Low inflation?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Low inflation?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2262 Times on 1233 Posts
Likes Given: 667

Default Low inflation?

The government is trying to tell us we have low inflation. Obviously they are lying as usual. At Walmart raisins were $3.97/24 oz. At one time the box held 32 oz. the other day raisins were $3.97 but the box now reads 20 oz. That is an 18% increase. I have been noticing this with a lot of other products. Ice cream went from 2 quarts/half gallon to 1.5 quarts but the price did not drop. That amounts to a 33% increase in price. Look at your groceries and what has not gone up in price has gone down in volume. List some of the items.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The government is trying to tell us we have low inflation. Obviously they are lying as usual. At Walmart raisins were $3.97/24 oz. At one time the box held 32 oz. the other day raisins were $3.97 but the box now reads 20 oz. That is an 18% increase. I have been noticing this with a lot of other products. Ice cream went from 2 quarts/half gallon to 1.5 quarts but the price did not drop. That amounts to a 33% increase in price. Look at your groceries and what has not gone up in price has gone down in volume. List some of the items.

In direct answer it is EVERYTHING!

By Govt standards inflation IS stagnant. But as usual they cook the books so to speak.

They DO NOT figure the price of food or fuel into the equation for figuring inflation.

Same with the unemployment rate. Its hung @ 8.5 % or some such for YEARS....but they dont take into account those that have been kicked off the system or those that WERE making $30 an hour now working @ wally world for $8.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 09-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
fmj

BEER!

30 pack of Busch light was $13.25 its now $15.95! How is one expected to survive!?!?

Old 09-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #4

Liked 4430 Times on 2190 Posts
Likes Given: 947

What weirds me out, is that while prices have gone UP, manufacturers have slyly made their products smaller to appear as if things are the same. I wonder if this administration had something to do with that... I mean, they did go after and convince candy makers to quit manufacturing king sized candy bars.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/02/18/thanks_michelle_obama_no_more_king_sized_candy_bar s

So it is no stretch to say that this administration colludes and coerces food manufacturers to their bidding....

Old 09-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2262 Times on 1233 Posts
Likes Given: 667

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
BEER!

30 pack of Busch light was $13.25 its now $15.95! How is one expected to survive!?!?
Drinking light beer is just surviving.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #6

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Toilet paper! The double rolls we buy are the old normal size that cost 2x as much!

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
What weirds me out, is that while prices have gone UP, manufacturers have slyly made their products smaller to appear as if things are the same. I wonder if this administration had something to do with that... I mean, they did go after and convince candy makers to quit manufacturing king sized candy bars.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/02/18/thanks_michelle_obama_no_more_king_sized_candy_bar s

So it is no stretch to say that this administration colludes and coerces food manufacturers to their bidding....
No. This is a time honored technique that has been used for decades.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Drinking light beer is just surviving.
GOTTA drink the diet beer, If i dont watch my figure, the girlys wont either.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #9

Liked 2087 Times on 1334 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

Nothing new here. This has been going on since at least Roman times. Reading history is preety neat. There's nothing new under the sun.
Thebig news back in the '40s was Milton Hershey decreasing the size of his bar so as not to increase the 5 cent price.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:25 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 939 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 206

www.shadowstats.com is your friend