Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a little help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default a little help....

hi members of firearmstalk.

im writing a report on rhetorics and gun control in the US, and i need an advise. i would just like to ask, why it is, in your opinion, important to own a gun. why do you need it? do you think crime rates are affected by the number of guns owned by citizens? do you own a weapon for self defense, hunting, target shooting, or something else?

i sincerely hope that someone will take the time to answer these questions. i'm from Denmark, and we can barely own a knife, without getting the police breathing down our necks.

have a nice day
emil

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #2

Liked 3679 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

In America, we have a 2nd amendment. It's a God given fundamental right that people should be able to defend themselves from other people, and from tyranny.
There were crimes committed in our founders days. Street gangs of orphaned youth plagued man from the Roman days to the streets of Philadelphia in our founders times. Our founding fathers were not immune to the effects of crime, but so eloquently stated, "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Our founding fathers knew that a time could come when people might have to reject tyranny, and fight back. They acknowledged this by putting the 2nd amendment in stone.

Our founders probably never in their wildest dreams could have imagined Stalins gulags, or Hitlers death camps, but could you imagine, the Jews in 1930 Europe, blessed with the 2nd amendment, and the mindset to fight and die for it?! The war would have been quite different.
Look at what a few thousand Jews in Warsaw managed! They held up the Germans for over a month, mainly with pistols they managed to smuggle.

But it's not only a direct defense that arms provide, it's the constant reminder to our elected officials, and to our nations enemies, that there are 90 million of us, and we will not go quietly into the good night...
For without a means to enforce and protect our freedom, all other rights become charity, merely blessed upon us by whomever is currently ruling.

For some of us, firearm ownership is how we eat, it's how we defend ourselves and those we care for. It's the embodiment of freedom and rugged individualism that Americans define ourselves as... And as a foreigner, before you think 'Americans', ask yourself, 'What is an American?'

We're the Jews who fled Soviet Russia, who fled Nazi occupied Europe.
We're pioneers and frontiersmen who carved a life out of the wilderness. We're Africans, freed from the bonds of slavery and Africans who fled Africa and her genocidal campaigns. We're Christian's who fled religious persecution, and we're Muslims who did the same. We're atheists who hid in the shadows throughout history, afraid of the church. We're homosexuals, beaten and killed for our personal choices. We're native Americans, whose lands were stolen and our people exterminated, and we're Cubans who fled communist oppression under Castro.

We are the people, and the descendants of the people the world wouldn't tolerate.

We all live here, and butt heads quite often over deep, profound beliefs. But at the end of the day, we call ourselves Americans, and we all deeply understand the importance of being Armed, and the importance of relying on ourselves.

Those are the people you will meet in America. And if you ever find yourself oppressed by whatever regime again has eyes on dominating Europe, you will be welcome to live here, and arm yourself, not only with weapons, but with the knowledge that you have a God given, natural right to defend yourself.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Last edited by Mosin; 12-04-2012 at 09:29 PM.
People Like This 
Old 12-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #3

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

Sir, that deserves a standing ovation!!!!!!!! Nicely put.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #4

I tried to edit on my iPhone and think I messed it up. Did I just delete my post??

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #5

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

No. Still there.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #6

Never mind, just the app messing up. :-D

safedman Likes This 
Old 12-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #7

Liked 270 Times on 221 Posts
Likes Given: 1204

Well said Mosin

Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #8

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Very well said

Old 12-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #9

For the life of me, I can not understand the European mindset.
Homo sapiens walked into Europe some 40,000 years ago, and slaughtered the Neanderthal. From then on, Europe has been brutalized, raped and burnt to the ground, by the Romans, ottomans, Turks, Muslims, English, Spanish, French, Nazis, the soviets, the Persians, the Greeks, etc... Finally culminating with the removal of the Berlin Wall in the 1980s.
That's less than 30 years of peace out of 40,000 years, and the mindset is 'why would anyone want to own a gun?'
Why is it the Swiss are the only ones to have figured it out?

Old 12-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #10

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Mosin, that was outstanding.