Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,355
Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

no of course not, not if it is backed up by proper statistics. we aren't getting censored over here
I think that's what some of the guys thought when you said you would fail. That's why they said your country sucks. Don't take it personally, some stuff just gets lost in translation.
__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #192
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,012
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin

He was responding to my sarcastic post. Maybe my sarcasm was lost in translation. But Emil was saying that if he only presented guns as the most awesome thing in earth, he would fail for not being objective. I agree with that.
Oh ok I get it now.
__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #193
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I think that's what some of the guys thought when you said you would fail. That's why they said your country sucks. Don't take it personally, some stuff just gets lost in translation.
oh, well that would be understandable. free speech is very important (Denmark is quite well known for that). this ain't north corea after all i think everyone should have the right to say whatever they want, whether if i agree with them or not

but thanks for clearing that up
__________________
emil is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #194
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,355
Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default

On that note, I encourage you to hang out here after your project is done.
Check out the engraving section and see some just beautiful works of art.
Read the legal and media section and see citizens defending and saving lives.
Stick around and see us for what we truly are, a bunch of people with the freedom to enjoy a really cool hobby.

Cars kill 54 thousand people in America every year, but for some reason, you don't really see people going into car forums, asking them why they need a car that can go that fast, or threaten to take their cars away!

Hang out here, make some friends, and when you fly to America to visit for the first time, I'm sure you'll find plenty of people here who would house you and show you around for free. I know I would.

Well let you shoot our guns, and I promise you'll have a great time doing it.

I have met lots of people from Brazil to Lithuania, to Uzbekistan, and every one of them I've taken shooting, and they ended up loving it.

__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #195
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
magnumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pa
Posts: 544
Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

oh, well that would be understandable. free speech is very important (Denmark is quite well known for that). this ain't north corea after all i think everyone should have the right to say whatever they want, whether if i agree with them or not

but thanks for clearing that up
I Apologize for the misunderstanding. I also think everyone should have the right o speak freely as well. (and have a gun )
__________________
magnumman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #196
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
On that note, I encourage you to hang out here after your project is done.
Check out the engraving section and see some just beautiful works of art.
Read the legal and media section and see citizens defending and saving lives.
Stick around and see us for what we truly are, a bunch of people with the freedom to enjoy a really cool hobby.

Cars kill 54 thousand people in America every year, but for some reason, you don't really see people going into car forums, asking them why they need a car that can go that fast, or threaten to take their cars away!

Hang out here, make some friends, and when you fly to America to visit for the first time, I'm sure you'll find plenty of people here who would house you and show you around for free. I know I would.

Well let you shoot our guns, and I promise you'll have a great time doing it.

I have met lots of people from Brazil to Lithuania, to Uzbekistan, and every one of them I've taken shooting, and they ended up loving it.
thats one thing i have alway admired by your americans, you seem incredible hospitable. i will one day go to America, so i guess i will stick around here, thank you very much for the advise
__________________
emil is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #197
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
I Apologize for the misunderstanding. I also think everyone should have the right o speak freely as well. (and have a gun )
that's quite alright, we most certainly agree on that point
__________________
emil is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #198
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,355
Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

thats one thing i have alway admired by your americans, you seem incredible hospitable. i will one day go to America, so i guess i will stick around here, thank you very much for the advise
Well then stay out of New York City, or Boston!!!
Those people are jerks!
__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #199
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,012
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

oh, well that would be understandable. free speech is very important (Denmark is quite well known for that). this ain't north corea after all i think everyone should have the right to say whatever they want, whether if i agree with them or not

but thanks for clearing that up
That's exactly what I meant. I don't know much about your government or your rights. I thought that what you was saying was you did not have freedom of speech.
__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #200
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
That's exactly what I meant. I don't know much about your government or your rights. I thought that what you was saying was you did not have freedom of speech.
i don't really want to bring this up, as it has caused a lot of trouble, but do you remember the muhhamed crisis? it had it's origins in Denmark.

that was a question about freedom of speech, which was actually quite interesting.

what i mean is, that i think the publishers were jerks for making those drawings, but i would still protect their right to do so
__________________
emil is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads