Lyme Disease - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Lyme Disease

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 07:27 AM   #101
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1205 Times on 822 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I just looked at my last post and saw I didn't mention that when the surgeon looked at my chest X-Ray to check the placement of the catheter in my heart she saw some "shadows" in my lungs that she was very concerned about. I have never before had any lung issues. I looked at the pics and I see it too. Dammit!

Think positive brother, we are pulling for you
Old 06-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #102

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I had surgery on Friday to install a PICC line- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter- It is an IV line that goes in above my elbow and the tube dumps straight into my heart. The antibiotics that I am supposed to be starting here soon are too strong for me to be putting in my arteries, they must be put in at the heart so they mix with a larger volume of blood. Doing two drips twice daily, takes 4 hours every day. I mix up an IV bag every night and put it by the bed for the morning. That way I can start the drip when I surface and then go back to sleep while it is running its course. The IV drips are Rocephin and Septra.

On the plus side I am starting to see some improvement in my brain functions- processing and all of that is getting better. Short term memory is also improving. The downside is that physically I am in more pain and have less stamina. Also dealing with nausea which is a problem because I have no appetite and getting enough food is a real challenge.
Thoughts go out to you buddy. At least you live in a state where you can get medicine that is natural to help with the lack of appetite and nausea. Also when my uncle had throat cancer he kept his weight up drinking Guiness Draught since it went down smoother than other beers and is actually rather good for you.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1879 Times on 1337 Posts
Likes Given: 2118

Default Say what...............

Way back when, I removed a tick that had gorged its self in my chest. Being a smoker I put the cig. to his butt and he backed out.............Around this time I come up with what they call chronic fatigue syndrome.............It lasted three months.................Wish this on your worst enemys...................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

People Like This 
Old 06-23-2014, 11:13 PM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 58 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 39

So sorry that you are still going thru this. I will continue to pray for you to get better, mind and body!! You are blessed to have a special person helping you get thru this, please send my regards to her, and I hope she too is well.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 06-24-2014, 01:20 AM   #105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3166 Times on 1798 Posts
Likes Given: 18391

I share your pain and the best wishes and prayers Bro !