Luke AFB Fly By.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Luke AFB Fly By.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Default Luke AFB Fly By.

Luke AFB is west of Phoenix and is rapidly being surrounded by civilization that complains about the noise from the base and its planes, forgetting that it was there long before they were. A certain lieutenant colonel at Luke AFB deserves a big pat on the back. Apparently, an individual who lives somewhere near Luke AFB wrote the local paper complaining about a group of F-16s that disturbed his/her day at the mall.

When that individual read the response from a Luke AFB officer, it must Have stung quite a bit.

The complaint:
'Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base:

Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 A.M, a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune! Do the Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns early bird special?

Any response would be appreciated.

The response:

Regarding 'A wake-up call from Luke's jets' On June 15, at precisely 9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four- ship fly by of F-1 6s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave of Capt. Jeremy Fresques. Capt Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day.

At 9 a. M. On June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and friend. Based on the letter writer's recount of the fly by, and because of the jet noise, I'm sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the President of the United States and all those veterans and servicemen and women who understand the sacrifices they have endured..

A four-ship fly by is a display of respect the Air Force gives to those who give their lives in defense of freedom. We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay their ultimate respects.

The letter writer asks, 'Who m do we thank for the morning air show? The 56th Fighter Wing will make the call for you, and forward your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt Fresques, and thank them for you, for it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable formation of their lives.

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

USAF

Snopes says it is true with some slight changes. I for one am glad this douche got put in his place. We have idiots like that around here. The build a $750,000 home across the street from a Quantico MCB Range complex then piss and moan about the noise. Not sure what the problem is. I personally get a little amped up when I hear machine gun fire and demo going off doesn't everyone?

snopes.com: Luke Air Force Base Fly-By

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

Luke AFB was the second assignment in my young AF career, I was there from 73-74. At that time, Phoenix was not a bastion of liberal turds...

Old 07-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #3

Liked 860 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Luke AFB was the second assignment in my young AF career, I was there from 73-74. At that time, Phoenix was not a bastion of liberal turds...
The Phoenix Metro area is still mostly conservative, but I suspect we all have liberal turds in our respective punchbowls these days.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #4

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
The Phoenix Metro area is still mostly conservative, but I suspect we all have liberal turds in our respective punchbowls these days.
Didn't mean to offend at all. From what I've seen & heard from the Mayor of Phoenix - he's a prince of liberal turds so I suspect a bunch of the same elected him...

Old 07-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #5

Liked 860 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

No offense taken at all brother. The citizens of this state have made a few bad choices in the recent past. They are mostly conservative but elected Janet Napalitano. I was just making the point that we all have liberal turds that have been elected in all of our areas. Hell, our country tends to be more on the conservative side and The King of All Douches - BO, was elected President. We have a serious shortage of critical thinking in this country.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 770 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 2909

Screw the PUKES

GOD Bless our TROOPS

Old 07-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #7
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2106 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 4539

When I was stationed at Barksdale AFB, LA for the short time before going to Osan AB, South Korea in 2002.

The B-52's do their standard flight pattern in the local area. Someone complainted to the local newspaper of B-52 noise flying over their house in Bossier City. Well, the Mayor of Bossier City was giving a speech to the public when B-52 coming flying over, he paused and waited then comment to the coward, "That sound stands for Freedom".

I wish I could find the link, it was almost 7 or 8 years ago.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This happens alot to me also. Usually when I'm working with the horses. Not from Luke, but Williamsfield. They fly pretty low a few times a day doing whatever training exercises they have to do. I'm in a very rural part south Mesa (just about Gilbert actually, though the mailing address says otherwise), so its a good place for them to practice.

Hurts my ears, and scares the **** out of the horses, but I don't complain. Some of the maneuvers they do are awesome, and I get to see them daily. How many people say they get to see that?

Besides, Arrowhead is quite a ways more into North Phoenix. Luke is much farther west than that. I'm sure that this is the first time she has ever seen or heard them.

Way to go, Col. Rosensteel

Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #9

Aww, screw those pieces of crap.
A while ago they got their wish, they shut down Lowry AFB.

That's not noise, that's the sound of freedom.

BTW, I'm front left in my avatar pic.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:00 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The city of Phoenix is turd-like & has been for quite some time. I remember when there used to be a little blue sign posted above the "Welcome To Phoenix" sign that said "PHOENIX-- THE BEST RUN CITY IN THE WORLD"

Here is what Phoenix is good for:
Phoenix Fairgrounds Crossroads Gunshow July 10 & 11

Newest Threads