a little help.... - Page 25
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #241
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4543 Times on 2262 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

I'm an engineer. You trust me to sail a ship into Danish waters, and not open a valve and dump a million gallons of oil in your waters... But with a gun, I'm suddenly not trustworthy?

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #242

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Bill Clinton passed the assault weapons ban in the 90s, he lost the House and the Senate in the next election, and is quoted as saying that the assault weapons ban was a large reason for that.
There are many democrats who are 2nd amendment supporters, we call them 'Blue Dog Democrats'.

What we hate are the anti gun politicians and media types who have ARMED security guards. Well, we can't afford armed security guards, so that's very hypocritical.
They're acknowledging that guns are needed for self defense, they just think they're above us, 'common man', and need privileges we shouldn't get.
Look at Robert Deniro... Anti gun, but gasp! He has a license to carry a gun in New York! Why is his life more important than mine???
good point, hadn't thought of it that way. would be weird to see Obama fight off an assassination attempt with his own rifle though

but that is actually a good point, as a politician, you should always follow you own politics

Old 12-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #243

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Emil,

Many will have there own opinion on exactly what the American Gun Culture is.

For me, it boils down to LIBERTY.

You see, and armed citizen with the vote is the master and the elected official is the subordinate...at least that is what our founders intended.

And unarmed population, voting or not, is the subordinate and the government official is the master.

Americans exist in a reality that allows us to throw leaders out of office if they fail us.

Western Europe "technically" exists is the same reality however. Western Europeans no longer posses the means to take liberty by force when it becomes necessary to do so.

Notice I said "when it becomes necessary" not if...the EU's combined economies are in worse shape that ours and every single human historical event that has led to strive has ALWAYS ended in war and oppression.

You see, we Amerians gladly accept the responsibilities and dangers of living in a trully free society where our ability to defend our lives and property from any threat is not impeeded by government. We believe, and history has proven, that government, not random violence, is the biggest threat we face. For these reasons, we would never sacrifice our liberty for anyones promise of safety because we know that only a fool accepts a fools promise. We know our government is to corrupt and incompetent to effectively prohibit anything. We know that when seconds count, help is but minutes away. But most importantly, we know that no amount of "first responders" will ever equal the efficiency and motivation of an "immediate responder".

Please look up the Aurora Colorado Theatre Massacre and ask yourself...had you been in that theatre...would rather be unarmed, hugging the concrete floor, and praying the gunman ran out bullets before he found you...OR would you rather of had your own gun and sufficient training to stop the threat?

The biggest difference I see between the American Gun Culture and the rest of the world is RESPONSIBILITY. We accept responsibility for our safety and liberty. You have surrendered this responsibility to your leaders and entrusted THEM with it's safekeeping.

In short, your country and the entire EU has decided to let the Wolf guard the hen house because guarding it yourself is simply too much work.

I hope it works out for you bit unfortunately history has proven time and time again that it won't.

Tack

Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #244
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil View Post
oh alright. am i wrong if i say that gun control hasn't been discussed much during the election? it's kinda a touchy subject, which politicians are careful not to touch?
It came up in one of the debates. Obama did come out and say he wanted to do another AWB. Romney said he wouldn't, even know he has in the past.
Some politicians try to keep their views on guns secret until it's time to start making laws, and others come out and say they want to ban all guns. Whats funny, and sad at the same time is that a lot of them don't even know half of what they are trying to ban. Take this for example.

In case your wondering, a barrel shroud is a heat sheild. Its purpose is to protect the users hand from being burned by the barrel. It in no way effects how the weapon functions, and in no way would prevent crime.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #245

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
Bill Clinton passed the assault weapons ban in the 90s, he lost the House and the Senate in the next election, and is quoted as saying that the assault weapons ban was a large reason for that.
There are many democrats who are 2nd amendment supporters, we call them 'Blue Dog Democrats'.

What we hate are the anti gun politicians and media types who have ARMED security guards. Well, we can't afford armed security guards, so that's very hypocritical.
They're acknowledging that guns are needed for self defense, they just think they're above us, 'common man', and need privileges we shouldn't get.
Look at Robert Deniro... Anti gun, but gasp! He has a license to carry a gun in New York! Why is his life more important than mine???
Don't for get about Rosie o'donnell. Who asked the mayor of New York if her body guard could carry a gun. And Donne trotter who is an anti gun state senator who was arrested 5 days ago for trying to get a gun on a aircraft. And we can't forget about senator R.C soles who shot a man in the back of the leg as he was running away.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
I'm an engineer. You trust me to sail a ship into Danish waters, and not open a valve and dump a million gallons of oil in your waters... But with a gun, I'm suddenly not trustworthy?
Who you work for? I do the same thing.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

