Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Mad max in new york city

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Default Mad max in new york city

Its like mad max out here in new york.no power, no heat ,no water, atms are running out of money and now they are talking about stores running out of food....people are starting to loot and rob and thanks to the laws almost no one has away to protect themselves...thank god I do

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1159 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 468

Hang in there, stay safe. I pray it is unnecessary for you to need to defend yourself, family or property.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
Hang in there, stay safe. I pray it is unnecessary for you to need to defend yourself, family or property.
Sounds like a good time to stay INSIDE as much as possible.

After the mess with Katrina, i was amazed that people didn't all leave the area.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I read in the news people started looting DURING the hurricane. They have the national guard around, and AFAIK they will shoot looters, right? Slim chance they'll be around while looting is occurring, though.

Take some OC spray with you to the gas station. Gas station fist fights are the popular news theme this morning.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

This event should be a good reminder for the rest of us to be prepared for potential SHTF scenarios. Disasters can strike just about anywhere. Thank God I don't live in the a major metro area.

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 11-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 18

My buddy works for Medicare fraud with the AG's office. He was deployed this morning to go guard government assistance trucks etc. If they deployed him to the east coast from Texas it must be getting a little dangerous back there.

This is yet another good reason all should get the Concealed Carry License.
IF they start searching people for firearms and you don't have one your in jail with a bunch of stressed out dangerous people.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

It sounds like it's a horrible mess out there. They've had people on the radio all morning that have lost everything, have nowhere to go, no money, no food, no way to travel. I really feel for you folks out there. Thank God it wasn't a category 5 storm.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #8

Liked 1116 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

I do hope you had prepared yourself a little bit , sit tight , stand your ground , I hope everything works out the way its supposed to .

Old 11-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1717 Times on 936 Posts
Likes Given: 545

This is a prime example of what it will be like if the shtf. A crowded city is prime for disaster. Too many desperate people with too few resources. Most super markets only stock a 3 day supply of food. The people on Stanton Island are claiming they have been abandoned. But the New York Marathon will go on.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 11-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #10

Liked 1116 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
This is a prime example of what it will be like if the shtf. A crowded city is prime for disaster. Too many desperate people with too few resources. Most super markets only stock a 3 day supply of food. The people on Stanton Island are claiming they have been abandoned. But the New York Marathon will go on.
Hmm guess that goes back to the cannibalism post I saw a few days ago . How far will it go ? I live in a very small town of 2800 people the one grocery store here could not handle a SHTF scenerio like they are experiencing on the east coast. Food supply on the shelves would be gone in literally 1 day its not that big of a grocery store . Our cabinets are jammed full all the time and that doesnt include the crap I have put away and both freezers jammed full also . We have a SHTF here Im good , im staying put and Im not leaving until we absolutely have to . Were self sufficient on power and I have fuel to make it go for weeks if need be . The locks on my doors or for trespassers protection , not mine !!!!