Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Lock your car door! Or any door

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default Lock your car door! Or any door

Saw something happen so fast it touched a nerve. Just now, today.

I had my POV parked here at the dealership for my night job. I would say sitting behind a desk I am bout 100 normal walking steps away.

I had left my wallet and gun in there since I hate stuff in my pockets. Locked it up and was good.

A bucket pulls up on the lot. It was like a 1984 chevette hatch back. POS. 4 people in it. Saleman all laughing. One guy goes out there to see what's up. driver gets out and starts talking to salesman. the passenger gets out, now, my pov is in plain sight. She gets out and in one full swoop, she acts like she's brushing her hair back but she checks my door handle. Locked luckily.

I just had witnessed how fast something can happen. Alot of us carry here for self defense. I do. CCW everywhere I go. Got me thinking I have to be ready to act and any given moment. I know it's getting deep just watching a crack head check my door handle but it hit me like a rock.

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I keep mine in my truck at work too because company policy won't let me take it in and keep my job if I got caught. I tried to get en to let me put it in my locker if they didn't want me to carry but they said no without even thinking about it...needless to say I'm not happy about it but not much I can do about it

Old 03-13-2012, 01:42 AM   #3

Liked 323 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 915

i was told that if i leave my gun unattended in a vehicle and its stolen and used to do harm i can be held accountable i dont no the truth to this but i generally do not leave it behind..im in california this could be true here.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:48 AM   #4

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Thats crazy, i would have checked that worthless POS. I would see red if i ever caught anybody trying to open my door.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 03-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #5

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Thats crazy, i would have checked that worthless POS. I would see red if i ever caught anybody trying to open my door.
Dude, I know, i was making my way around the desk but as fast as they showed up they left and were gone. They were looking for hertz rental. The salesman is a good AZ patriot and he told me he noticed too and was watching.

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:11 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2530 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Next time hit the panic button on the remote. That will get their attention.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 03-13-2012, 02:18 AM   #7

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
Next time hit the panic button on the remote. That will get their attention.
Wire some mustard gas canisters through your exhaust to your panic button. That will take care of them s***heads

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 03-13-2012, 02:24 AM   #8

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1
i was told that if i leave my gun unattended in a vehicle and its stolen and used to do harm i can be held accountable i dont no the truth to this but i generally do not leave it behind..im in california this could be true here.
The rare times I have to leave my gun in the Car (Library and Post Office), I have a small safe with a cable wrapped around my seat frame. I highly recommend this, and it complies with all laws of reasonable care.

You can buy one for about $25 but it's worth 10 times that if you use it.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:42 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1137 Times on 557 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I agree on the Nano safe. I also have to leave my handgun in the car, and we have had too many break ins. There is a huge university across the street which attracts plenty of thieves to add to those that go there as students. I would get one of those and lock your gun.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 03-13-2012, 03:54 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Where do you put the safe? I've seen em and know they're small but there's no room under the seat