Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 82 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
We have a 2nd amendment in America. It's a God given fundamental right that people should be able to defend themselves from other people, and from tyranny.
There were crimes committed in our founders days. Street gangs of orphaned youth plagued man from the Roman days to the streets of Philadelphia in our founders times.
Our founding fathers knew that a time could come that people might have to reject tyranny, and fight back. They acknowledged this by putting the 2nd amendment in stone.

Our founders probably never in their wildest dreams could have imagined Stalins gulags, or Hitlers death camps, but could you imagine, the Jews in 1930 Europe, blessed with the 2nd amendment, and the mindset to fight and die for it?! The war would have been quite different.
Look at what a few thousand Jews in Warsaw managed! They held up the Germans for over a month, mainly with pistols they smuggled.

But it's not only a direct defense that arms provide, it's the constant reminder to our elected officials and our nations enemies, that there are 90 million of us, and we will not go quietly into the good night.
For without a means to enforce our freedom, all other rights become charity, merely blessed upon us by whatever ruler allows us to have.

For some of us, it's how we eat, it's how we defend ourselves and those we care for. It's the embodiment of freedom and rugged individualism that Americans define ourselves as... And as a foreigner, before you think 'Americans', ask yourself, 'what is an American
?'
We're Jews who fled soviet Russia, Jews who fled Nazi occupied Europe. Pioneers and frontiersmen who carved a life out of the wilderness. We're Africans, freed from the bonds of slavery. We're Africans who fled Africa and genocidal campaigns. We're Christian's who fled religious persecution, Muslims who did the same. We're atheists who hid in the shadows throughout history, afraid of persecution. Homosexuals, beaten and killed for our ways. We're native Americans, whose lands were stolen and our people exterminated.
We're Cubans who fled communist oppression under Castro.
We all live here, and but heads quite often over deep, profound beliefs. But at the end if the day, we call ourselves Americans, and we all deeply understand the importance of being Armed, and of relying on ourselves.

Those are the people you will meet here. And if you ever find yourself oppressed by whatever regime again has eyes on dominating Europe, you will be welcome to live here, and arm yourself with not only weapons, but with the knowledge that you have a God given RIGHT to defend yourself.
Damn Mosin that brought a tear to my eye, This needs to be a sticky or maybe even part of a mission statement for this forum.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #12

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

+2 mosin, (one or each post).

Old 12-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #13

Liked 53 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm interested to hear Emil's response to this. Is there going to be one?

Old 12-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #14

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

Holy lort! Mosin, you gave me goose bumps with that speech. That's better than any dribble ever published by the nra. Now, if we can just get that spoken nationally.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 12-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #15

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Thanks guys! It just kind of spilled out, and yes, it brought a tear to my eye, just writing it. It's how I've always felt. I need to edit it a tad when I get to a computer. It's hard on the iPhone.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #16

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarter788
I'm interested to hear Emil's response to this. Is there going to be one?
It depends if that response is the one emil wanted.

Feral cat waterboarder

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 12-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #17

Just look up Simo Hayha. A Finnish sniper who picked off over 500 Russian soldiers when they tried to take Finland. Using an M28 Finnish version of the Mosin Nagant, he crippled the invading Russian forces.

In the end, the Russians said they captured just enough of Finland to bury their dead...

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #18

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

I was going to right a reply to the OP. but after that there is no need.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #19

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

I vote someone sends that to the NRA and try to get them to put it In next months American riflemen.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15
I vote someone sends that to the NRA and try to get them to put it In next months American riflemen.
Well let me edit it before you guys go start doing all that.