Longballer Delivers: The DH Custom Tracker - Page 20
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Longballer Delivers: The DH Custom Tracker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbellavnce View Post
I don't want to get law enforcement involved. I still hope once he gets his s($t together he will send back or refund me what is mine. At this point it is probably like getting blood from a stone and any kind of legal action may make things worse for him and his family. Just send me an email Dave. Thanks. JPB
Just PMd you with a bunch of info. Hope it helps.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #192

I could see how we should cut the guy some slack early on due to his financial hardship. But the lack of communication was key. So what does he do? He comes back and apologizes and admits he should have communicated better with everyone. And now where are we? In the wind again with no communication. If you don't believe the guy is full of hot air by now, you need a reality check!

And in this situation, it's not about money. The guy took a GUN as payment. So one of two things happened. 1 He sold or hawked the gun for money or 2 he still has it and just needs to return it.

If he accepted a gun as trade, it would have to be shipped to a FFL dealer here in MO. If the member remembers who the FFL was that he shipped the gun to, he could call and explain the situation and the FFL might provide Dave's address from the 4473 form be should have filled out for the gun.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #193

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
I could see how we should cut the guy some slack early on due to his financial hardship. But the lack of communication was key. So what does he do? He comes back and apologizes and admits he should have communicated better with everyone. And now where are we? In the wind again with no communication. If you don't believe the guy is full of hot air by now, you need a reality check!

And in this situation, it's not about money. The guy took a GUN as payment. So one of two things happened. 1 He sold or hawked the gun for money or 2 he still has it and just needs to return it.

If he accepted a gun as trade, it would have to be shipped to a FFL dealer here in MO. If the member remembers who the FFL was that he shipped the gun to, he could call and explain the situation and the FFL might provide Dave's address from the 4473 form be should have filled out for the gun.
Bingo! Cutting the guy some slack early on was we all did and IMO the correct way to have done things. HOWEVER, IMO things have changed and it is pretty obvious that he is not going to get any better at communicating.
I really do feel for the guy, we have all been through rough patches, but he has also been given more than a fair chance to make things right.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Old 06-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #194

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 9

When Dave posted his first $100 offer for a holster back in October I gave him an order. By January after getting a couple of "it will go out tomorrow" and nothing showing up I sent him a note on his website to cancel the order. I then contacted my credit card company and disputed it. I thought that would be the end of it. In Feb the charge was reinstated to the bill by Dave and I still did not receive anything. Disputed the charge again and this time it stuck. My sympathy evaporated when he did that. As of yesterday his web site is still up like nothing has happened.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #195

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Wow it IS absurd that this is still going on. I think it would have been little effort the last time he came on to say "hey folks, i appreciate the patience and concern, as i mend my personal obligations i will be halting my business until further notice." Ect ect, and provide refunds and returns where applicable. Because that his site is still up and accepting orders, new customs may be charging their cards and then have the no communication issue. Also, this ordeal seems to have essentially ruined business for David simply from the lack of communication. I feel the above quote may have absolved things before they had ever gotten thus far.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #196

There is a contact number on his website. Has anyone tried calling him?

Old 06-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus
There is a contact number on his website. Has anyone tried calling him?
Surely that number has been dialed numerous times....

Old 06-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #198

I would hope so, but I don't recall anyone saying they've been calling it. I didn't know about the last member who posted about trading his gun.

I think it's comical that his website has a Friends of Firearms Talk Forum badge. He might have a hard time finding a friend here now.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:35 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus
I would hope so, but I don't recall anyone saying they've been calling it. I didn't know about the last member who posted about trading his gun.

I think it's comical that his website has a Friends of Firearms Talk Forum badge. He might have a hard time finding a friend here now.
Even i have his personal cell number somewhere around my desk, email too. Neither will he answer. Its becoming redundant saying he is not answering, i believe we are all aware, all thats left to do it wait, and pray.

And yes, refer to above, not much support left here for the man.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #200

Liked 761 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 274

First,

There are only a couple people out there that I still owe. And one of them is not telling the whole story by a long shot.

You can't trade stuff; get your custom leather holster and belt, then weeks later decide you're not happy with the trade and demand your money/gun back. So theft? Not even close. He's been told that he'll get his refund when I can afford the extra $.

If anyone took the time to notice that my site had not been updated in months, they would also notice that orders are not possible there. I also stopped posting here until I can finalize fixing my fuk up.

I never expected this to happen, but it did. A bunch of you were patient and had issues resolved. Those who threatened me, cursed me, called my wife to bitch, well ... it takes longer to get past your issues than others.

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com

Last edited by LongBaller71; 06-25-2013 at 01:04 PM.