a little help.... - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #161
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6334 Times on 3163 Posts
Likes Given: 6828

Emil, the most devastating and tragic mass killings that have happened in the USA ever were committed with Box cutters and Jetplanes by folks that shouldnt have even been in the USA.

The Second most deadly attack was committed by a US Army Veteran of Iraq/ US Citizen With a truck, barrels of fertilizer and Kerosene. He had the choice of assault weapon and the training that could ensure success with a machine gun, "Assault Rifle", Dirty Bomb, Chemical Weapon or crap he could buy at a gas station and hardware store!

The Most deadly and tragic mass killing in the history of the world as we know it was conducted by an Armed Government Sponsored Military to a Population that was not allowed to arm or defend themselves and they were exterminated like bugs with no resistance possible. Ive seen Death camps in Germany, saw the gas chambers, furnaces and mass grave sites. All of those came to happen because the arm of the Government became more powerful than the People that granted them temporary custody of their Nation.

Your are blessed in many ways to live in a country where none of that seems to be an issue. It never is a problem until it becomes one and usually by the time you realize your screwed, glued and tattooed, its too late to react.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #162

Liked 4205 Times on 2062 Posts
Likes Given: 829

Don't believe Michael Mooreon. To buy a gun in america, you have a 2 page firm to fill out, then you wait while the store owner calls the FBI, runs a background check on you and approves you.

You don't 'walk into a bank' and pick up your gun.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #163

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Don't believe Michael Mooreon. To buy a gun in america, you have a 2 page firm to fill out, then you wait while the store owner calls the FBI, runs a background check on you and approves you.

You don't 'walk into a bank' and pick up your gun.
okay, so do you know what that story actually was about? it seemed very weird to me

Old 12-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #164

How many mass shootings occur in gun free zones? All of them, basically. You never hear of one at a range, or an NRA convention.

You watched Michael Mooreon,
Watch this.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 12-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

okay, so do you know what that story actually was about? it seemed very weird to me
The bank story?...
Go to Hulu and watch 'Michael Moore Hates America'... It's a documentary debunking Michael Moores lies. It interviews the bank workers. The whole thing was staged for the camera. You cannot legally do what he did in this country, walk into a bank and buy a gun.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #166
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

One more point, Emil. Hollywood movies and TV give the wrong impression that gun violence is common in America. It's not. It's uncommon. I've never seen an incident of gun violence here in the U.S., nor has anyone in my family, and I've lived in 4 states. And I am not a young man. Sure, there is some drug violence in poorer neighborhoods, that goes along with the illegal drug business. But most Americans will never see a robbery or a shoot-out in their lifetime.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #167

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I own a number of guns. I own them for all of the reasons you listed; self-defense, hunting, target shooting, and plinking.
It is fact that the areas of our country with the most restrictive gun laws have the highest crime rates and that in places where gun laws have been eased there has been a drop in crime.
Not only is there a tradition of hunting in this country, but it is a vital tool for wildlife management. Target shooting is a fun pastime, and a good stress reliever. And plinking is just an informal variant of target shooting.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #168

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

i guess i have gotten a distorted picture of it, thank you all for explaining your point of views

Old 12-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #169

I've been around guns my whole life. Bought my first when I turned 18.
I've been stabbed, and buried 7 friends, from car accidents.

The only person I know that was shot, was shot in Iraq.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #170
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2230 Times on 1204 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Emil-

Thanks for taking the time to come get some first hand information on this subject. Here are a few of my comments on the matter.

Tyranny and some people's desire to control others will never leave us. It is the nature of man. We could look at our country today and think, tyranny is not a threat to us. But what about 20 years from now. A country can change tremendously in 20 years. It was not all that long ago in 1941 that Yamamoto said of the United States that it could never be successfully invaded because there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. I like knowing that civilian firearms are a deterrent to foreign tyranny.

And I am not convinced at all that tyranny will not rise from within our country either. The United States is a stable republic right now, but who knows what events could occur in the coming years. The nature of man has not changed. There are always those who could try to take advantage of tragedy and instability to force their will upon others and seize power. That could happen here as it could anywhere else in the world.

As for Michael Moore, he's a propagandist along the same lines as Joseph Goebbels. Don't take anything he says at face value. He will include just enough truth to make it plausible, but most of his works are inherently full of lies.

Many people focus on the tragedies of guns like the 30,000 deaths every year in the US due to gun violence. However, firearms are used over 2,000,000 times each year to save lives. That is the far more important number.

Check out this video:
http://youtu.be/nu5j8C2Hrc0
And besides, guns are fun. It's fun to punch holes in targets at a distance. It's fun to compete against your friends to see who can shoot the best. It's fun to see how many times you can bounce a tin can with a 22.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Last edited by ScottA; 12-05-2012 at 01:13 PM.
texaswoodworker Likes This