Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Long distance phone carriers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Long distance phone carriers

Long distance phone carriers

I believe I have touched on this issue before, but will do so again here so that others who may not of read about it before can do so now.

Ever major long distance phone carrier in the U.S. gives some money and/or support to anti-gun groups to help fight for gun bans. All except one and that is Touch Tone Communications, which gives money to pro-gun groups to help in the fight for our gun rights.

I have had this somewhat new long distance carrier for a while now and have had no problems with it. My cost of normal long distance has gone down sense I have been using them. Their rate is at .06 cents a minute for long distance calls, making this one of the cheapest long distance rates that I know of.

Once in a while I tend to forget to pay my bill with them and when I remember it I am 2 months behind. This has been no problem with them, not like some that will cut your service off if it’s not paid within a week or so of the billing date. I just call them and make payment over the phone and everyone is happy.

A small amount of the money I pay for the monthly bill is sent to GOA sense I got the service through their web site. If Fire Arms Talk was to talk to Touch Tone you might be able to receive some funding from them if a member was to join through just a link posted on the board. The forum members who joined Touch Tone would possible see lower rates, you would show support for gun ownership and gun rights, also helping with some funding of Fire Arms Talk.

I am not an endorser of products per say but this one is well worth the plug I am giving them. You do have a choice and one that supports the right we believe in. I would say go to their web site and look around see what they have to offer. If you like it you can sign up right on the web site.

www.touchtone.net

or call Customer Service at 1-800-266-4006

opaww

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I'll check it out. Thanks for the info.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

What proof can you give me that all other phone carriers give to anti-gun causes?

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #4

Most are listed on the antigun list that the NRA has and several others I have posted a link to the list before on the board. I will see if I can find it.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:22 PM   #5

http://www.pinkpistols.org/antigun.html

Here is one of the lists compiled the 7th one down is AT&T the others I'll have to look for on the list or another one I don't remember right off where they are.

Southwestern Bell is toward the bottom along with Sprint Corp.

Mci merged with a nother phone company to become World com. which may of been bought out by Verizon. World com is on the list also

Last edited by opaww; 07-10-2008 at 11:06 PM.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Switching to a separate long distance carrier probably means getting two separate bills or writing two separate checks each month?

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
http://www.pinkpistols.org/antigun.html

Here is one of the lists compiled the 7th one down is AT&T the others I'll have to look for on the list or another one I don't remember right off where they are.

Southwestern Bell is toward the bottom along with Sprint Corp.
So, you're really just eating what someone else is feeding you? You never decided to do your own research into it before publicly smearing them?

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Old 07-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #8

It does but I can live with that, but most times I just call it in and pay with a credit/debit card over the phone

Old 07-10-2008, 11:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
So, you're really just eating what someone else is feeding you? You never decided to do your own research into it before publicly smearing them?
Don't make assumptions, about wheather I checked this myself or not. If you don't like what I post or the info I post then delete it or ban me from the account. either way I don't give a ****. I posted a link to a list that has been researched by many groups and compiled by them. I have also looked for myself into some of these groups, sense I had questened the data provided.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Don't make assumptions, about wheather I checked this myself or not. If you don't like what I post or the info I post then delete it or ban me from the account. either way I don't give a ****. I posted a link to a list that has been researched by many groups and compiled by them. I have also looked for myself into some of these groups, sense I had questened the data provided.
I was just wondering if you had looked into it was all. If I had a problem with what you had posted, I would have deleted it. I have no problem with it, I'm just trying to spark thought and discussion.

There are a few people who post rather one sided stories and back them like they are law. I just like to get the wheels turning when I see a one sided story is all. You're not one of those people, I was just taking this as an opportunity to get people to investigate before jumping into something.

In this day and age of Red vs. Blue and the media frenzy that goes with it, thought and investigation are never a bad thing.

I apologize if I've offended.

Roger Waters