good point, hadn't thought of it that way. would be weird to see Obama fight off an assassination attempt with his own rifle though

but that is actually a good point, as a politician, you should always follow you own politics
Robert deniro is not a politician. He is a actor.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #248
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6947 Times on 3493 Posts
Likes Given: 7561

i am to firstly describe the differences in Obama/ romeys view on strengthening gun control, and at the same time talk about americans view on gun control (that's you guys). Im not all that sure either has Publicly vocalized a strong opinion either way in the last 4 years, both do have a past that shows they support some version of Gun Control, Obama has a very strong crowd of staunch advocates in the Democrat Party, Romney has very little support from his own party. Both have actually avoided any discussion that would clearly define one as different than the other.

Strangely, Americans dont have a single viewpoint on the Second Amendment or gun control. We also have a very divided nation politically at this time and yet the gun debate is not necessarily drawn squarely on party lines, more to do with lifestyles and locality than party or citizenry.

i am then to analyze this article, and discuss wether america has it's own "special" gun culture (apart from canada for example, i guess)

Not a special gun culture, a completely new type of nation, not built by old presumptions of Father knows best. We were founded purposely on principles that could defy the urge to control the population by empowering them with everything needed to repel any ruling party, Dictatorships, Monarchy or other Imperialistic or subservient rule. It was a hard fought victory and many patriots lost their lives to secure those freedoms. Free Speech being our primary means of discourse was worthless without a method to ensure it couldnt be silenced by the rules of Man. Thats why our second amendment was the right to bear Arms. Our insurance policy that would always guarantee the First Amendment would be preserved for every coming generation, guns arent our most valuable rights, just the means to keep those other rights that some would minimize or eliminate

finally, im going to discuss why it is so hard for politicians to strengthen the gun control (thats you again) Politicians have a hard time strengthening gun control because it it illegal to do so, we have a right to unfettered access (Not sure how that translates but here it means they have no right to control our access to Arms). The only way they get away with doing it is to create loopholes then fill them with illegitimate laws. For instance, We hate the term Assault weapon on this board because there is no such thing as one! Its a monster created to scare the wits out of people by painting a picture that doesnt exist in real life.

at least that's the rough translation

Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #249

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Robert deniro is not a politician. He is a actor.
i know, i was talking about the pro gun control politicians, having armed bodyguards

Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #250

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
i am to firstly describe the differences in Obama/ romeys view on strengthening gun control, and at the same time talk about americans view on gun control (that's you guys). Im not all that sure either has Publicly vocalized a strong opinion either way in the last 4 years, both do have a past that shows they support some version of Gun Control, Obama has a very strong crowd of staunch advocates in the Democrat Party, Romney has very little support from his own party. Both have actually avoided any discussion that would clearly define one as different than the other.

Strangely, Americans dont have a single viewpoint on the Second Amendment or gun control. We also have a very divided nation politically at this time and yet the gun debate is not necessarily drawn squarely on party lines, more to do with lifestyles and locality than party or citizenry.

i am then to analyze this article, and discuss wether america has it's own "special" gun culture (apart from canada for example, i guess)

Not a special gun culture, a completely new type of nation, not built by old presumptions of Father knows best. We were founded purposely on principles that could defy the urge to control the population by empowering them with everything needed to repel any ruling party, Dictatorships, Monarchy or other Imperialistic or subservient rule. It was a hard fought victory and many patriots lost their lives to secure those freedoms. Free Speech being our primary means of discourse was worthless without a method to ensure it couldnt be silenced by the rules of Man. Thats why our second amendment was the right to bear Arms. Our insurance policy that would always guarantee the First Amendment would be preserved for every coming generation, guns arent our most valuable rights, just the means to keep those other rights that some would minimize or eliminate

finally, im going to discuss why it is so hard for politicians to strengthen the gun control (thats you again) Politicians have a hard time strengthening gun control because it it illegal to do so, we have a right to unfettered access (Not sure how that translates but here it means they have no right to control our access to Arms). The only way they get away with doing it is to create loopholes then fill them with illegitimate laws. For instance, We hate the term Assault weapon on this board because there is no such thing as one! Its a monster created to scare the wits out of people by painting a picture that doesnt exist in real life.

at least that's the rough translation
damn, thank you, that was usefull. oh by the way, i forgot to write the article down, here it is http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zaman-stanizai/gun-culture-modern-society_b_1703860.html

i need to get some sleep, have a very nice day/ night everyone