Live Free or Die ???? Obviously subject to corperate approval in N.H.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Live Free or Die ???? Obviously subject to corperate approval in N.H.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 839 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1742

Default Live Free or Die ???? Obviously subject to corperate approval in N.H.

Yet another WTF moment in this country.... and I was thinking N.H. & Vermont were pockets of sanity in the Northeast ????
...Store clerk fired for pulling legal handgun on knife wielding robber;

Shannon "Bear" Cothran thwarted a would-be robber by pulling out his handgun — and was fired from his gas station job just hours later.
NASHUA, N.H. — A New Hampshire gas station clerk who thwarted an attempted robbery by pulling out a handgun was fired because company policy prohibits staff from carrying firearms.

Shannon "Bear" Cothran told the Telegraph of Nashua that he was working at a Shell station in Nashua early Monday when a man approached him with a knife. Police confirmed that the would-be robber fled after Cothran pulled out a gun.
Cothran said he then filed a report with Nouria Energy Corp., which owns the station, and was fired hours later even though the store manager and a district manager lobbied to save his job.
Nouria said in a statement Wednesday that it instructs its cashiers to give thieves what they ask for during a robbery attempt to resolve the conflict peacefully and quickly.

"Make no mistake: We care about the personal well-being of employees like Mr. Cothran, whose years of service are truly appreciated — not about the money in the cash register. So, we are especially grateful that this situation was resolved without injury," the statement said. "We do respect the constitutional right to bear arms. However, we believe the best way to keep our employees and customers safe is to prohibit weapons in the workplace." ( & .... That statement is so full of contradictions I don't even KNOW where to begin to criticize it ??)
The company said its policies are similar to others in the industry and consistent with the advice offered by police.
Full story; http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/nh-gas-clerk-fired-for-pulling-gun-on-robber?ocid=ansnews11

I hope he sues... and I hope this dude finds a BETTER company to work for.... and for more money too!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6339 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Yet another WTF moment in this country.... and I was thinking N.H. & Vermont were pockets of sanity in the Northeast ????
...Store clerk fired for pulling legal handgun on knife wielding robber;

Shannon "Bear" Cothran thwarted a would-be robber by pulling out his handgun — and was fired from his gas station job just hours later.
NASHUA, N.H. — A New Hampshire gas station clerk who thwarted an attempted robbery by pulling out a handgun was fired because company policy prohibits staff from carrying firearms.

Shannon "Bear" Cothran told the Telegraph of Nashua that he was working at a Shell station in Nashua early Monday when a man approached him with a knife. Police confirmed that the would-be robber fled after Cothran pulled out a gun.
Cothran said he then filed a report with Nouria Energy Corp., which owns the station, and was fired hours later even though the store manager and a district manager lobbied to save his job.
Nouria said in a statement Wednesday that it instructs its cashiers to give thieves what they ask for during a robbery attempt to resolve the conflict peacefully and quickly.

"Make no mistake: We care about the personal well-being of employees like Mr. Cothran, whose years of service are truly appreciated — not about the money in the cash register. So, we are especially grateful that this situation was resolved without injury," the statement said. "We do respect the constitutional right to bear arms. However, we believe the best way to keep our employees and customers safe is to prohibit weapons in the workplace." ( & .... That statement is so full of contradictions I don't even KNOW where to begin to criticize it ??)
The company said its policies are similar to others in the industry and consistent with the advice offered by police.
Full story; http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/nh-gas-clerk-fired-for-pulling-gun-on-robber?ocid=ansnews11

I hope he sues... and I hope this dude finds a BETTER company to work for.... and for more money too!!
Nice to see a corporate office that cares so much for the safety of a thief that they are willing to have employees murdered. Good job ceo!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

People Like This 
Old 10-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #3

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

They are inviting crimes against their own staff. To publicly announce the employee is to pay any robber on demand is ridiculous.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8181 Times on 4420 Posts
Likes Given: 17387

Most big corporations have the same policy. I am allowed to store a handgun in my vehicle (new state law) but cannot bring it into work.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

NC1760 Likes This 
Old 10-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Most big corporations have the same policy. I am allowed to store a handgun in my vehicle (new state law) but cannot bring it into work.
...and just between us friends here at the forum, my work place has a sticker on the door prohibiting firearms also. I ignore it and stay discrete. If a situation arises I seriously doubt a sticker is going to help me survive and allow me to go back home safe to my family that evening.

I get the feeling this guy still wouldn't have done anything differently ....except probably NOT have reported it to corporate headquarters.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #6

Default ..and in related news;

The stupid is SPREADING folks;
Wal-Mart worker: Fired for helping assaulted woman
http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20131017&id=17011818
and INFINITY!!!

Old 10-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I know I'm prohibited for carrying in a lot of situations and I do it anyways. I know the consequences and will accept them.

This guy did the same thing. I would suggest in the future he look for pro 2nd business to work for.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6339 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
The stupid is SPREADING folks;
Wal-Mart worker: Fired for helping assaulted woman
http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20131017&id=17011818
and INFINITY!!!
according to walmart ceo's he should have just allowed that woman to be kidnapped raped and her head put in a jar... how was the employee supposed to know it was a family thing?? guess he was supposed to shutup and let someone die.

good job walmart!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

People Like This