a little help.... - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I know you're young, and of a different mindset than Americans. I won't fault you for that. But as you get older (or as you start to look), you'll realize what is fear mongering, and who is doing it. Hopefully you'll ask yourself why. Why do people want us disarmed? Who are they? What is their real agenda?

They don't allow hyping of car accidents. That would make people afraid to drive. They don't hype doctor mistakes, that would make people afraid of doctors. They always point to how safe flying is. They never hype flu and common disease deaths, that would cause panick, and disrupt the economy.
So out of all these things that kill (all except flying I mentioned), kill more people than firearms, yearly.
So why is every shooting suddenly national news?... Why do those people want you to fear firearms?
because a cars purpose is not to kill, it is to transport one from point A to point B, a doctors main purpose is to cure, not hurt.
people are wondering about why one would own a gun, because it's clearly a weapon. a mass shooting is only justifying those wondering, as a weapon is meant for killing, nothing else

Old 12-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #42

Liked 4134 Times on 2024 Posts
Likes Given: 800

Giving up your gun is trusting your fellow man.

image-1188455631.jpg  

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #43

Liked 4134 Times on 2024 Posts
Likes Given: 800

Holding on to your gun is trusting yourself.

image-3265145431.jpg  

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #44

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
I can tell you this as a former firefighter. Yes the police will come. But I can not tell you how many bodies I put in the back of an ambulance bc they did not get there In time. Your safety and well being is not something to put in someone elts hands. On average from the time you call to the time a police officer gets on seen is 5-10 minuets if all goes right. Do you know what can happen to you in 5 min? It takes me 2 seconds at most to identify a threat draw my weapon and put 2-3 rounds on target. It takes me longer to get my phone out my pocket. How is my gun going to hurt a loved one? In all the 100's of years guns have ben around they have never hurt one single person. I will turn In every gun I own if you can tell me one time someone loaded a gun put it on a table walked away and it shot someone.

If you make it illegal to own a firearm there will be more killing. The reason more people don't get robed, raped, killed, beat, ext.... Is because the attended victim may have a gun and most bad people in the world do not wont to take that chance.

Here in America we do have places you can not own a gun. Chicago is one of them. (11 people were murdered there this morning in less than 4 hours) I bet they wish they had a gun now.
again, i don't know why Chicago has a high murder rate, but i can tell you this. in denmark, you can't carry a knife over 7 cm, and certainly not a gun, and the murder rate has been stable at 40-50 pr year, since the fifties. we have an extremely strict gun control, and granted, a person who wants a gun, will get it, but that isn't the majority of people. i don't know anyone who actually has had the need for a gun, in any given event.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #45

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I own guns to protect myself and my family. I pray that they never have to be used to kill but if that were the case, it would only be because there was no other option besides burying my wife or son, or them burying me.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #46

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Holding on to your gun is trusting yourself.
that doesn't mean that your neighbor trust you. im young, and of course i'm sometimes fascinated by guns, sure, i would like to fire one, and at a closed course, it would most certainly be quite fun, but i would like to keep it at that. an argument i have heard often is that nearly every legal gun owner, is a responsible one. what if that responsible person got a mental breakdown, or his son got hold of the gun?

Old 12-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2950 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil View Post
as i said in the beginning, i had no intentions of being disrespectful. do not say that i dont deserve liberty, simply because i do not agree with your values, we were raised with different ones. i am a strong believer in freedom to speech, but my values does not include a gun. my country is not founded on a liberation from a tyrannical government, which probably is partially the reason that we don't quite agree on this subject. why do you believe that giving up your gun, is giving up your freedom? To me, giving up your gun is a sign of trust in your fellow man.
You might want to take a closer look at your "fellow man." I trust that 95% of the people around mean me me no direct harm. Unfortunately that 95% is very likely composed of a surprisingly large percentage of people who wouldn't stop to piss on you if you were on fire. The remaining 5% is where most of society's true scoundrels reside. Be they politicians, or other types of criminals, you'd best account for them. Ignore them at your peril.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #48

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
I own guns to protect myself and my family. I pray that they never have to be used to kill but if that were the case, it would only be because there was no other option besides burying my wife or son, or them burying me.
i have the utmost respect for having the need to protect your loved ones, of course you do. but why do you have the feeling that you actually need guns? i feel perfectly safe, and as i've said before, i've never needed a gun (that's not to say that i'll never need one).Why do you fear that someone will break into your house, and try to rob you? has it happened before? (you dont have to answer this if it's personal of course)

Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

that doesn't mean that your neighbor trust you. im young, and of course i'm sometimes fascinated by guns, sure, i would like to fire one, and at a closed course, it would most certainly be quite fun, but i would like to keep it at that. an argument i have heard often is that nearly every legal gun owner, is a responsible one. what if that responsible person got a mental breakdown, or his son got hold of the gun?
A responsible gun owner takes precautions to make sure that children do not have access to their guns, and that they understand firearm safety. I trust my neighbor but not because I know he is unarmed.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

i have the utmost respect for having the need to protect your loved ones, of course you do. but why do you have the feeling that you actually need guns? i feel perfectly safe, and as i've said before, i've never needed a gun (that's not to say that i'll never need one).Why do you fear that someone will break into your house, and try to rob you? has it happened before? (you dont have to answer this if it's personal of course)
It has never happened to me but it happens all over the world on a daily basis. I am simply prepared. Why do you feel the need for a cop to protect you?