Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Little local gun show

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default Little local gun show

One of the local volunteer fire departments is hosting a gun show this weekend. Despite 6" of new snow we got, the place was packed. I was surprised to so many vendors. I went looking for some ammo and some mags for the Springfield Loaded. I figured the $4 entry fee was nothing even if I did not find anything because the fire department needs it.

One guy had some used mags. 7 rounders, but he would not budge from $15 per. USED and ratty looking. I found the exact same Springfield Loaded 1911 I just bought last week. Guy was asking $1000. He told me it was a great price because it was NIB. I don't think he believed me when I told him what I got mine NIB for.

$30 for 50 rounds .45 ACP FMJ....

$35 for 50 rounds .38 Special LRN....

Needless to say, I did not stick around long and I walked out with nothing. I did not see very many people buying anything, but at least the fire department is gonna make some $.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Making a profit is fine, if people will pay the price. By the same token, they shouldn't expect people to bend over.

I hate price gouging!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Profit is not a bad word. I talked to another vendor and he was telling me that most of the guys there buy their stuff for retail and then try to make money from there. That was pretty obvious on some stuff. I can't see how guys can make any money that way. The guy with the Springfield acted like his price was the best ever. I did not have the heart to tell him that the same thing at Bud's is listed for $844. Same package and all. I may go back tomorrow near closing to see if anyone will let go of something for a fair price instead of having to box it up and cart stuff around. Ammo was just outrageous. Better off ordering on-line and paying shipping.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #4

I can understand 15 to maybe 25 percent margins but it sounds like to me is is more close to 85 percent margins. I have to agree that is a bit excessive. I just bought 100 rounds of fmj 45 acp's for $28. 38's run between 18 to 22.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending