Local Gunstore Issue - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Local Gunstore Issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #11
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Was it a new person taking your order?

I wouldn't take it personally.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #12

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I would be a little irked myself but i dont think that it would cause me not to make future purchases. I would just talk to your manager friend and ask him why your needing to make deposits now. You may receive a very understandable explaination.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #13

Likes Given: 2

I'll pick up the last gun, already paid in full, and probably never grace thier door again or recommend them. The grips were for that already paid for revolver I'm waiting on and they were aware of that.

I have seen the store change over the years, to three times the price of another FFL's transfer fee, refusing to be the receiver of Glock pistols because he's a Glock dealer and wants you to buy from him, to having an attitude of not caring if you buy or not as someone else will. There are enough people in and out the door that if you don't buy it rest assured somebody will be filling out a 4473 for that item.

One of the reasons I like to frequent local businesses is for the personalized service. If I want impersonal I can get that from the internet and probably a lot cheaper to boot. I'm not foolish enough to think that my purchase of a set of rubber stocks for the already paid for revolver will make or break them. The gun I paid for, but am waiting on, is the one I wanted the stocks for. Since they are unwilling to do that I'll just take my business elsewhere and recommend others do the same.

Even with shipping and transfer fees I can get things cheaper online. Lots of businesses talk about "support your local stores" but when push comes to shove they make it hard to do so by thier attitude and lack of personal service. I have a local Gunsmith I use that is known for his work, more than one in fact. While I may have to wait my place in line to get guns worked on, I've always appreciated the personal service and attention to detail. That is a factor that seems to be lacking in this store. By the way, these 'smiths don't ask me for a deposit, or accept one, when I drop something off to be worked on and they are famous names. In some places a man's word is still good I'm glad to see.

BikerRN