Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   A Little 4 Wheelin' (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/little-4-wheelin-78092/)

mrm14 12-09-2012 03:29 PM

A Little 4 Wheelin'

CA357 12-10-2012 01:32 AM

That's some badass stuff right there!

KG7IL 12-10-2012 02:09 AM

A lot of abuse on that machine.

mrm14 12-10-2012 02:34 AM

"A lot of abuse on that machine."

That kind of machine is made to be abused.

That machine is kind is kind like a steel badger.

truggles 12-10-2012 02:49 AM

WOW!!!
Could we get a few motor specs on that bad boy??

KG7IL 12-10-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrm14 (Post 1046101)
That kind of machine is made to be abused.

right up to where the front wheel broke off.

Heck, that's probably the only part of that video I could do with my YJ.

:)

JSStryker 12-12-2012 02:19 PM

These are the kind of idiots I prefer to stay away from when I am out 4 wheeling.

zedpapa 12-12-2012 02:53 PM

That idiot is doing nothing but destroying the trail and making it easier for the treehuggers to get trails closed. He doesn't have much skill either.

dragunovsks 12-12-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zedpapa
That idiot is doing nothing but destroying the trail and making it easier for the treehuggers to get trails closed. He doesn't have much skill either.

I don't get what the fuss is about when people complain about "tearing up the trails". We've gone wheeling on atvs and 4x4 trucks and unless your digging a big hole with a trackhoe and leavin it the land will be fine. Vegetation will regrow and you won't be able to tell anyone was ever there.

We also go wheeling on private property so the opinion of treehuggers fall on deaf ears....nobody cares cause its private property.

JSStryker 12-13-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks (Post 1049310)
I don't get what the fuss is about when people complain about "tearing up the trails". We've gone wheeling on atvs and 4x4 trucks and unless your digging a big hole with a trackhoe and leavin it the land will be fine. Vegetation will regrow and you won't be able to tell anyone was ever there.

We also go wheeling on private property so the opinion of treehuggers fall on deaf ears....nobody cares cause its private property.

Problem is on public land the trail starts out as x feet wide, then idiots like those in the video cause it to expand to x+y feet, then others follow on expanding it to x+y+z feet wide, then the weather begins causing erosion soon the treehuggers start taking pictures and beginning to bitch how 4 wheelers are messing up the trails and then soon the trail gets closed or severely restricted, same applies to gun ranges on public land most of us take care of the range picking up empties, removing trash but it only takes a few idiots not doing their part to cause the range to be closed.