a little help.... - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,016
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

This might clear some of it up for you.

(I am not the producer of this video)

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/DApdl3t4Kug

Sent from my iPhone

__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #152
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 5,339
Liked 5980 Times on 2960 Posts
Likes Given: 6347

Default

Emil, so glad you dropped by here, you have asked some very important questions and hopefully gotten answers that both make sense and clarify the confusion others outside of our Nation have about our values and commitment to maintain them at all costs. Actually, the same questions are being asked by our own citizens today and it seems nearly impossible that you might actually have a better understanding at this point than they do but likely thats because you asked questions and didnt just accept a dictate from your government that was established before you were born.

Even here in America, we have divisions forming that put us at odds with our own neighbors inside the borders. Rural dwellers and city slickers often disagree with each other on the need and extent of it. Where I live, 9 out of 10 homes have legal firearms in them, in the city, those stats are only matched by the criminal element, most citizens are unarmed except for an occasional spray bottle of Chili Pepper oil. Undoubtedly, the chances of you being shot on any given day are substantially higher in the areas where only crooks and police officers have guns!

If you lived on the Southwestern border of the USA, you would be subjected to daily incursions of armed and violent Illegal aliens that our government was supposed to stop before they show up in our back yards with drugs and guns. Those with a gun can and do defend themselves, those without the means to defend themselves call the police and pray they wont need the Coroner instead! All too often, by the time the police arrive, the American is found dead in a pool of blood and the invader has robbed, abused, raped and retreated to points unknown.

America isnt about guns and violence; its about freedoms, rights and responsibilities. Because we are such a young nation, we have the valuable commodity of historical retrospect to refer to as our guide to a sustainable future. Any nation that disarms their citizens will sooner or later fail to defend them (like our border with Mexico) or even become the offender (Waco TX and Ruby Ridge) without effective and immediately enforceable checks and balances held by the people.

I dont know all that much about your country but you mention that anyone can lose their mind temporarily (Doesnt matter where your from) and the "what if that happened and they had guns" question is worthy of consideration. Instead of guessing what could happen with guns, Id rather pose the probability that if the crazy person had a book of matches and 5 gallons of Gas, your unarmed lunatic could kill more people in 20 seconds than a sniper with a backpack full of guns and ammo.

I for one would love to read your final report although I think your gonna need to do a translation for us cause the auto bot translators really do not do such a great job of illuminating nuance or other less than finite wording.

__________________
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #153
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,438
Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Default

Your argument seems counter productive, in that you say, not having a gun is trusting your fellow man, then you say that people can snap and shouldn't have arms... Because they can't be trusted.

__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #154
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
magnumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pa
Posts: 544
Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil
but what about the, for example, "stand your ground law" where an innocent boy was shot?
If we are thinking about the same thing here, that "innocent boy" was on the process of beating the mans head into the pavement. If that man hadn't shot him, brain damage or death may have resulted and you would have no idea who either of them are.

Please look up the police photo of George Zimmerman taken by a cop on the night of the shooting and tell me he wasn't defending himself. Never mind, I'll do it for you

image-2577737542.jpg



image-627877024.jpg
__________________
magnumman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #155
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Your argument seems counter productive, in that you say, not having a gun is trusting your fellow man, then you say that people can snap and shouldn't have arms... Because they can't be trusted.
okay, you may be right in that case. i don't remember where i heard it, but i remember a guy saying something like this. "there are a lot of gun owners in america, and a lot of guns. nearly all of them are responsible, and posses a deep respect for their firearms. but anyone can snap, and kill their family and their neighbors. and i need to defend myself from that man, which is why i own a gun"

what i he was the man that snapped?
__________________
emil is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #156
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Emil, so glad you dropped by here, you have asked some very important questions and hopefully gotten answers that both make sense and clarify the confusion others outside of our Nation have about our values and commitment to maintain them at all costs. Actually, the same questions are being asked by our own citizens today and it seems nearly impossible that you might actually have a better understanding at this point than they do but likely thats because you asked questions and didnt just accept a dictate from your government that was established before you were born.

