Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #231
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
No problem. I look forward to reading you report.
if you are interested, i have just gotten my report requirements

i am to firstly describe the differences in Obama/ romeys view on strengthening gun control, and at the same time talk about americans view on gun control (that's you guys).

i am then to analyze this article, and discuss wether america has it's own "special" gun culture (apart from canada for example, i guess)

finally, im going to discuss why it is so hard for politicians to strengthen the gun control (thats you again)


at least that's the rough translation
__________________
emil is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #232
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,355
Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default

Strengthening gun control in America would be like strengthening control over your rights to speech in Denmark, because saying what you want could offend Muslims and hurt people. After all, one could argue, any sane person could 'snap' and call Mohammed a goat licker. Or draw a picture of him!

I hope you watched that penn and teller clip I posted in this thread, about gun control. It's on YouTube and they did an outstanding job.

__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #233
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Strengthening gun control in America would be like strengthening control over your rights to speech in Denmark, because saying what you want could offend Muslims and hurt people. After all, one could argue, any sane person could 'snap' and call Mohammed a goat licker. Or draw a picture of him!

I hope you watched that penn and teller clip I posted in this thread, about gun control. It's on YouTube and they did an outstanding job.
that's true, i wouldn't want that either. and yes, thank you for that, it was very informative, i might include it in my report
__________________
emil is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #234
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil View Post
if you are interested, i have just gotten my report requirements

i am to firstly describe the differences in Obama/ romeys view on strengthening gun control, and at the same time talk about americans view on gun control (that's you guys).

i am then to analyze this article, and discuss wether america has it's own "special" gun culture (apart from canada for example, i guess)

finally, im going to discuss why it is so hard for politicians to strengthen the gun control (thats you again)


at least that's the rough translation
Sounds good. As far as Romney vs Obama, they have similar beliefs as far as guns go. Obama wants to force another Assult Weapon Ban (which does not actually ban assult weapons because a semi auto gun is not an assult weapon) on the American public despite the fact that the last one proved that an AWB does not decrease crime. Romney did impose a AWB in his state awhile back. He said he wouldn't impose any gun control on America if he was elected, but I wouldn't trust him to keep his word.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #235
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bsdavis4296's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 137
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

oh, but i was talking about the anti gun people, what do you call them
Target practice.
__________________
bsdavis4296 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #236
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bsdavis4296's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 137
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Sounds good. As far as Romney vs Obama, they have similar beliefs as far as guns go. Obama wants to force another Assult Weapon Ban (which does not actually ban assult weapons because a semi auto gun is not an assult weapon) on the American public despite the fact that the last one proved that an AWB does not decrease crime. Romney did impose a AWB in his state awhile back. He said he wouldn't impose any gun control on America if he was elected, but I wouldn't trust him to keep his word.
I don't trust Romney at all.... At least when Barack screws something up, we know it ahead of time!
;-)
__________________
bsdavis4296 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #237
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Sounds good. As far as Romney vs Obama, they have similar beliefs as far as guns go. Obama wants to force another Assult Weapon Ban (which does not actually ban assult weapons because a semi auto gun is not an assult weapon) on the American public despite the fact that the last one proved that an AWB does not decrease crime. Romney did impose a AWB in his state awhile back. He said he wouldn't impose any gun control on America if he was elected, but I wouldn't trust him to keep his word.
oh alright. am i wrong if i say that gun control hasn't been discussed much during the election? it's kinda a touchy subject, which politicians are careful not to touch?
__________________
emil is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #238
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,012
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

hehe, fair enough
And a criminal is a wolf.
__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #239
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,355
Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default

Bill Clinton passed the assault weapons ban in the 90s, he lost the House and the Senate in the next election, and is quoted as saying that the assault weapons ban was a large reason for that.
There are many democrats who are 2nd amendment supporters, we call them 'Blue Dog Democrats'.

What we hate are the anti gun politicians and media types who have ARMED security guards. Well, we can't afford armed security guards, so that's very hypocritical.
They're acknowledging that guns are needed for self defense, they just think they're above us, 'common man', and need privileges we shouldn't get.
Look at Robert Deniro... Anti gun, but gasp! He has a license to carry a gun in New York! Why is his life more important than mine???

__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #240
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bsdavis4296's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 137
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

oh alright. am i wrong if i say that gun control hasn't been discussed much during the election? it's kinda a touchy subject, which politicians are careful not to touch?
Absolutely. No one messes with the people with guns.
__________________
bsdavis4296 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes