe .
I have had same scenario with my cell phone, they are definitely not a reliable source of information. Especially if someone is out of their local area, the calling phone will "ring" while the system jumps from satellite to tower and back finding the phone. This only takes a second or two, but is still deceiving to the receiving phone's actual function.

This flight started at almost 1 in the morning. The flight crew would have done everything to get the passengers sleeping immediately. In 45 minutes, I bet the pilot could have flown through the Holland Tunnel without a single passenger noticing. I was on a red eye short-hop that wasn't even an hour long and I was the first person to notice the engine on fire. Yes, flames coming out of the engine and everyone slept! I notified stewardess and pilot feathered the engine, only to have another engine flame 20 minutes later! Same scenario. The only people that knew both engines flamed were me, the stewardess and the cockpit crew. So altitude I can believe would go completely unnoticed.

Quote:
Signal jammer ? MAYBE , unlikely
I am going with the use of a Tachyon Amplifier until more solid news comes out
Very good jammers will go for less than $500 on the. Internet. For a group that was smart enough to use older, seasoned passports, this would have been thought of and implemented. This isn't a stretch at all.

I have no idea the cost or viability of a Tachyon Amplifier, but the question is could they have concealed it in their carry-on luggage???

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 03-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #19

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 146

My instincts are the cabin was decompressed...no cell phone calls. As soon as people think something is wrong, people start calling. I don't know that anyone could call with a sudden decompression.

One idea that went through my head is a water landing....a good one, that doesn't break up the plane...it would just sink without the big debris trail, but I don't know if the black box would start emitting its signal.

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Paint Job..................

Kill all the occupants, re paint the jet, fly into the good old USA.............Hey Barry here it comes................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

MobileMarine Likes This