Even here in America, we have divisions forming that put us at odds with our own neighbors inside the borders. Rural dwellers and city slickers often disagree with each other on the need and extent of it. Where I live, 9 out of 10 homes have legal firearms in them, in the city, those stats are only matched by the criminal element, most citizens are unarmed except for an occasional spray bottle of Chili Pepper oil. Undoubtedly, the chances of you being shot on any given day are substantially higher in the areas where only crooks and police officers have guns!

If you lived on the Southwestern border of the USA, you would be subjected to daily incursions of armed and violent Illegal aliens that our government was supposed to stop before they show up in our back yards with drugs and guns. Those with a gun can and do defend themselves, those without the means to defend themselves call the police and pray they wont need the Coroner instead! All too often, by the time the police arrive, the American is found dead in a pool of blood and the invader has robbed, abused, raped and retreated to points unknown.

America isnt about guns and violence; its about freedoms, rights and responsibilities. Because we are such a young nation, we have the valuable commodity of historical retrospect to refer to as our guide to a sustainable future. Any nation that disarms their citizens will sooner or later fail to defend them (like our border with Mexico) or even become the offender (Waco TX and Ruby Ridge) without effective and immediately enforceable checks and balances held by the people.

I dont know all that much about your country but you mention that anyone can lose their mind temporarily (Doesnt matter where your from) and the "what if that happened and they had guns" question is worthy of consideration. Instead of guessing what could happen with guns, Id rather pose the probability that if the crazy person had a book of matches and 5 gallons of Gas, your unarmed lunatic could kill more people in 20 seconds than a sniper with a backpack full of guns and ammo.

I for one would love to read your final report although I think your gonna need to do a translation for us cause the auto bot translators really do not do such a great job of illuminating nuance or other less than finite wording.

that's true, and i do understand the fear that some people live in. but the fact that flaming gazoline is dangerous, simply doesn't erase the dangers of an angry gunman. but i do se your poi nt.

i will definitely post the most important subjects from my report, but since it's 15 pages, it will maybe be a little hard to translate it properly, at least in time :/ i would love for people to read it, i guess i should have chosen the write it in english
__________________
emil is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #157
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,016
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

okay, you may be right in that case. i don't remember where i heard it, but i remember a guy saying something like this. "there are a lot of gun owners in america, and a lot of guns. nearly all of them are responsible, and posses a deep respect for their firearms. but anyone can snap, and kill their family and their neighbors. and i need to defend myself from that man, which is why i own a gun"

what i he was the man that snapped?
So your saying that the only way this could happen is with a gun. The man could not use a bat,knife, shovel,a car, even a pillow to commit the crime????? Then how come not all murders are committed with a gun. They must know magic
__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #158
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
So your saying that the only way this could happen is with a gun. The man could not use a bat,knife, shovel,a car, even a pillow to commit the crime????? Then how come not all murders are committed with a gun. They must know magic
no, that is not what im saying. im pointing out the irony, in saying you need to defend yourself from the angry guy with a gun, by buying a gun yourself. as he himself pointed out, anyone could break down. it is true that it is easy to commit a murder, but it does become even easier, when a gun is available
__________________
emil is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #159
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
magnumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pa
Posts: 544
Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

no, that is not what im saying. im pointing out the irony, in saying you need to defend yourself from the angry guy with a gun, by buying a gun yourself. as he himself pointed out, anyone could break down. it is true that it is easy to commit a murder, but it does become even easier, when a gun is available
And self defense gets much harder when they are not available.
__________________
magnumman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #160
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,016
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Ok here is something we all forgot to mention. (Sense you keep bringing up law abiding people going crazy and killing people) then how come When crimes are committed with a gun the gun is illegally possessed? I can not thank of a single time ware someone who legally owned a gun committed a crime like that.

__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes