a little help.... - Page 22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #211
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin

Hang out here, make some friends, and when you fly to America to visit for the first time, I'm sure you'll find plenty of people here who would house you and show you around for free. I know I would.

Well let you shoot our guns, and I promise you'll have a great time doing it.

I second this.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #212

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil View Post
okay, you may be right in that case. i don't remember where i heard it, but i remember a guy saying something like this. "there are a lot of gun owners in america, and a lot of guns. nearly all of them are responsible, and posses a deep respect for their firearms. but anyone can snap, and kill their family and their neighbors. and i need to defend myself from that man, which is why i own a gun"

what i he was the man that snapped?
Evil things will happen with or with out guns, rape, murder, assault, robbery. Bad people premeditate how they will attach their victims and what they will use; gun, knife, club, bare hands, rock. Once the victims are powerless to defend against a gang or stronger apponent, crime will sky rocket. It happens in all the urban cities with the tightest gun control laws. The laws don't affect the criminals intent, it only affects the ones that are the victims and takes away their power to defend life and liberty.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

People Like This 
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #213
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70 View Post
Evil things will happen with or with out guns, rape, murder, assault, robbery. Bad people premeditate how they will attach their victims and what they will use; gun, knife, club, bare hands, rock. Once the victims are powerless to defend against a gang or stronger apponent, crime will sky rocket. It happens in all the urban cities with the tightest gun control laws. The laws don't affect the criminals intent, it only affects the ones that are the victims and takes away their power to defend life and liberty.
Thats probably the most relevant argument for our 2A. Were thinking, reasoning humans not robots with a cast in stone operating system. Take one option off the table, we will find 4 more just as viable and maybe much more destructive. Governments can limit choices but they still dont have the power to curb creativity, end corruption, terminate treachery or demolish deceit via laws.

Values, Morals and Ethics are the basis for reasoning and reaction. No law will ever trump the internal mechanisms by which we all set as the primary directive for our personal journey in life.

Im a pretty good Carpenter and My tool Chests overflow with general and proprietary tools of all sizes, shapes and uses. It never fails that in the middle of a big project, I realize I dont have the exact tool I wish I had for the task at hand. Im not rich so instead of overnighting a $400 Whachamacallit, I find another way to get it done and in nearly 100% of the cases, it gets done.

Check out one of my mentors below, Rube Goldberg. He didnt go to Radio Shack for his solutions, he went deep into his own Grey Matter and dreamed up solutions for everything, even if their wasnt a problem associated with it to begin with!

http://www.rubegoldberg.com/

If I wanted to be a pretty good murderer, the same common sense applies. "Boy I wish I had a Shotgun to take out that group of asshats but my Chevy will do the job just as well!"

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 12-06-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #214

Liked 4784 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdavis4296 View Post
Understanding all of ^^THIS^^ and recognizing that currently 47% of Americans pay ZERO income tax with millions living off of social services due to the entitlement mentality our liberal politicians have created AND recognizing that engaging in illicit activities like the sale of drugs, illegal guns, and prostitution MEANS that US demand for Mexican drugs and the violence that comes with them WILL NEVER GO AWAY.

If we fixed this, our debt would vanish, almost overnight.
Bingo...

I personally know people in the construction trades that I've tried to hire who are simply not interested in returning to work until the 99 weeks of unemployment runs out.

One guy actually asked if I'd still need him come February because that's when his bennifits would cut off.

Needless to say, I've not kept his resume.

Tack
Old 12-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Bingo...

I personally know people in the construction trades that I've tried to hire who are simply not interested in returning to work until the 99 weeks of unemployment runs out.

One guy actually asked if I'd still need him come February because that's when his bennifits would cut off.

Needless to say, I've not kept his resume.

Tack
I'm all for welfare, when done correctly. You should have to be drug tested monthly, should have to have a felony-free record, show proof of that individuals searching for work, and shouldn't be allowed the purchase of alcohol, tobacco, or anything that is hazardous to health.

In top of this, it should only last for 84 days, unless proof of hardship is given. And it should better be DANG good proof.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdavis4296

I'm all for welfare, when done correctly. You should have to be drug tested monthly, should have to have a felony-free record, show proof of that individuals searching for work, and shouldn't be allowed the purchase of alcohol, tobacco, or anything that is hazardous to health.

In top of this, it should only last for 84 days, unless proof of hardship is given. And it should better be DANG good proof.
I'll start a thread on economy for those interested in this, but otherwise, let's try to get back to Emil's question.

What is your opinion on firearms Emil?

Old 12-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #217

Thread is titled "How to fix the economy" in The Club House.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #218

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdavis4296 View Post
I'll start a thread on economy for those interested in this, but otherwise, let's try to get back to Emil's question.

What is your opinion on firearms Emil?
hehe, i'm not sure you should go to denmark, at least i think you'll find out wellfare system crazy (last time i checked, i payed around 40% in taxes, if i remember correctly, and i'm a student with a part time job)

i think my opinions towards weapons have been made clear by now, although i have gotten a broader understanding of it. i still don't want weapons for my own country, as it would be a weird move to go from one extreme to another, over night, but i now understand that it is very different in the states. If you do see it as a sign of freedom, i do understand why you worn't give up your weapons, that does make sense

oh, by the way, as i am writing this as a report, do you know any places where i can get "the other sides" opinion? i'm talking about a forum, like this, but for anti-gun people (they wouldn't have a lot to discuss though). i have found three different ones, but the first one worn't let me register, the second worn't let me post, and the third have for some reason banned me during the registration process... kinda annoying, but i do have to show both standpoints on the subject

Old 12-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #219

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

hehe, i'm not sure you should go to denmark, at least i think you'll find out wellfare system crazy (last time i checked, i payed around 40% in taxes, if i remember correctly, and i'm a student with a part time job)

i think my opinions towards weapons have been made clear by now, although i have gotten a broader understanding of it. i still don't want weapons for my own country, as it would be a weird move to go from one extreme to another, over night, but i now understand that it is very different in the states. If you do see it as a sign of freedom, i do understand why you worn't give up your weapons, that does make sense

oh, by the way, as i am writing this as a report, do you know any places where i can get "the other sides" opinion? i'm talking about a forum, like this, but for anti-gun people (they wouldn't have a lot to discuss though). i have found three different ones, but the first one worn't let me register, the second worn't let me post, and the third have for some reason banned me during the registration process... kinda annoying, but i do have to show both standpoints on the subject
The other side of the argument can be found on msnbc or any other mainstream news outlet

Old 12-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #220

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
The other side of the argument can be found on msnbc or any other mainstream news outlet
thanks.i would just like to get the opinion from "normal" americans (not the media or the president). this is why this forum is so great for this report