Lyme Disease - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Lyme Disease

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 04:43 AM   #51
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I worked out some numbers this evening. So far for this month I am at $3750 in medical expenses since November 1st. To celebrate I had a $175 spoonful.
photo-2.jpg  
dango Likes This 
Old 11-26-2013, 05:00 AM   #52
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I worked out some numbers this evening. So far for this month I am at $3750 in medical expenses since November 1st. To celebrate I had a $175 spoonful.
Wow! That's more expensive then a 1/5th of Jonnie Walker blue label...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 11-26-2013, 05:19 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Wow! That's more expensive then a 1/5th of Jonnie Walker blue label...
Yeah, and the whole bottle cost me more than I have ever spent on booze at one time in my life!
dango Likes This 
Old 11-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #54

Liked 2764 Times on 1800 Posts

Whatever you do don't sneeze and spill it.
People Like This 
Old 12-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #55

Went in again today. Got three more prescriptions. Haven't figured out what they will cost yet. At this point I am considering seeing what Obamacare can do for me.
dango Likes This 
Old 12-10-2013, 06:20 AM   #56

Saw this on FB http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/regionals/south/2013/12/08/republican-senators-robert-hedlund-richard-ross-have-another-thing-common-lyme-disease/kA3yo9pVU8FYX1R4Sf97MK/story.html

Also I was on the phone with my insurance today (Anthem Blue Cross) and found out that my policy is being cancelled as of Jan 1st 2014 due to Obamacare. They will roll me into another policy that is "compliant" automatically but while the monthly is less expensive the deductible is much higher and the coverage is not as good.

I looked at Covered California (CA's Obamacare) and couldn't make any sense of it, but it appears as though the "Platinum" coverage, at $750 a month, might be a great way to go given my diagnosis and the projected costs that I am aware of. Basically I would have a $4000 deductible after which everything is covered 100%. But what they won't tell me is if they will cover Lyme treatments as my doctors are approaching it. The CDC, AMA, IDSA and other govenrment backed organizations are saying that Lyme is treated with a couple of weeks worht of antibiotics and then you are good to go. If you still have symptoms then it is something else.
dango Likes This 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4288 Times on 2386 Posts
Likes Given: 21553

I think anyone of us that spends time in the out doors should take interests in this . Being in the (know) , could save one or one loved one's a lot of expense
And suffering .

Seems one doesn't,t even have to spend any time out doors , even pet owners !
I think prevention , observation and anything one can do is critical , just too easy to be infected.!

It might be time for some sort of check list , might be appropriate..!

Hope you get over this quick an d painlessly as possible Viking dad..! Hang tough brother And we all should do some research !

Good luck and get well soon and I,m already researching..!
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 AM   #58

Update time. Because of the whole mess with the divorce and related medical coverage I had to put my treatment on hold for the most part. I am, as of March 1st, covered under the ACA (Obamacare). Not quite sure what that means for me because you can't find out what is in the policy until you sign up for the policy (shades of nancy pelosi).

Went to the doc yesterday and then went to the lab to get blood drawn for testing. I had to give up 15 vials one after the other. That's some brutal stuff there. I passed out for a moment after it was all done. Had some difficulty keeping the blood going (probably a little dehydrated ). At any rate, I have to check for mold allergy/sensitivity by running a Shoemaker panel for mold, several tests for hormone imbalances (still having issues with testosterone andother hormones, which is a common problem with Lyme disease). I left with a stool sample kit to test for Clostridium difficile, which is a serious infection commonly caused by the antibiotic Clindamycin.

This is the first time I have ever had trouble when drawing blood.

Oh, and last Saturday my son and I went to the archery range (in the rain- tends to be deserted then) to set up his compound bow. I tried to shoot mine but couldn't even pull the string back because I am so weak form the disease. Pulled a shoulder muscle trying. I won't be able to do any archery for awhile.
dango Likes This 
Old 03-05-2014, 03:59 AM   #59
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I'm praying for you my good friend. Every day

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 03-05-2014, 04:19 AM   #60

Liked 2764 Times on 1800 Posts

Knee mail inbound, buddy.

The c diff test is a precaution, correct? My mom fought that a couple years ago, don't know if I was a member here then. It was scary stuff, they told her the mortality rate was 13% -eeek-, but many people that get it are like 85+

Anyhow, stay healthy as possible, we're pulling for ya.
People Like This