Loan for a gun? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Loan for a gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 02:48 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10557 Times on 4561 Posts
Likes Given: 1697

Kage- ref the income tax thingy on guns- you will be required to stay after school and write "I will research internet runors before acting upon them" 500 times. However, you CAN use a Sharpie to write that on random liberals hanging out at Starbucks.

That measure was introduced with ONE sponsor, NO co-sponsors, referred to committee, and died there. Yet we have some folks talking about the 2010 tax form (does not exist yet) and having to list their guns on it. NOT.

There is enuff real crap out there that is scary. Learn to separate wheat from chaff, grasshopper.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:51 AM   #12
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well expressed C3 and you let him off with out a spanking..expect that may of been a reward in hind sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:00 AM   #13

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage0113 View Post
The registering thing is about the law our great politicians want to pass for the $50 gun tax, if they are still debating that. And I have a job and know I will be able to pay it back. Plus I've gotten a loan threw them already.
I think you got off lucky without C3Shooter turning you over his knee for a good whoopin. I would like to know where you get your info. Please include credible links, not some story from some teenager or anything like that....

Does WalMart pay that good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-09-2009, 05:38 AM   #14

I've heard the tax thing all over the place, including this forum...And yes, walmart plays surprisingly well, and I have a fair enough amount to spend. And note that I said"if they are still thinking about the tax." So I had good reason to NOT want the govt. to know about my gun. And I work/go to class ALL DAY about every day. SO cut me a break. Checking up on all my politics isn't my first priority when I come home, that's why I was asking.

NRA member since November 16, 2009

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."-V

Old 11-09-2009, 05:40 AM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Credit scores ? Hmphh.. 22% interest ? Paying months or even years to break even ? Credit card companies love to issue cards knowing that they are going to take way more than what the price tag said.. I've been using nothing but cash for years.. And actually saved money.. Screw the credit card companies !! Scrimp and save the old fashioned way.. The U.S. Government has used "credit" for years.. See where it got us ??
Loans ? Yeah.. Look at what it has done to the banking and housing market. The FDIC admits to having the least amount of money since the FDIC was established.. From bailing out banks.. Loans are fine. But make one late payment and watch the interest skyrocket.. It's a racket. Just like cell phones.

Just save.. If you have a spouse that wants more and more, Find another spouse. If not, you can save more $$..Yes, I have a spouse. But she knows my attitude on this subject and agrees with me.. TOTALLY opposite of the ex wife.. That's why I have an "Ex"..

Old 11-09-2009, 06:42 AM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Best advise already give.

PS
Your credit score is NOT an imaginary number. The better your credit score the lower your interest is on a loan and the more money the banks will be willing to lend you. Take good care of credit score and it will serve you well in life, abuse it and expect to pay cash for everything the rest of your life.

and paying cash is the best way to go anyhow!!

Old 11-09-2009, 06:44 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesicarry View Post
Credit scores ? Hmphh.. 22% interest ? Paying months or even years to break even ? Credit card companies love to issue cards knowing that they are going to take way more than what the price tag said.. I've been using nothing but cash for years.. And actually saved money.. Screw the credit card companies !! Scrimp and save the old fashioned way.. The U.S. Government has used "credit" for years.. See where it got us ??
Loans ? Yeah.. Look at what it has done to the banking and housing market. The FDIC admits to having the least amount of money since the FDIC was established.. From bailing out banks.. Loans are fine. But make one late payment and watch the interest skyrocket.. It's a racket. Just like cell phones.

Just save.. If you have a spouse that wants more and more, Find another spouse. If not, you can save more $$..Yes, I have a spouse. But she knows my attitude on this subject and agrees with me.. TOTALLY opposite of the ex wife.. That's why I have an "Ex"..
My X-wife thought her responsibility was to point at things she wanted and it was my place to figure out how to get it, today! That's not why she's my x, but I won't go there.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
My X-wife thought her responsibility was to point at things she wanted and it was my place to figure out how to get it, today! That's not why she's my x, but I won't go there.
Goju: Were you married to my (first) ex-wife?

Old 11-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #19

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Slap yourself in the back of the head for even entertaining the thought, imo.

As for a loan, I'd say "No" to that. The suggestion to get a first-time credit card (if you don't already have one) is a a good idea. That, in and of itself, will be the best way to build your credit profile if that's what you are really looking to do. But, don't max it out and make sure you make all your payments on time.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #20

In my younger days, I took out a loan to throw a party when I sewed on my buck sgt stripes. Couple of kegs, food, and a band at the KoC hall. Now that I look back at it, it's wasn't very smart, but at the time, it seemed like the right thing to do and it was a blast.

Going into debt for whatever reason is your choice, or sometimes there is no choice about it. It's your call on this one, weigh the pros and cons. Heck, I've done it for motorcycles, stereo equipment etc etc... but then again I was in the military and had a steady income to pay off the debt.

It's up to you........................markerdown

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Newest Threads