Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Long Island Shooting Center Heads Up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Long Island Shooting Center Heads Up

I bought a rifle from Long Island Shooting Center in Islip Long Island on Tuesday February 2nd 2009 and had to wait for the back ground check to clear so they said check back on Friday February 5th 2009. I didn’t go back until the following Tuesday February 8th 2009 to get it and when I got there they said the back ground check didn’t come back yet so I decided I already drove all the way to the gun store/range I may as well use the free range time while I’m there, you get a 1 time free range pass with new gun purchase. Since I didn’t know at the time that the FBI only has 3 days to come back with a denial or the gun store can just give you the gun I waited a few more days and called them instead of driving all the way there yet again and they say the approval still hasn’t come back so I asked them what is the longest time you have to wait and the guy wouldn’t give me an answer so I called the local ATF and they said it’s 3 days. At this point I’m pretty sure they sold the rifle by accident (willing to give them the benefit of doubt at the time) so I go back and tell them I know it’s 3 days maximum just give me the money back, I called another gun store and they had a few of the same guns in stock for a few bucks more but I just wanted out of this situation.

The guy takes the receipt and goes to another room (always make a copy of the receipt when paying cash) comes back puts the receipt on the counter covering most of it with his hand then asks me to sign on the bottom didn't think anything of it then gives me a check for the total with $20 less than I paid and wouldn’t give a copy of the receipt. When I asked him about the $20 he said I used the range already (they charge $11 for the range fee) So I say you have got to be kidding you probably sold a paid in full gun from under me and you are going to charge me for the range fee after making me wait and driving back and forth so many times! He runs around the counter and chases me out of the store like a freak'n lunatic.

I will never go back, if you plan on doing business with these clowns then you better watch your back.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Pretty strong stuff there.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #3

Demand your damn money back. That's a heap load of bull****.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #4

Default It sounded like a HEAP OF BULL ALRIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
Demand your damn money back. That's a heap load of bull****.
I have been to that gun store numerous times and never had a problem. Sounds like a made up cock and bull story to me, but whatever. Maybe the guy had a bad day, or maybe the guy who tried to buy the rifle was a jerk. Nobody will ever know? I for one recommend the Long Island Shooting Center though, they have a large assortment of long arms and pistols, an indoor range, and gunsmithing on premises. Just my opinion.

In addition; while the Feds have three days to reply to a NICS check, the gun dealer does not have to sell you the gun and can wait for a reply as long as they want. There is no law that forces a gun dealer to sell you a gun if you haven't cleared the check. Maybe they saw this guy for the * * * * * he was and decided not to sell him the gun.

Last edited by Avid Shooter; 05-06-2009 at 08:33 PM.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #5

Yea, I've heard this before with them.

There's a local board (LongIslandFirearms.com) that discussed issues with them.

Check out that thread.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I would get the police involved.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Shooter View Post
In addition; while the Feds have three days to reply to a NICS check, the gun dealer does not have to sell you the gun and can wait for a reply as long as they want. There is no law that forces a gun dealer to sell you a gun if you haven't cleared the check. Maybe they saw this guy for the * * * * * he was and decided not to sell him the gun.
Why would you even defend this practice? If the Feds say three days, why buy from some ******* business that can withhold your purchase for as long as they like? That's BS and it's fishy to me that you could support it.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Why would you even defend this practice? If the Feds say three days, why buy from some ******* business that can withhold your purchase for as long as they like? That's BS and it's fishy to me that you could support it.

Let's look more closely. A almost 3 month old thread visited by and posted to by someone with their first and only post. They're either the reciever of said rifle, close friend of shop owner or the shop owner themselves who got wind of this thread.
avid.jpg  

Old 05-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbikingdad View Post
Let's look more closely. A almost 3 month old thread visited by and posted to by someone with their first and only post. They're either the reciever of said rifle, close friend of shop owner or the shop owner themselves who got wind of this thread.
And Point to dbd.... That would game and set.

JD

Old 05-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbikingdad View Post
Yeah, I picked up on that. Good eye. Figured the people in New York haven't heard my opinion dujur, so I had to remedy that