Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Lost my Dad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6112 Times on 3703 Posts
Likes Given: 6918

I am sorry to hear of your loss. No matter when our parents go, it always seems too soon. The pain will ease in time but your Father will always be on your mind. Live your life as he lived his. That would be a great way to honour him. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Give yourself time to mourn.

rocshaman Likes This 
Old 11-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #32

Liked 621 Times on 404 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

Sorry to hear of the passing of your Dad,condolences and prayers sent.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #33

Liked 259 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 1194

Sorry for your lose, I just lost my step father a few months ago, still very fresh. First thanksgivin without him an x-mass right around the cornor. Hang in there OP try to keep your chin up,

Old 11-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #34

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Condolences from over the pond.. you'll never walk alone

Old 11-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #35

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I lost both of my parents in 2010. They passed away within 5 months of each other. Many prayers sent your way. All of the good things that both of them had done along with the stories got us all through it. It is a very tough thing indeed. The memories still bring a very big smile to me on a daily basis! God bless.

Michael

Old 11-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #36

Liked 1416 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 989

I know that we hope our children say things about us when we are gone like you said about your Dad. He sounds like a great man. I am sorry for your loss. I will pray for your family tonight with mine.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

rocshaman Likes This 
Old 11-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
What can you say about someone that has meant everything in your life. None of you knew him, but if you would've, you would have liked him. He treated everyone fair and with kindness, he loved people, he always treated everyone with respect. And in return, he was one of the most respected and well-loved people I've ever known. Everybody loved my Dad and I'm not kidding you guys, I wish you could've have known him because he was just a bright spot in anyone's day. He never had a bad thing to say about anyone, he'd give more than anyone ever expected anyone to give, he helped people just because to him, it was the right way to take care of business. He's gone on to the Lord and by God I miss him already, so much. I'll tell you, I loved my Dad and I will sorely miss him and his wisdom, his love and his insight into everything about our family. It's a tough time for me friends and my family, I'd ask you for your prayers to see us through this time.

Hard thing to realize outside of faith is the fact that the two of you will meet up again with lots to talk about. Be patient, my friend, this inevitability will come to pass. And the two shall be inseparable henceforth forevermore.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #38

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

I have been where you are now and its real hard. Stay strong and if you need anything just ask. Prayers sent.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #39

Liked 114 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Man I hate to hear this. I am truly sorry for your loss.

May you find strength and peace. Prayers to you, your father and your family.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 231 Posts
Likes Given: 277

rocshaman, I can tell by your post how much you are hurting. I lost my Dad in 1987 and my eyes still tear when I think of him. I wrote this little piece back when the loss was almost unbearable. Maybe it will mean something to you.

-----------

HOME

In my mind I go there sometimes. I sit in Dads' chair and listen. It is very quiet for a time, then the memories of my youth begin to come. I hear Mother singing while she sews on the treadle machine on a summer afternoon. A baseball game on the radio for a few minutes before Dad goes back to the field. The spring rain on the tin roof at night and the smell of a summer shower in the hot dust of a dirt road. The roads lined with honeysuckle early on a spring morning. The sounds chickens make at night and how those sounds merged with the sound of the crickets and the call of an owl. Sounds of my youth. Memories not only of my life but more importantly, of my parents life.

I see Mother working in the garden and hear a mockingbird singing in the old dead tree in the orchard. Dad making the twice daily trips to feed the hunting dogs he was so proud of. And finally I see him stooped over the dog feeder with his dogs around him when his heart stopped...... Mother finding him crumpled on the ground and for her the immediate realization that the one thing that could separate them had finally happened. For the first time since they had fallen in love they were apart. I see her sitting on the ground with his head in her lap, stroking his face and crying with a truly broken heart. The passing of time had no meaning for her. For her, time had stopped with his passing.

The sounds and the memories play in my mind for a long time then slowly they fade away and again I am sitting in Dads chair listening to the silence. Not even the ticking of a clock to mark the passing of time. Time for this house stopped with Dads' death and now there is only the rustling of a mouse and a pop in the timbers as the foundation settles. A house built by Dad and Mother to be a home for them and their children. A purpose fulfilled and now a slow return to nature.

Finally I realize I am not sitting in Dads' chair. Even the chair is a memory.

'Precious memories, how they linger.'

-o-