Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Lost my dog on Saturday (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/lost-my-dog-saturday-31695/)

BunnyWabbit 09-13-2010 02:48 PM

Lost my dog on Saturday

:(Don't take for granted the special pets in your life. I buried one on Saturday night in a nice wooden ammo box with a latching lid. Since her name was Ammo, I thought it appropriate.

I wish someone had given Jesus a dog, as loyal and loving as mine.
To sleep by His manger and gaze in His eyes, and adore Him for being divine.

As our Lord grew to manhood His faithful dog, would have followed Him all through the day.
While He preached to the crowds and made the sick well and knelt in the garden to pray.

It is sad to remember that Christ went away to face death alone and apart.
With no tender dog following close behind, to comfort its Master's Heart.

And when Jesus rose on that Easter morn, how happy He would have been,
As His dog kissed His hand and barked it's delight, for The One who died for all men.

Well, the Lord has a dog now, I just sent Him mine, the old pal so dear to me.
And I smile through my tears on this first day alone, knowing they're in eternity.

Day after day, the whole day through, wherever my road inclined,
Four feet said, "Wait, I'm coming with you!" and trotted along behind.

Rudyard Kipling

Benning Boy 09-13-2010 03:10 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

Jo da Plumbr 09-13-2010 03:21 PM

That is sad news Bunny. My heart goes out to you.

So hard to lose a friend as close as a dog. But so worth the pain for all the love they give.

Leatherneck1775 09-13-2010 03:32 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that. Losing a family member is never easy. our thoughts are with you.

hunter Joe 09-13-2010 03:52 PM

Sorry to hear that. Took me five years to replace the best dog I ever had named Buddog. I now have another lab named Darla (or Yummy) who is my new best dog I've ever had. Never met a dog I didn't like, wish I could same the same for humans. Good luck, Joe

BunnyWabbit 09-13-2010 03:57 PM

She was one half of my two matching rat terriers named Ruger and Ammo. I still have Ruger and also have a black Lab. But she was the first dog and I would have had her for 13 years this November.

The weirdest part of all of this, when she died, I put her on her blanket on the floor and told the other dogs to come tell her goodbye. The lab came up and licked her face and went and layed down. Ruger came up but wouldn't come within 5 feet of her, then went and ran to his kennel and wouldn't come out for a couple hours. When she was sick, Ruger would lay in the recliner with her and keep her warm. It was sad.

Dzscubie 09-13-2010 04:20 PM

I am sorry for your loss Bunny, keep hold on those memories of Ammo and she will always be with you.

Scubie

canebrake 09-13-2010 04:41 PM

Sorry for your loss BW.

This is a very "dog friendly" forum and when one of us loses a family member each of us has a hole in our hearts.

Godspeed Ammo.

IGETEVEN 09-13-2010 04:44 PM

I am sincerely sorry for your loss BW. :(

A loss of a loved and devoted, canine family member, whose companionship, unending loyalty and unconditional love, will always be hard to take...I don't care who you are or how tough you think you are.

My heartfelt condolences for you loss. Indeed, Godspeed Ammo.

orangello 09-13-2010 05:15 PM

My condonlences on the loss of your little friend.