Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Major Crawfish Boil For Good Friday (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/major-crawfish-boil-good-friday-85897/)

Ruger_Nut 03-06-2013 02:58 PM

Major Crawfish Boil For Good Friday

4 Attachment(s)
My mother is in a Catholic based nursing home here in Louisiana. Every year on Good Friday they have a crawfish boil. Last year they boiled 520lbs of crawfish, along with all the trimmings; corn on the cob, tators, mushrooms, and sausage.
This years boil is just a couple of weeks away. They say it's going to be over 600lbs this year! I can't wait! C'est si bon!
These are pics from last year, 2012.

willshoum 03-06-2013 03:19 PM

You gonna suck what........

Send me the left overs........:D

Ruger_Nut 03-06-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willshoum (Post 1165874)

C'mon man, you're a Coonass too.......you know we never leave anything uneaten. :D
There were about 30-40 residents and 20-25 staff members. There was NOTHING left! ;)

hoovco 03-06-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willshoum

Hell, send me the address.

willshoum 03-06-2013 03:46 PM

laissez les bons temps rouler.............

If you gonna do it right, pick me up, I'll supply the pirogue, the ice and da beer.....Just to sit wit dem old folks and pass a good tyme. specially after dey done got a few beers in dem......And you got to get it all on tape......:eek::D

winds-of-change 03-06-2013 04:03 PM

I wouldn't know how to eat those things. Do they still have all their guts in them?

Dearhunter 03-06-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1165950)
I wouldn't know how to eat those things. Do they still have all their guts in them?

After you break them apart, you dip your little finger into the head shell and dip out the good fat and eat it. Then just squeeze the tail at the tip and the meat will pop out,(sometimes you have to peel off the first ring of legs) after that you suck the head till the eyes turn around and look at ya.

Whoo boy, dat is some fine eatin.

I moved from Metaire La (New Orleans) to Charleston sc years ago.

Love dem mudbugs!!

yazul42 03-06-2013 04:12 PM

Oh man,,, I haven't had a good bunch of mud bugs for 30 years,, get the Lousiansa Hot sauce,, damn those look tasty,, Bon Appetit mon amis.

Wiebelhaus 03-06-2013 04:25 PM

We do this in Texas to boys!

willshoum 03-06-2013 04:33 PM

How to eat a mud bug.......

If every thing is done jest right, all you gotta do is seperate the head from the tail wit a twist. Then you suck and pinch the head at the same time. Then the same wit da tail. And if its done right, when you suck the head you gonna get a rush thay'll make you cough and your nose is gonna run.....Jest right boiled mud bugs will leave the pooper attached to the end of the tail......Bon appetite.........And don for get da ice cold beer.......Wait, we for got all dem heads of garlic. Just incase your wife don left you and you need som company at nite........:eek::D