a little help.... - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
Oh, consider buying stock in a company that makes Cricket Bats.
I bet you could ruin someones afternoon with a cricket bat.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #72

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

i have the utmost respect for having the need to protect your loved ones, of course you do. but why do you have the feeling that you actually need guns? i feel perfectly safe, and as i've said before, i've never needed a gun (that's not to say that i'll never need one).Why do you fear that someone will break into your house, and try to rob you? has it happened before? (you dont have to answer this if it's personal of course)
It happens everyday.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #73

Quote:

i have the utmost respect for having the need to protect your loved ones, of course you do. but why do you have the feeling that you actually need guns? i feel perfectly safe, and as i've said before, i've never needed a gun (that's not to say that i'll never need one).Why do you fear that someone will break into your house, and try to rob you? has it happened before? (you dont have to answer this if it's personal of course)
It happens everyday.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #74

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
To answer your post. It's to protect us from our government.

We cherish our freedom more than our safety here in America, and call us crazy, but we like it that way.

In fact, were so crazy, we'd rather risk another terrorist attack than have the government look at our emails!

So crazy, we'd rather have a million Benghazi's, than have the government tell us we can't offend Muslims.

So you have your answer. Our constitution defines that we have the inalienable right to own firearms, and well never trade it for safety.

Just like how we allow Nazis and Klansmen the right to speak, we would much rather tolerate that which we don't agree with, than trade it in for security or peace.
im pretty sure americans are one of the most surveilled countries in the world, sorry to say (and that is a serious issue, that we can both agree on) http://rt.com/usa/news/us-surveillance-pen-trap-145/

Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2821 Times on 1400 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
I bet you could ruin someones afternoon with a cricket bat.
True. I ruined several afternoons trying to figure out Cricket. Even with a Brit for a tutor. Thank god there was ale.
To be fair, I had a hell of a time trying to explain our type of Football to that same Brit. Though we both agreed US style football is a hell of a lot more entertaining to the untrained eye.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 12-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #76

Liked 3858 Times on 1863 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Quote:

im pretty sure americans are one of the most surveilled countries in the world, sorry to say (and that is a serious issue, that we can both agree on) http://rt.com/usa/news/us-surveillance-pen-trap-145/
Yeah, well gun ownership is an uphill battle too. We're still trying to fight that crap.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #77

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil View Post
Which brings us back to tyranny in government...which you said isn't an issue in these modern times

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #78

Quote:

Remember when you asked why we feared government tyranny? Well you just answered your own question. Our gov is completely out of control.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #79

Quote:

because our system works. there is only 40-50 murders a year. that's quite good odds for me making it to old age

i guess you are right in being prepared, but if you do intend to use a gun, what would you do if you saw a person in your dark house, where the light is off? would you ask him if he is a robber (and let him shoot you) or would you kill him on sight (risking to shoot a loved one)
The bright flashlight on the end of my guarantees this will never happen.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084

True. I ruined several afternoons trying to figure out Cricket. Even with a Brit for a tutor. Thank god there was ale.
To be fair, I had a hell of a time trying to explain our type of Football to that same Brit. Though we both agreed US style football is a hell of a lot more entertaining to the untrained eye.
I would argue that watching paint dry is more entertaining to the untrained eye than soccer. But that is just the opinion of a small minded American hick