a little help.... - Page 19
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #181
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2084 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 753

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Wow. Your country really sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
I think you made a typo. I believe you mean continent
Great example of the stereotype of the ugly American.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 12-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #182

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman

I think you made a typo. I believe you mean continent
Yea that's it.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #183

Liked 4705 Times on 2276 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil View Post
that was a great answer, thank you very much. you make a very valuable argument, when saying that it's mostly from drug wars. this is also the case in my country (recent gang wars between Hells Angels and Bandidos). i've recently made another report about los zetas, in Mexico, and boy, do i NOT want to go there. but mexico is a whole different story, it is struck by extreme poverty, and it is out of control. i sincerely hope that worn't happen to your country, as it would be horrible. but i am pretty sure mexicans are allowed some weapons, so i think it's more a question about their poor economy, than their lack of weapons (the citizens, not the gangs, they have a lot)
On the contrary, Mexican citizens have been effectively disarmed for Decades. Disarmed by a corrupt government that's been "on the take" from the drug cartels for decades.

The last several years, and due to misguided pressure from the US, the Mexican Government has been going after the cartels on a military scale...and loosing badly. The citizens do not know of they can trust the Mexican police and they know for certain that cooperating with the Government will lead to cartel retaliation.

Mexico is fighting a Narco Terror war that it CAN NOT WIN. US demand for Mexican drugs and the proffits they represent means there will ALWAYS be a new snake ready to step up and earn regardless of how many old snakes the Mexican an US Governments manage to kill.

Here is the point...Mexico has prohibited drugs and GUNS for decades yet the only people who are unarmed and defenseless are the citizens...who suffer greatly from murder and rape at the hand of both the cartels and corrupt law enforcement.

Drugs have been banned in the US for over 60 years...but there are few American street corners where a person seeking drugs can not find them.

Prohibition of drugs has not worked
Prohibition of Alchohol did not work
Prohibition of prostitution does not work
Prohibition simply DOES NOT WORK!

...to believe that prohibition of guns would work any better is simply insane. It would only ensure that Law Abiding citizens were disarmed and at the mercy of violent criminals as has already been proven time and time again in every single nation of any size that has abolished civilian gun ownership.

So...you may ask...if gun freedom is truly the safer route, then why is Americas murder rate so much higher than the rest of the western world?

First, as previously stated, you can not compare the population of a tiny nation state lime Denmark with it's small homogeneous population to the extreme land mass, and global melting pot of the 330,000,000.00 people residing in the United States. To reach our numbers and even come close to our border and trafficing issues you'd need to include nearly the entire population of the EU.

Second, most of the EU has accepted existing in police state of complete disarmament, video cameras on every street, and no LEGAL right to self defense.

Assume for a moment that a US ban on Gus would lead to ALL Law Abiding citizens turning in there guns..."which it wouldn't"...but let's just assume it could.

Our Government has been engaged in a war on drugs for 6 decades. Our DEA budget and border states law enforcement budgets exceed the GDP of most of the Earth COUNTRIES! Yet, there's not a street corner in America wher I could not buy illicit drugs if I chose to do so.

...so, if the richest, most powerful law enforcement and military the world has ever seen is both incapable and to incompetent to STOP DRUGS after 60 years of effort? What kind of a FOOL would I need to be to believe that this same Government could stop the illicite trade of guns...if only I would sacrifice my right to own mine?

Understanding all of ^^THIS^^ and recognizing that currently 47% of Americans pay ZERO income tax with millions living off of social services due to the entitlement mentality our liberal politicians have created AND recognizing that engaging in illicit activities like the sale of drugs, illegal guns, and prostitution MEANS that US demand for Mexican drugs and the violence that comes with them WILL NEVER GO AWAY.

If our leaders were trully concerned with our safety they would not be restricting guns, they would be legalizing and taxing drugs.

No where in America do criminal organizations commit murder and bribe officials over a truck load on liquor...why? Because liquor is a legal product...and as such, simply does not allow for the obscene proffits that make horrific crimes worth the possible penalty.

You see Emil...it is possible to reach your mindset growing up where you have at the time you have lived BUT human nature is what it is and despite what your leaders have told you, government CAN NOT legislate away greed, corruption, or vise. They simply strive to convict you otherwise while Tlingit a healthy slice of the "illicit" pie for themselves.

Is it easy and safe to accept what your told? Yes. Is it easy and safe to accept every new restriction upon you liberty? Yes...at least until the political winds change and you find youself the helpless pawn and future victim of a fight you did not choose as our neighbors to the south have learned.

