A local petition against the new assualt weapons ban!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A local petition against the new assualt weapons ban!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

Default A local petition against the new assualt weapons ban!

I just was thinking what else I could do to help fight Dianne fiensteins assault weapons ban. I'm thinking about starting a local petition and getting neighbors, friends and family to sign. I work at a sheet metal shop and most people that come in are hunter and supporters of the 2nd amendment. And I will personally take it to my representatives office. Is this a reasonable way to fight the good fight? And will a representative take this seriously?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertb6112 View Post
I just was thinking what else I could do to help fight Dianne fiensteins assault weapons ban. I'm thinking about starting a local petition and getting neighbors, friends and family to sign. I work at a sheet metal shop and most people that come in are hunter and supporters of the 2nd amendment. And I will personally take it to my representatives office. Is this a reasonable way to fight the good fight? And will a representative take this seriously?
Depends on the Representative. Some will not change their decision no matter what. Others are on the fence. THEY are the ones you need to focus on.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #3

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

It's more than reasonable and more class than what Sen Feinstein would show you. As for taking it seriously ... not a chance! The only thing politicians take seriously are votes and campaign contributions ... nothing else.

If you want to fix the problem you need to first remove the problem. Organize a grass roots campaign to get her removed. Use her tactics against her ... contact her supporters and the business they deal with, organize a boycott. Contact her constituents and show them the hypocrite that she is ... show them her dirty laundry

Fight fire with fire

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 01-02-2013, 02:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj
It's more than reasonable and more class than what Sen Feinstein would show you. As for taking it seriously ... not a chance! The only thing politicians take seriously are votes and campaign contributions ... nothing else.

If you want to fix the problem you need to first remove the problem. Organize a grass roots campaign to get her removed. Use her tactics against her ... contact her supporters and the business they deal with, organize a boycott. Contact her constituents and show them the hypocrite that she is ... show them her dirty laundry

Fight fire with fire
There is a local tea party group that meets once a month in my area that I have over heard about. Thanks for the info. I figure something's better then nothing. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude that nothing is going to happen.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:12 AM   #5

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertb6112 View Post
There is a local tea party group that meets once a month in my area that I have over heard about. Thanks for the info. I figure something's better then nothing. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude that nothing is going to happen.
That's all anyone can expect ... if "something" does happen than at that time it's up to you to determine just what action you are prepared to take

But at the very least, be active ... participate ... do SOMETHING! Because if you don't you will always think to yourself ... what if?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-02-2013, 02:50 AM   #6

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

With chicken hawk Feinstein and the communist party/POTUS, we have a major problem that may require physical action. That is my honest opinion. Obama said he'll do it, Feinstein has already proposed it. Now it is up to us to decided: tyrannical control or BOR.

Do you want our US to become a communist country? Russia wants to, China wants to. The POTUS is the perfect fit for this day and age. If this Assault Weapons Ban passes, which I am highly against. This country will now be in the hands of the communists FULLY.

Mark my words.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity
With chicken hawk Feinstein and the communist party/POTUS, we have a major problem that may require physical action. That is my honest opinion. Obama said he'll do it, Feinstein has already proposed it. Now it is up to us to decided: tyrannical control or BOR.

Do you want our US to become a communist country? Russia wants to, China wants to. The POTUS is the perfect fit for this day and age. If this Assault Weapons Ban passes, which I am highly against. This country will now be in the hands of the communists FULLY.

Mark my words.
Well if it comes down to it comrade I'll fight!