Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Lone Survivor

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2014, 01:09 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 511
Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
Shoobee, if you really were in the military, then you would know that soldiers don't get to pick and choose which orders, missions or operations they decide to follow or accept.
I do not believe he was. It was about a month ago when I saw him claiming that he was a "marine" on a different thread. It has since been deleted, but he called me some not so nice things while he was at it.

Now I'm only a Poolee, but every Marine I have ever met or seen online spells Marine with a M, not a m. And I do mean every single one.
__________________

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

Franklin1995 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:27 AM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,165
Liked 20840 Times on 11848 Posts
Likes Given: 52360

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
I do not believe he was. It was about a month ago when I saw him claiming that he was a "marine" on a different thread. It has since been deleted, but he called me some not so nice things while he was at it.

Now I'm only a Poolee, but every Marine I have ever met or seen online spells Marine with a M, not a m. And I do mean every single one.
personally, i have never served one day in the military, but even i know that it's spelled Marine Corps!

i also know that Marines or soldiers don't have the luxury of picking or choosing which assignments, missions or operations they participate in.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
Franklin1995 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:30 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 511
Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
personally, i have never served one day in the military, but even i know that it's spelled Marine Corps!

i also know that Marines or soldiers don't have the luxury of picking or choosing which assignments, missions or operations they participate in.
Or in this case, sailors (gotta be nice to the squids!)
__________________

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

Franklin1995 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:01 AM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,165
Liked 20840 Times on 11848 Posts
Likes Given: 52360

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
Or in this case, sailors (gotta be nice to the squids!)
my uncle "Chip" spent over 20 years in the Navy as a sailor. he spent a few years incountry in Vietnam in the "Brown Water Navy". he died several years ago, and though i did know growing up uncle Chip spent a good number of years in the Navy, i never knew until after he passed that he was even in Vietnam much less incountry. my mother didn't tell us till a couple of years after he had passed about some of the things he did while in the Navy all those years.

funny thing, when i was still in high school and trying to decide which branch to enlist in, my father was trying to get me to decide on the Air Force, uncle Chip was trying to persuade me to join the Navy, and my grandfather had been in the Army in WWII. i think i disappointed them all when i made the decision to try for the Marine Corps!

after i was rejected medically for the Marine Corps, i tried every other branch, along with the Coast Guard to no avail. none of them would clear me medically to enlist. i have very few regrets in life, but that is one of the few i do have.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:19 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,526
Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
I do not believe he was. It was about a month ago when I saw him claiming that he was a "marine" on a different thread. It has since been deleted, but he called me some not so nice things while he was at it.



Now I'm only a Poolee, but every Marine I have ever met or seen online spells Marine with a M, not a m. And I do mean every single one.

Franklin, when do you ship out? Which coast are you gonna be? If west, pm me and I can give ya some pointers if you'd like. I came out of MCRD San Diego back in February


America doesn't need a Marine Corps, they want one
__________________
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:19 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 511
Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
my uncle "Chip" spent over 20 years in the Navy as a sailor. he spent a few years incountry in Vietnam in the "Brown Water Navy". he died several years ago, and though i did know growing up uncle Chip spent a good number of years in the Navy, i never knew until after he passed that he was even in Vietnam much less incountry. my mother didn't tell us till a couple of years after he had passed about some of the things he did while in the Navy all those years.

funny thing, when i was still in high school and trying to decide which branch to enlist in, my father was trying to get me to decide on the Air Force, uncle Chip was trying to persuade me to join the Navy, and my grandfather had been in the Army in WWII. i think i disappointed them all when i made the decision to try for the Marine Corps!

after i was rejected medically for the Marine Corps, i tried every other branch, along with the Coast Guard to no avail. none of them would clear me medically to enlist. i have very few regrets in life, but that is one of the few i do have.
That shouldn't be a regret Sir. You tried, and had medical issues. That is nothing to regret or be sorry for. Just by trying you did more than many in this country ever had, and if it wasn't for circumstances out of your control, you would have served.

