You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Look At This Baby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #51
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16288 Times on 6718 Posts
Likes Given: 2656

I moved to a new work location in 1994. Met one of my new office mates, was a bit started- he walked like Lurch from the Addams Family. Boy did not bend. To get up from a chair, unless he had his back against a wall and could push himself back and up the wall, you put your foot in front of his toes, and pulled him upright. He drove- a car with special controls.

When he was a child, he had chicken pox. Instead of having an external manifestation, his had been internal- and it froze just about every joint in his body. What mobility he had was the result of years of painful physical therapy.

Nice guy, hell of a sense of humor. Pretty wife and 2 kids. Was a worker's comp claims adjuster.

I mention this as a reminder- some minor childhood diseases are not so minor to everyone. Check out the effects of German Measles on an expecting mother, sterility from mumps. Native Americans with no immunity died by the thousands from measles.

Are there bad side effects from immunizations? Could be- I do not know. I have seen the effects of NOT being immunized. Retired military, think I have been vaccinated against everything but the common cold. I know that in past wars we lost more soldiers to disease than to bullets.
People Like This 
Old 08-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 15091 Times on 7553 Posts
Likes Given: 14200

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I moved to a new work location in 1994. Met one of my new office mates, was a bit started- he walked like Lurch from the Addams Family. Boy did not bend. To get up from a chair, unless he had his back against a wall and could push himself back and up the wall, you put your foot in front of his toes, and pulled him upright. He drove- a car with special controls.

When he was a child, he had chicken pox. Instead of having an external manifestation, his had been internal- and it froze just about every joint in his body. What mobility he had was the result of years of painful physical therapy.

Nice guy, hell of a sense of humor. Pretty wife and 2 kids. Was a worker's comp claims adjuster.

I mention this as a reminder- some minor childhood diseases are not so minor to everyone. Check out the effects of German Measles on an expecting mother, sterility from mumps. Native Americans with no immunity died by the thousands from measles.

Are there bad side effects from immunizations? Could be- I do not know. I have seen the effects of NOT being immunized. Retired military, think I have been vaccinated against everything but the common cold. I know that in past wars we lost more soldiers to disease than to bullets.
Good post, C3. but conspiracy theorists don't care about facts.

GOD BLESS PRESIDENT TRUMP
Dallas53 Likes This 
Old 08-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #53

Liked 7166 Times on 3532 Posts
Likes Given: 2227

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
If you get the vaccinations , why do you fear getting the diseases .....?
Okay... look at it this way.
Because of immunizations, smallpox is gone, eliminated.

Now, would you still want to be the only one 'vaccinated' while being surrounded by the apocalyptic plague?

If the majority of the population is immunized, there's less chance of the disease being present in the population.

Now I'm no expert, and I could be wrong, but I don't think that being vaccinated means you're 100% not going to catch it.

Then you have to factor that certain vaccines can only be given to kids at certain ages.
So sucks to be a parent in a plague of 'X' strain of disease, yet have to wait until 4 years to preteen to vaccinate...

I think only HepB vaccine can be given to newborns.

Galatians 5:22-23

Pray for the hundreds of thousands of innocent people being killed by Islam across the world.
locutus Likes This