a little help.... - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4690 Times on 2336 Posts
Likes Given: 1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL

Don't forget the great state of Israel where men and women, serve and have fully automatic rifles !
Edit: Ok technically not Europe, but the Middle East, but they are pretty smart too, just like the Swiss.

Most sheeple in Europe don't understand that they have an oppresive expensive Government. Worse yet, many in the US think it's a good idea.
The Israelis carry guns because the last time Jews thought it was a good idea to not own firearms, well, we know what happened.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #62

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

if they had used a bomb, they would have to take more steps to reach their goal. i'm not saying that banning guns is the perfect solution, but im saying, that causing a massacre would be harder
Anyone determined to do harm will do so. Look how much effort the 9/11 terrorists put into their attack. They weren't deterred by the complexity. I would argue that the death toll would have been much worse (despite how hard it was to pull off) if the columbine punks had used explosives.

Refer to Mosins post, he is more articulate and on his toes than I am today

Last edited by magnumman; 12-04-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #63

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil View Post
because our system works. there is only 40-50 murders a year. that's quite good odds for me making it to old age

i guess you are right in being prepared, but if you do intend to use a gun, what would you do if you saw a person in your dark house, where the light is off? would you ask him if he is a robber (and let him shoot you) or would you kill him on sight (risking to shoot a loved one)
Your whole country is no bigger than the state of Indiana

We have 312,000,000 people, you have 6 million.

Your murder rate is low...I'll give you that. However, with your 16,621 square miles compared to 3,794,083 square miles...it's whole different animal here.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman

Anyone determined to do harm will do so. Look how much effort the 9/11 terrorists put into their attack. They weren't deterred by the complexity. I would argue that the death toll would have been much worse (despite how hard it was to pull off) if the columbine punks had used explosives.

Refer to Mosins post, he is more articulate and on his toes than I am today
Most gun free place in the country, an airplane! Look what that caused!...
Lmao! Those gun free prisons are a bastion of safety.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #65

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin

Most gun free place in the country, an airplane! Look what that caused!...
Lmao! Those gun free prisons are a bastion of safety.
Hahaha. Thanks man. I just spit coffee on the company laptop

Old 12-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #66

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Here is an excellent article by Massad Ayoob. Massad Ayoob is a experienced firearms instructor and popular writer. Many FTF members almost quote his writings when they answer questions on self defense. I think he can explain why we need guns better than I can.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/ayoob45a.html

Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #67

To answer your post. It's to protect us from our government.

We cherish our freedom more than our safety here in America, and call us crazy, but we like it that way.

In fact, were so crazy, we'd rather risk another terrorist attack than have the government look at our emails!

So crazy, we'd rather have a million Benghazi's, than have the government tell us we can't offend Muslims.

So you have your answer. Our constitution defines that we have the inalienable right to own firearms, and well never trade it for safety.

Just like how we allow Nazis and Klansmen the right to speak, we would much rather tolerate that which we don't agree with, than trade it in for security or peace.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #68

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil View Post
because our system works. there is only 40-50 murders a year. that's quite good odds for me making it to old age

i guess you are right in being prepared, but if you do intend to use a gun, what would you do if you saw a person in your dark house, where the light is off? would you ask him if he is a robber (and let him shoot you) or would you kill him on sight (risking to shoot a loved one)
I can identify my loved ones in the dark. Since Edison invented the light bulb it's difficult to find a home that is totally dark. There is a night light on or security light outside that shines in the house. Even if there is a full moon I can see inside my home without any lights. I guess you are grasping for straws.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #69

Likes Given: 5

Standing in front of the computor screen clapping. Hell of a good Job Sir!
"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Old 12-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #70

Liked 3232 Times on 1621 Posts
Likes Given: 423

So, apparently last year's riots in the UK taught nothing to anyone in the rest of Europe? Europe is by no means immune to civil unrest. There were very few armed Brits due to the "civilized" nature of their gun laws. So many were left trying to fight off roaming mobs of angry thugs with Cricket bats. Those who actually had shotguns available to them were probably in violation of the law as soon as they loaded them without being at an "Approved Shooting facility." Paris had mass rioting of "Immigrant Youth" (i.e. Angry Muslims) a couple years back. Greece is imploding, Spain, Italy, Portugal; all places with serious financial problems and large populations of people on the dole. Anyone really think that "austerity measures" will come on board without any more problems? The EU is a financial disaster that is slowly collapsing. Does anyone believe that Denmark, Belgium, France, Germany or the rest of Europe will have no civil unrest as the Euro zone implodes? If so, I got a bridge I can sell you. Oh, consider buying stock in a company that makes Cricket Bats.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Newest Threads