Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Please read the blue writhing. ^

We don't trust the Government, because they have given us no reason to trust them. The US Government has betrayed our trust numerous times throughout our history. They continue to do things that is in their best interest, and not the peoples all the time.
For the most part, we trust the police to do whats right, but they don't/can't always protect us. If someone is in your house, chasing you with a knife, the police will come, but it will take them at least a few minutes to get there. By that time, you could be dead, the the criminal could be long gone.
The US Supreme Court has also ruled that the police are NOT obligated to protect individuals, only society as a whole. Of course, most will do whats right and help everyone they can, but there is still that possibility they won't.
As for the firemen, that is kind of irrelevent for this topic. Guns won't put out a fire, and there is not much you can do to put one out without the fire department. because of our right to bear arms.
when you say you don't believe your government, because they betray you, what incident are you talking about? heightening of taxes, to pay for wellfare? if you have an example, that would be great. and i do know that a lot of americans do not believe in the government as America covers a large geographical area, and they can't possibly reach everyone. i didn't know that the police wasn't obligated to protect individuals, that comes to quite a surprise to me, and seems rather weird. oh and about the hacker point, i most certainly do believe that he can help. a determined hacker can crash an economy. granted, he can't kill a dictator (to my knowledge)

Old 12-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #142
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil View Post
when you say you don't believe your government, because they betray you, what incident are you talking about? heightening of taxes, to pay for wellfare? if you have an example, that would be great. and i do know that a lot of americans do not believe in the government as America covers a large geographical area, and they can't possibly reach everyone. i didn't know that the police wasn't obligated to protect individuals, that comes to quite a surprise to me, and seems rather weird. oh and about the hacker point, i most certainly do believe that he can help. a determined hacker can crash an economy. granted, he can't kill a dictator (to my knowledge)
I'll make up a list of things that the Government has done to us. I may not be able to get it posted until tomorrow though. It's getting late here.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #143

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Yes a gun can misfire, if you ignore safety rules, and common sense. (keep you booger hook, off the bang switch).
The people who would resort to murder in an moment of anger are few and far between compared to the rest of us. Besides, if someone wants to kill you,m they'll find a way. Do they carry a pocket knife? That can kill you. Id there a blunt object near by? That can kill you too. They could also just beat you to death with their bare hands. Blame the person, not the tool.
As said before, going crazy, or having a mental break down does not just happen. There are things that lead up to it, and there are warning signs.
I cannot remember ever hearing of someone with a concealed carry license having a mental breakdown and killing someone. Statistics show that people with CCLs are a lot less likely to commit a crime than someone without one. (about 98-99% won't commit a crime. The crimes that are committed by that very small percentage are not always murder)
oh about that, why would you carry a concealed gun? if you carry a gun for self defense, wouldn't it be better to scare the criminal away by saying "i have a huge gun, bugger off"?

Old 12-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #144

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
I'll make up a list of things that the Government has done to us. I may not be able to get it posted until tomorrow though. It's getting late here.
that would be quite nice, and by all means, take your time

have a nice night

Old 12-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #145

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

a gun can misfire, and i'm not talking about law abiding citizens. every law abiding citizen, can have a moment of anger, and do an act of evil which he will later regret. what if he is struck by momentary insanity, caused by a stressful job? everyone can have a mental break down, wether you abide the law, or not
A gun will not fire unless the trigger is pulled or when clambering a round in which case your gun is screwed up and needs to be fixed. Even then it would happen when loading the gun. If someone is carrying then it is already loaded and there is no problem. I do not recall any situation ware a ccl holder has had a mental brake down and shot someone in anger. Not saying it won't happen but it is not likely. The chances of this happening are to low to worry about. The chances of a situation accruing ware I have to use my weapon in SD Is higher than you thank. I for one have had to draw my gun on someone. I did not have to shoot. But it did take the business end of a handgun to stop the act.

Also around this time of year you can't go to Walmart without seeing some kind if confrontation. In my home town the past 5 years we have had the same problem around this time of year. A man runs through the parking lot with a crowbar and hits ladies in the head and stills there purse. 5 years of this and the police still have not got him. The day he runs up on my wife is the day his violent acts end.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #146

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil

have a nice night
I hope you get the chance to come to America. Please look me up when you do. I will take you to some places ware you will wish you had a gun.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #147

Felony for peaceful protest.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeanine-molloff/trespass-bill_b_1328205.html

NDAA. Among other things, it allows the military to hold US citizens indefinitely without the right to a trial, or a lawyer if they are deemed a possible terrorist. Do you know what qualifies you as being a possible terrorist? Having more than 7 days of food, missing fingers, buying flashlights, paying cash at a hotel, texting privately in a public place, own precious metals, own guns and ammo. There are more.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr4310/text

There was a case in which the government tried to take a man's herd of cattle.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/blm-warns-it-will-round-up-rancher-s-cattle-from-public-land-146948495.html

These are just a few of the recent incidents. There is proof that the US tested chemicals on unknowing/unwilling US citizens in the 50s and 60s, and there is a very long list of things the government has done to harm us.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 12-05-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #148

Quote:
oh about that, why would you carry a concealed gun? if you carry a gun for self defense, wouldn't it be better to scare the criminal away by saying "i have a huge gun, bugger off"?
You don't want the criminal to know you have a gun, because then if he attacks someone, he'll attack you first. It's better to surprise him, than it is for him to surprise you.
Also, here's an interesting bit of info for your report. Most of the time when a law abiding citizen pulls their gun on a criminal, the criminal will either give up, or run. Most of the time, the citizen doesn't have to shoot. The presence of the gun is enough to stop the threat.

Quote:

have a nice night
Well, it's a short list, but it gets the point across. If you want more, let me know and I'll dig some up.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #149

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
You don't want the criminal to know you have a gun, because then if he attacks someone, he'll attack you first. It's better to surprise him, than it is for him to surprise you.
Also, here's an interesting bit of info for your report. Most of the time when a law abiding citizen pulls their gun on a criminal, the criminal will either give up, or run. Most of the time, the citizen doesn't have to shoot. The presence of the gun is enough to stop the threat.

Well, it's a short list, but it gets the point across. If you want more, let me know and I'll dig some up.
However and I'm sure TWW knows this, if you draw you best be prepared to use it.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #150

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:

i might do that, however, as i said, i'll first get the requirements for my assignment on friday, so i can't plan it out perfectly before. it's very nice of you though, so thank you

do you people mind if i use your arguments in my assignment? it will of course be anonymous, if you want it

Newest Threads