Lost Angeles melts down 40,000 pounds of weapons - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Lost Angeles melts down 40,000 pounds of weapons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 05:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Everyone's got pro-gun friends in every state - obviously they're either not the majority, they don't vote, or they don't give a sh!t....can only be one of the three, but I tend to think they're a small minority of the overall population.
wrong... It can actually be all three at once, depending on the specific person at hand. That person may not vote, may not be in the majority, and may not care in the first place.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:21 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
My girl also asks me what my fascination is with weapons and owning them. I inform her that along with my 2A right, that I find firearms to be fascinating, and that each one serves its own specific purpose.

As for the video, he holds up an AR and says "This is an assault weapon".....

someone PLEASE inform me as to what an assault weapon actually is?!?!?!?

Jumpin Geez-us on a pogo-stick.....I HHHHAAAATTTEEEE that term....
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the term as used in the 1994 US Assault Weapons Ban, see Federal Assault Weapons Ban.

The M16 was first adopted in 1964 by the United States Air Force (USAF). It fires the 5.56x45mm NATO round.An assault rifle is a rifle designed for combat, with selective fire (capable of shooting in both fully automatic and semi automatic modes). Assault rifles are the standard infantry weapons in most modern armies, having largely superseded or supplemented larger and more powerful battle rifles such as the M14, FN FAL and the Heckler & Koch G3. Examples of assault rifles include the AK-47, the M16 and the Steyr AUG.

Article II: A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State, The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed.

Article IV: The Right Of The People To Be Secure In There Persons, Houses, Papers, And Effects, Against Unreasonable Search And Seizures, Shall Not Be Violated, And No Warants Shall Issue, But Upon Probable Cause, Supported By Oath Or Affirmation, And Particulary Describing The Place To Be Searched, And The Persons Or Things To Be Seized.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #13

I really hate it here in LA... well hollywood technically

"Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for murders, but nobody blames spoons and forks for Rosie O'Donnell"

Old 05-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganwolf View Post
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the term as used in the 1994 US Assault Weapons Ban, see Federal Assault Weapons Ban.

The M16 was first adopted in 1964 by the United States Air Force (USAF). It fires the 5.56x45mm NATO round.An assault rifle is a rifle designed for combat, with selective fire (capable of shooting in both fully automatic and semi automatic modes). Assault rifles are the standard infantry weapons in most modern armies, having largely superseded or supplemented larger and more powerful battle rifles such as the M14, FN FAL and the Heckler & Koch G3. Examples of assault rifles include the AK-47, the M16 and the Steyr AUG.
Okay, so selective fire is the determining factor? Good, someone go give these pukes in congress that definition. We all know Wikipedia is a reliable source...

Old 05-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ok, aggreed that wicipedia may not be reliable, so how about Encyclopedia Brittannia?

assault rifle

Main
military firearm that is chambered for ammunition of reduced size or propellant charge and that has the capacity to switch between semiautomatic and fully automatic fire. Because they are light and portable yet still able to deliver a high volume of fire with reasonable accuracy at modern combat ranges of 300–500 m (1,000–1,600 feet), assault rifles have replaced the high-powered bolt-action and semiautomatic rifles of the World War II era as the standard infantry weapon of modern armies. Their ease of handling makes them ideal for mobile assault troops crowded into personnel carriers or helicopters, as well as for guerrilla fighters engaged in jungle or urban warfare. Widely used assault rifles are the United States’ M16, the Soviet Kalashnikov (the AK-47 and modernized versions), the Belgian FAL and FNC, and the German G3. (See also AK-47; M16 rifle.)

Article II: A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State, The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed.

Article IV: The Right Of The People To Be Secure In There Persons, Houses, Papers, And Effects, Against Unreasonable Search And Seizures, Shall Not Be Violated, And No Warants Shall Issue, But Upon Probable Cause, Supported By Oath Or Affirmation, And Particulary Describing The Place To Be Searched, And The Persons Or Things To Be Seized.