a little help.... - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3096 Times on 1552 Posts
Likes Given: 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil View Post
i have the utmost respect for having the need to protect your loved ones, of course you do. but why do you have the feeling that you actually need guns? i feel perfectly safe, and as i've said before, i've never needed a gun (that's not to say that i'll never need one). Why do you fear that someone will break into your house, and try to rob you? has it happened before? (you dont have to answer this if it's personal of course)
What you feel is the illusion of safety. A nice mugging or burglary will disavow you of that feeling.
We have a saying over here in the uncivilized USA: "You don't need a gun until you need one badly."
As for the home invasion: I fear it a lot less than I would if I were unarmed.
Do you not think it wise to have the means to fight back against someone who means you harm?
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Last edited by Overkill0084; 12-04-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #52

Liked 4536 Times on 2259 Posts
Likes Given: 1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

i have the utmost respect for having the need to protect your loved ones, of course you do. but why do you have the feeling that you actually need guns? i feel perfectly safe, and as i've said before, i've never needed a gun (that's not to say that i'll never need one).Why do you fear that someone will break into your house, and try to rob you? has it happened before? (you dont have to answer this if it's personal of course)
Butchers knife. Heart and left lung. September 19, 1999.
image-3701269421.jpg   image-2016118528.jpg  

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #53

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Bowling for Colombine is persuasive only because of it's riddled with deception and uses it as a tool for persuasion. It's manipulation is derived from extensive editing of quotes...Moore's trademark for taking all things out of context. Example; Moore takes audio from 7 sentences Charleston Heston speech and from 5 different sections splices them together, injects video for effect and creates a new speech.

The tragedy at Columbine High School isn't about guns. It's about the cost of freedom and the United States diverse culture. It's about drugs and spoiled children. It's about bad parenting. It may also be religion and morals.

The Breivik killings of 85+ young people in Norway shows all country's are vulnerable to misguided and evil people...even in your neck of the woods.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #54

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
It has never happened to me but it happens all over the world on a daily basis. I am simply prepared. Why do you feel the need for a cop to protect you?
because our system works. there is only 40-50 murders a year. that's quite good odds for me making it to old age

i guess you are right in being prepared, but if you do intend to use a gun, what would you do if you saw a person in your dark house, where the light is off? would you ask him if he is a robber (and let him shoot you) or would you kill him on sight (risking to shoot a loved one)

Old 12-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #55

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:

because our system works. there is only 40-50 murders a year. that's quite good odds for me making it to old age

i guess you are right in being prepared, but if you do intend to use a gun, what would you do if you saw a person in your dark house, where the light is off? would you ask him if he is a robber (and let him shoot you) or would you kill him on sight (risking to shoot a loved one)
I would shine the bright azz flashlight attached to my pistol in his eyes. If it happened to be a stranger with a weapon. Damn right I would put him down.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #56

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Bowling for Colombine is persuasive only because of it's riddled with deception and uses it as a tool for persuasion. It's manipulation is derived from extensive editing of quotes...Moore's trademark for taking all things out of context. Example; Moore takes audio from 7 sentences Charleston Heston speech and from 5 different sections splices them together, injects video for effect and creates a new speech.

The tragedy at Columbine High School isn't about guns. It's about the cost of freedom and the United States diverse culture. It's about drugs and spoiled children. It's about bad parenting. It may also be religion and morals.

The Breivik killings of 85+ young people in Norway shows all country's are vulnerable to misguided and evil people...even in your neck of the woods.
i couldn't agree more. Moore is very subjective when making a documentary, and if you are an american, i can certainly see why you wouldn't like him. and yes, you are right about breivik, it was a terrible incident, that probably couldn't be avoided. all it takes is one deranged lunatic, and that is it. of course the colombine shooting was of much more than just guns, but the easy availability did have a saying.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #57
For unto us a child is born..
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1895 Times on 1051 Posts
Likes Given: 5703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Why is it the Swiss are the only ones to have figured it out?
Don't forget the great state of Israel where men and women, serve and have fully automatic rifles !
Edit: Ok technically not Europe, but the Middle East, but they are pretty smart too, just like the Swiss.

Most sheeple in Europe don't understand that they have an oppresive expensive Government. Worse yet, many in the US think it's a good idea.

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL

Last edited by KG7IL; 12-04-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #58

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:

i couldn't agree more. Moore is very subjective when making a documentary, and if you are an american, i can certainly see why you wouldn't like him. and yes, you are right about breivik, it was a terrible incident, that probably couldn't be avoided. all it takes is one deranged lunatic, and that is it. of course the colombine shooting was of much more than just guns, but the easy availability did have a saying.
What if they used a bomb? Then what would the argument be? The easy access to fertilizer? I think not

Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #59

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
What if they used a bomb? Then what would the argument be? The easy access to fertilizer? I think not
if they had used a bomb, they would have to take more steps to reach their goal. i'm not saying that banning guns is the perfect solution, but im saying, that causing a massacre would be harder

Old 12-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #60

Liked 4536 Times on 2259 Posts
Likes Given: 1021

Quote:

You mean the assault weapons ban that was in place when Columbine happened? Or are you referring to the laws that don't allow people under 18 to buy firearms like they did?
Or the laws that don't allow shortening shotgun lengths, like they did?
Or the laws that don't allow guns on school like they broke?
Or how about the laws against manufacturing explosives like Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold did?

Those 2 were on a mission and no law and no lack of guns would have stopped them. Had there been zero guns, they in all likelihood, would have crashed a truck loaded with explosives through the cafeteria, killing even more people.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.