Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Make your own target stands

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
I'm glad to see that others of us go the do it yourself route. I tried using campaign/realtor signs, but sometimes they're not available. They also tend to not hold up very well. I was going to go the pvc/angle iron route, but when I found that chaise frame, I knew it wouldn't cost me anything but time as I already had all the parts in the garage.

It held up to six en bloc clips from my garand without failing, so it must be good to go. If a thirty aught won't knock it over, nothing will. Except heavy guns of course....
It is a great idea. If I happen to come by one in the trash somewhere I will grab it.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
I use campaign posters
Ditto. Especially those for the ones I do NOT support.

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered. ...A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason."

~ Thomas Paine, January, 1776, from "Common Sense"

Old 04-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug1627 View Post
I believe that is tannerite. You can find the recipe by doing a google search. Saves money on the book that way.
thanx i will

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
-Mark Twain