Lock your car door! Or any door - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Lock your car door! Or any door

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 144 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 167

If they don't want my gun, they don't want my $$$$.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue

Dude, I know, i was making my way around the desk but as fast as they showed up they left and were gone. They were looking for hertz rental. The salesman is a good AZ patriot and he told me he noticed too and was watching.
What dealership in Az so I know to watch out i also keep mine in the car due to company rules

Old 03-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #23

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I've never been to a gun store that didn't have a sign that boldly says: "No loaded firearms allowed except uniformed law enforcement." It does not except permit holders. Of course, they would not complain or kick out a respectable permit holder who happens to be carrying. But I am more than willing to respect the posted wishes of one of the good guys. No skin off my nose. They are all carrying openly, so I don't feel unsafe in there unarmed.

Summary: I COULD carry, but decide to follow their request NOT to carry.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 03-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #24

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Wire some mustard gas canisters through your exhaust to your panic button. That will take care of them s***heads
Friend of mine in the National Guard said in Iraq, for "crowd control", they had claymores loaded with rubber balls attached to their Bradley IFV....that sounds like it might work here.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #25

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Friend of mine in the National Guard said in Iraq, for "crowd control", they had claymores loaded with rubber balls attached to their Bradley IFV....that sounds like it might work here.
That would be awesome!

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 03-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Most of the gun shops I go to have a sign that says any loaded firearm must remain holstered at all times. They don't care if you carry, just don't bring on in you plan on havin em look at for any reason. I've been in there and found a holster I'm interested, if someones helping me I just tell em I'm gonna go outside and unload and come back in to see if it fits and they seem to appreciate it

Old 03-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
I drive an Explorer. I place the safe under the back seat and cable it ti the seat frame, however you could just leave it on the floor in the back and throw and old fast food bag over it.

Luckily criminals are by nature not the brightest if people. If they she a sweatshirt or mcdonalds bag on the floor, they will probably just think your untidy.
When the criminals see trash or junk lying about the vehicle they might just think they are at home.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:30 PM   #28

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Gun stores in Nevada wouldn't dare put up a sign that says "No Loaded Guns"

In Nevada you have to have a sign AND metal detectors at each public entrance to legally keep you from carrying in a gun.

We are real gun friendly ..

But then again our cops in LV have one of the highest officer involved shooting deaths in the nation...

Old 03-28-2012, 11:30 PM   #29

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris
I've never been to a gun store that didn't have a sign that boldly says: "No loaded firearms allowed except uniformed law enforcement." It does not except permit holders. Of course, they would not complain or kick out a respectable permit holder who happens to be carrying. But I am more than willing to respect the posted wishes of one of the good guys. No skin off my nose. They are all carrying openly, so I don't feel unsafe in there unarmed.

Summary: I COULD carry, but decide to follow their request NOT to carry.
Ive never seen or been to a gunstore that had that policy....i routinely open carry in the two or three gunstores in my area as do most other patrons and the employees.

The one store i usually visit is a big law enforcement supplier so there are always at least a couple cops inside.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #30
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8704 Times on 5034 Posts
Likes Given: 11315

I am in a no-carry county in CA, but when I was working at a dealership most all of us mechanics were into guns so it was not uncommon for us to have them in our vehicles. Management got wind of it at some point and made a new policy that we could not have firearms on company property, period. We all started parking on the public street right out in front of the dealership every day, even if we did not have a gun in the vehicle. Management then said that all employees were prohibited from parking in front of the dealership (they have no right to enforce such a policy on a public street.) They asked if we had firearms in our vehicles every day and we said it did not matter, if the policy was no firearms on company property was the policy, our cars would be parked in the street until the policy was changed. They said we would be disciplined if we continued to park out front, so we arranged for other people who worked in neighboring businesses to park there. It took about a month of this BS before they changed the policy.