Long distance

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Long distance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 503 Times on 276 Posts

Default Long distance

So I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that I can go and shoot long distance with my son? I guess what I am looking for is a place that has the rifles class room time and practical training.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #2

Liked 2604 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
So I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that I can go and shoot long distance with my son? I guess what I am looking for is a place that has the rifles class room time and practical training.
Assuming you are talking about Connecticut?

I know of a place outside Tampa, Florida...

Old 08-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #3

Liked 322 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
This is a good course to start off with if your son is in his mid to late teens. They will get you and your son out to 1000 yards.

http://www.riflesonly.com/courses/courses_open_to/Civilian/Precision_Rifle__I__II__Combo.html

The marksmanship program here is good for all ages but especially good for the younger kids. I put my grandson in it at the age of 8 Y.O. The Appleseed program offered at my range lasts two days and is on a weekend once a month. The folks that run this are great with the kids. I'm getting my 16 Y.O. nephew into this program (before his hunter safety course) in the near future as he wants to go hunting next year with his high school friend and dad.

http://appleseedinfo.org/

Last edited by mrm14; 08-18-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 276 Times on 161 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Bell City in Southington lists 200 yards. I used the following to find it but only looked at public ranges.

http://shooting-range.findthebest.com/d/a/Connecticut

Real dogs drool!

Old 08-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #5

Liked 503 Times on 276 Posts

I am looking anywhere in the US. I do not own any long distance rifles, so the place we go would have to provide them. He is almost 17, on his schools varsity rifle team (scores around 185) has had the nra safety course ( plus me always on him about firearm safety)

We would both like to fire a Barrett, plus others.