Live Tissue Training - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Live Tissue Training

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 03:36 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Hey DOC, PM sent on your inquires, hope it helps ya out. Let me know if I can answer any more questions concerning the animal Trauma Training labs.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”
Old 09-16-2009, 04:22 AM   #12
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Men are men, goats are goats.

I propose the Guantanamo Bay Live Tissue Research Facility, for the ultimate in training.

During Ramadan.

With pork chop knives.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #13
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I think this would be a good use for bears. Why trap & relocate the troublesome ones digging in garbage & harassing pets to some nice wilderness area; there are probably already bears there that won't appreciate the over-crowding. Send the bad bears to get gut shot for science. Good riddance to bad bears.

Seriously though, a bear is probably much closer to a Marine than a goat (comparing physiology, not demeanor).

What the heck are we letting those stupid & dangerous animals wander loose for anyway, geesh.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #14

Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post

I propose the Guantanamo Bay Live Tissue Research Facility, for the ultimate in training.
I have always thought we should have the Guantanamo Bay MOUT Training Site. They get paintball rounds, we get ball ammo.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #15
Liked 1446 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Wow, sixty two years and I never thought of this type of training!

My hat is off to you guys!

No wonder we are saving more men in field.

How could a sane person not see the logic in this vital training??

F**k PETA and Cass Sunstein!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #16

If it can save the life of or comfort a wounded soldier on the battlefield, I say shoot a pig, stick a goat, and burn whatever you need.
If you studied hard, passed your tests, care for what you are trained to do, and are determined to give your brothers the best care they could possibly get under the circumstances then you will do fine.
I am a NYS Paramedic with 13 years of experience. I know that does not compare to being a combat medic but it does compare to being confident in your training. Your training will not fail you. Sure, working on live flesh is great for getting the "feel" of starting lines, intubating, putting in a chest tube, etc. However, I do know there are a lot of training aids out there that do feel like the real thing.
What is tough is when you have to intubate a person. In class you trained with a mannequin on a table in a well lit room or if you passed a tube in the Operating Room during your clinical rotations you were lucky. When do you get to do it for the first time in a real situation? YOU GUESSED a truck that is upside down in a 15' trench at 0145hrs on a man with half of his face missing while the truck is trickling gas into said ditch and a trooper is lighting a road flare 40' away to divert traffic! Thats WHERE!
The first time I did a chest decompression was in a flattened house and an active, on the ground tornado about 1/2 mile over my left shoulder. I peed a little but my training kicked in and I got the job done.
Train and talk to those with experience, that will give you what you need better than a pig with a gut wound.
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)
Old 01-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #17

i'm a corpsman attached to 2nd marines.. and we do live tissue labs as part of our work ups.. and i think that if it can help me save my marine's life then it's worth it..

and they do shoot the pig.. aside from all the amputations and lacerations that they get..

semper gumby
Old 01-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
Liked 4857 Times on 2421 Posts
Likes Given: 1188

If they remove this training, I'll GLADLY donate any extra deer I shoot, if it would make a difference.
Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #19
Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Personally, I don't care what John Q. Public thinks. I want medical personnel to get the best training possible. If that mean butchering a few critters so be it. People have no qualms about shooting someones pet over a $5 chicken that should be in a pen to survive but they complain if someone uses an animal for training. That is ludacris!