Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   For the love of a dog......... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/love-dog-52286/)

winds-of-change 11-23-2011 10:06 AM

For the love of a dog.........

China: Locals Build Kennel For Grieving Dog Guarding The Grave Of Its Dead Owner, Lao Pan | Strange News | Sky News

Hachiko (1923 - 1935) - Find A Grave Memorial

Jay 11-23-2011 10:17 AM

It's difficult to match, much less beat the loyalty, and trust of a dog.

Dogs Ten Commandments
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years - any separation from you will be very painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment...You have your work, your friends, your entertainment...
I HAVE ONLY YOU!

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when you're speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll NEVER forget it.

7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hands but I choose NOT to bite YOU.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long or my heart may be getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for ME if you are there. Remember that I love you.

PanBaccha 11-23-2011 11:29 AM

Richard Gere did a film on Hachiko, Japanese story of dog who waited for its master by the train station for many years. (Master died of heart attack @ train station)

Hachi: A Dog's Tale Trailer - IMDb

winds-of-change 11-23-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha (Post 634090)
Richard Gere did a film on Hachiko, Japanese story of dog who waited for its master by the train station for many years. (Master died of heart attack @ train station)

Hachi: A Dog's Tale Trailer - IMDb

I just saw that today as I was researching for this thread.

winds-of-change 11-23-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 634082)
It's difficult to match, much less beat the loyalty, and trust of a dog.

Dogs Ten Commandments
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years - any separation from you will be very painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment...You have your work, your friends, your entertainment...
I HAVE ONLY YOU!

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when you're speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll NEVER forget it.

7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hands but I choose NOT to bite YOU.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long or my heart may be getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for ME if you are there. Remember that I love you.

I have never sent a dog for euthanasia without accompanying him or her. And all my children who can at the moment, even though they are grown and out on their own, meet me there.

And I never hit my animals. I scold, I send them to their crate, but I never hit them. Praise and positive reinforcement works so much better for dogs..........and humans.

This post got me a little teary.

ellis36 11-23-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha (Post 634090)

If you love dogs this movie will bring an ache to your heart! I've held both of my dogs in my arms as they passed and I dread the passing of the little one we have now. This one is really going to hurt! Hopefully it's a few years in the future.

winds-of-change 11-23-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellis36 (Post 634119)
If you love dogs this movie will bring an ache to your heart! I've held both of my dogs in my arms as they passed and I dread the passing of the little one we have now. This one is really going to hurt! Hopefully it's a few years in the future.

It's the least we could do for our faithful companions for the many years of unconditional love they gave us. I wouldn't leave any other family member alone in the hour of death, why would I do that to my dog? I certainly wouldn't.

Jay 11-23-2011 02:14 PM

We've been told that we treat our dogs better than some folks treat their kids. Well, our dogs are much more well-behaved than some folks' kids are.....

PanBaccha 11-26-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellis36 (Post 634119)

I feel your pain Ellis. Your dogs will wait upon your arrival too when that day comes.
For love is unbroken and transcends all.
:)

fmj 11-26-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 634151)
We've been told that we treat our dogs better than some folks treat their kids. Well, our dogs are much more well-behaved than some folks' kids are.....

Thats a fact!!!!! Hell, our dog is better behaved, has better manners and listens better than our own kids! Not to mention the heathens of others. ;):rolleyes::D

The wife and often say that if we had gotten our Champ first, instead of last, we would have NO kids today! :eek:;):D