longevity plasma cutter

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > longevity plasma cutter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default longevity plasma cutter

Need some advice from the metal fabricators on the forum (I know your out there..) -import plasma cutter for hobby use. Im looking at the longevity brand plasma cutter. any experienced plasma users here that could share some feedback? here is the machine that I am interested in:

ForceCut LP-40D Pilot ARC | Plasma Cutters for sale.

they offer a good warranty and its in my price range for the playing around that I will be doing with it. what you guys think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-13-2010, 12:11 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I had a bit of trouble with the link loading, but I am sure that is my connection. I am not familiar with the brand. What are you planning on cutting in regards to type of metal and thickness? Does it run off of 110 or 220? Personally, I am partial to the Hypertherm Max42.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 06-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I personally would be a little nervous about a machine that can run of 110 or 220. In my experience with welding and plasma cutters, 110 isn't even worth fooling with. It simply does not get hot enough to do anything, even 16ga is a struggle.
The 40A on 220 should be good for most light metal, I've used a similar sized unit to cut thru 3/8" steel and it was not a problem. I'm not familiar with that brand but if they have a good warrenty you can give them a try.

Have you tried searching for a fabricator's forum? There are a number of them out there. I don't frequent them but a friend of mine does, he's a much better fabricator then I am.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-14-2010, 09:34 PM   #4

Likes Given: 1

Default Thanks for the reply.

Just got in to my email and seen that I had some replies. After making my post here, I realized that there had to be some good fabrication forums that could point me in the right direction on this one too. I found a forum called weldingweb.com where longevity seemed to have a pretty good presence on. I heard some mixed reviews of the equipment but overall, there was no one on the HUGE forum who had any complaints about there customer service. I went ahead and ordered it since it has the 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Im gonna give it a shot for a couple of weeks and if it turns out to be to cheesy for what I want to do or craps out on me, ill send it back and save my money for something else. Thanks for the feedback.

PS- I plan on running the machine on 220V so hopefully I wont have any problems with the machine not having enough juice. Thanks again.