Americans are not British, nor Austrailian. We will never submit by turning in our guns, and our "armed" numbers are sufficient to defeat any force on earth with gorilla tactics "even our own" IF our leaders attempted to subjugate the American people. Though law abiding gun owners are the safest and most responsible of our citizen, It's not about safety and it's certainly not about any fools idea of the greater good.

It is about remaining citizens IN CHARGE of our leaders and our destiny rather than subject existing at the pleasure of a ruling class...as most of Europe has become.

Tack
Old 12-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #184

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

I was kidding. I mean, if you write a report detailing how low the crime involving 'assault weapons' are, how guns are used 2.5 million times a year defensively. How Kennesaw Georgia has little crime and the law requires people be armed.
How in a country of 300 million people with 300 million guns, gun crimes are surprisingly low.
How the most gun restrictive places in America have the highest gun crime rate.
How massacres always happen in gun free zones.
How the British enacted extremely strict gun control policies in the wake if the troubles, and guns made it in from America and libya, rendering their laws obsolete.

I was wondering if you included those in your report, would your professor balk at it?

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #185

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

my country sucks? because of me not being allowed to be overly biased in a schoolreport?

out of all the things you can choose to dislike about Denmark, you choose that

can i ask you why that is such a huge problem? sometimes, objectivity is required to meet a certain level of professionalism
Bc you do not have the right to express your opinion. If you thank guns are good you will fail. That's just not right.

I don't mean your country as a whole sucks. I mean the fact you can't express your opinion sucks.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #186

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I understand that you need to be objective, but you seem to be stating that if you present firearms in a positive light you will be punished with a bad grade. It seems to me that your professor need a lesson In being objective.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #187

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

i do see your point, and you definitely come up with some valuable ones. but what about the, for example, "stand your ground law" where an innocent boy was shot? of course, the majority of legal gun owners, are quite possibly very responsible, and no doubt sane. but what about the guy who has a mental breakdown. you mentioned yourself that you slept with a loaded gun next to your bed. what if you had a son, or a daughter who'd gotten hold of that gun, without the proper knowledge

and about the defending your country part, then there is a lot of situations that can most certainly not be handled by a gun. If a terrorist attack, they worn't do it with a giant army, whey will attack from planes, from computers, or behind a computer. with NATO and UN, you wont just be invaded by the Brits. of course the UN and NATO probably worn't last forever, but at this point of time if does, and having a gigantic number of weapons hold by citizens wouldn't necessarily help them
Woah. Ok.

1) There isn't NEARLY enough evidence to convict Zimmerman.... He was bloodied, bruised, and had a broken nose... Tell me, if he were to shoot Martin on the spot HOW that would happen?

2) Martins father said the aggressor's voice was his son's.

3) There hasn't been a trial yet... It's in 6 months. He's innocent until proven guilty.

4) I'm not by any means a racist, but this is really a story that's been mishandled, and judged by the American media. They try to hype race issues to get better ratings because that gets them money.

I'm not worried about a terrorist, I'm worried about the fallout AFTER a terrorist attack.

You will have people who are raiders, thieves, etc. THOSE are the people that get to meet led. :-)

As for kids, I take all loaded guns, unload, hide mags, lock guns open, and lock them away.

No worries!

As for the dark house scenario, it doesn't work that way... It is bright enough by moonlight to tell what someone is doing, and who that person is at that range. Even so, just having a gun aimed at you should be enough to stop a robbery.

I don't shoot at people that dont deserve to die.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #188

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman
I understand that you need to be objective, but you seem to be stating that if you present firearms in a positive light you will be punished with a bad grade. It seems to me that your professor need a lesson In being objective.
He was responding to my sarcastic post. Maybe my sarcasm was lost in translation. But Emil was saying that if he only presented guns as the most awesome thing in earth, he would fail for not being objective. I agree with that.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #189

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

Great example of the stereotype of the ugly American.
I do not care for the politics of Europe. Much as I don't care for the climate of Antarctica. Am I an "ugly American if I say Antarctica sucks"

Old 12-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #190

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I was kidding. I mean, if you write a report detailing how low the crime involving 'assault weapons' are, how guns are used 2.5 million times a year defensively. How Kennesaw Georgia has little crime and the law requires people be armed.
How in a country of 300 million people with 300 million guns, gun crimes are surprisingly low.
How the most gun restrictive places in America have the highest gun crime rate.
How massacres always happen in gun free zones.
How the British enacted extremely strict gun control policies in the wake if the troubles, and guns made it in from America and libya, rendering their laws obsolete.

I was wondering if you included those in your report, would your professor balk at it?
no of course not, not if it is backed up by proper statistics. we aren't getting censored over here