My father served 22 years in the Air Force. He isn't very happy that I'm joining the Marine Corps, but I know that I wouldn't be happy in any other branch. Marines have so much pride and such a rich history, not to mention their brotherhood and loyalty to one another. I can't wait for my 13 week "vacation" My doctor is telling me that I'm about 3 weeks out from being completely medically cleared!
__________________

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

Franklin1995 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:22 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 511
Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Franklin, when do you ship out? Which coast are you gonna be? If west, pm me and I can give ya some pointers if you'd like. I came out of MCRD San Diego back in February


America doesn't need a Marine Corps, they want one
I'm going to the REAL Recruit Depot, Parris Island and hopefully I'll be leaving in July or August. I've been dealing with medical BS since January when I had a unexpected surgery. Then the surgeon screwed up and gave me some stuff to use for 2 and a half months to "keep the wound clean." Turns out that if you use the stuff for more than 7 days, it kills all of your tissue... 6 months later and I'm almost cleared.

I would appreciate any pointers you could give, even though I'm on the other coast. I'm sure that some things are similar.
__________________

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

Franklin1995 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:51 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,526
Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
I'm going to the REAL Recruit Depot, Parris Island and hopefully I'll be leaving in July or August. I've been dealing with medical BS since January when I had a unexpected surgery. Then the surgeon screwed up and gave me some stuff to use for 2 and a half months to "keep the wound clean." Turns out that if you use the stuff for more than 7 days, it kills all of your tissue... 6 months later and I'm almost cleared.

I would appreciate any pointers you could give, even though I'm on the other coast. I'm sure that some things are similar.

Pm sent


America doesn't need a Marine Corps, they want one
__________________
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:18 AM   #29
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 7,350
Liked 2984 Times on 2032 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Default The Lone Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
I'm going to the REAL Recruit Depot, Parris Island and hopefully I'll be leaving in July or August. I've been dealing with medical BS since January when I had a unexpected surgery. Then the surgeon screwed up and gave me some stuff to use for 2 and a half months to "keep the wound clean." Turns out that if you use the stuff for more than 7 days, it kills all of your tissue... 6 months later and I'm almost cleared.

I would appreciate any pointers you could give, even though I'm on the other coast. I'm sure that some things are similar.
Good luck son. As others here have told you,, you'll have a very big fan club here....with all the Service rivalry, remember, we're all on the same side. Let us know when your shipping out,..we will send you our best wishes on the Podcast...
Even though I'm retired Army, both sides of my Family have Marine connections. On Dad's side, both my Grandfather and my Great Uncle were WW1 Marines. On my mom's side, my uncle Steve was a Marine Officer( pilot) in both WW2 and the Korean....growing up, one of my closest friends' Dad was killed In 1971 while serving as a Marine Col. Of course my friend followed in his Dad's footsteps, first serving as an Enlisted & NCO, leaving as an E6, then went to college, and went back as an officer, leaving the Second time as a Capt., having served a total of 16 years(8 as an NCO and 8 as an officer)...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*


Last edited by DrFootball; 06-02-2014 at 04:34 AM.
DrFootball is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #30
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Threetango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Carolina, a gun friendly state.
Posts: 2,482
Liked 4543 Times on 1536 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

Default

Picked up my copy this morning and was somewhat surprised the package contained both a blue ray and regular disc and was only $17.99.
Gonna save it until Sunday afternoon and pop up some Orville Redenbacher natural sea salt and butter popcorn and view it.

__________________

NSDQ

Threetango is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Lone Survivor ScottA The Club House 38 02-11-2014 11:06 PM
The Survivor Fire Starter dirk8504 Firearm Accessories & Gear 10 10-06-2013 08:09 PM
M6 scout or NEF survivor(tamer) malmais General Rifle Discussion 10 07-28-2013 03:06 AM
Survivor: Redemption island cpttango30 The Club House 4 02-12-2011 11:29 PM