Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #251
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3678 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

That article was the most biased, lie filled piece of crap I've read in a long time.

To imply that I only have fractions if a second to defend myself if someone breaks in? LIE. Millions of people a year defend themselves and they have time to do so.

I was stabbed in my heart. The unarmed battle happened on the most trafficked street downtown Charleston, and the cops never showed up until AFTER the ambulance came for me. That fight lasted probably 5-10 minutes.

I could dig up many OTHER statistics and studies that show the exact opposite of what the author says. But I'm on my phone right now.

Ugh. I'll get to my computer and dissect that piece of crap story if someone here doesn't beat me to it.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #252

Liked 292 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil
i know, i was talking about the pro gun control politicians, having armed bodyguards
I know you was talking about the anti gun politicians. But I don't know if you knew who Robert was.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #253

And if us gun owners can't react to a threat becsusr there's 'not enough time!!!!'... Then how in the hell do these people think a bodyguard is going to save them from an attack!? Lol, is there a super ninja training seminar they attend that I cant?

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

damn, thank you, that was usefull. oh by the way, i forgot to write the article down, here it is http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zaman-stanizai/gun-culture-modern-society_b_1703860.html

i need to get some sleep, have a very nice day/ night everyone
There is so many things wrong with this I dont know ware to start.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #255

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15

There is so many things wrong with this I dont know ware to start.
I am going to let mosin take this one. He is already off to a good start on this. But the lesson to be learned is that in order to make a case against the second amendment lies are required. I am sure that the author of this piece believes that he will change minds, but those are only the minds of the ignorant and uninformed.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #256

I'm still wondering how I only have a fraction of a second to defend myself from an intruder?
Is The Predator breaking into homes?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
And if us gun owners can't react to a threat becsusr there's 'not enough time!!!!'... Then how in the hell do these people think a bodyguard is going to save them from an attack!? Lol, is there a super ninja training seminar they attend that I cant?
Also if they can't pull a gun and pull a trigger fast enof then how do the cops get there fast enof? They must all drive star ships.

Notice the speed and reaction.
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/GMlZNE8Jau4

Sent from my iPhone

Old 12-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #258

Why don't you guys post those clips of 911 calls, where you can hear the victim on the phone, scared talking to the operator for police, then shoots the intruder. No fraction of a second there...

Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #259

You see Emil... That article infuriated us. I am so mad at that author I could flip a table. But no one is going to get shot, and my guns are still in the safe...

Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #260

Tell me what you thank about this. Lets say your gun has a rate of fire of 400 rounds a min. I thank we can all agree that most do (as far as hand guns and the "high caliber" AR which is in most cases a .22) at 400 rounds a min that would be 13.33 rounds a second. In a fraction of a second (1/4) that would be 1.66 rounds in 1/4 of a second. Don't believe it do the math yourself. Humm I thank I've got enuf time.

Newest Threads