List some movies you have just seen. - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > List some movies you have just seen.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I went and saw The Losers this weekend. I hope some other people go, or else there won't be a part II and I have no idea how the story ends....

The guys have some kick ass weapons in this flick. A lot of what I believe to be LaRue Tactical AR's running about.

Cougar, the team sniper, has a silenced Larue AR-10 that he kills just about everything that moves with. He has a great character and for once the sniper doesn't die in the first 13 minutes of a film.

Francisco will appreciate the guy with the knife fetish. Definitely some cool blades.

The gal from Avatar is in it. Eh. I could take or leave her. She doesn't do anything for me.

The humor is witty, a couple of times I was the only one laughing out loud.

All in all, for a mindless film to kill an hour and a half on a rainy day, I would give it a solid 6 to 6.5/10.

The plot has just enough meat to move along, but you definitely won't miss anything if you have to use the restroom. The action scenes are pretty good. They blow a lot of things up, sometimes with very little reason.

It's worth seeing from the comfort of your couch, but don't go to the theater unless you REALLY like going to the movies and are out of choices.

$25mil production budget, but only $18mil thus far in ticket sales. Doesn't look good for Part II.

JD

Old 05-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #72

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

"The Blind Side." Predictable and formulaic. But Sandra is still hot. Can't believe she won the Oscar, though.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #73

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I watched the Brothers I thought it was a good movie

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 05-05-2010, 01:34 AM   #74
MGH

I saw The Hurt Locker over the weekend. I regret not seeing it in theaters. Awesome film.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:41 AM   #75

Liked 313 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Grand Boys were over recently and I had to watch Avatar. Good CG, but some of the worst acting and badly over done story line I watched for years.

It's definately lib baised. To me, it's no more than a bad cartoon with good CG.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:43 AM   #76

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Watched AVATAR several times in Blue Ray.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:10 AM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I've been curious about "Boondock Saints", so I rented it today and watched it tonight. I really enjoyed it and thought Willem Dafoe played a great part, if a bit over the top. It's not a great dramatic movie by any stretch, but it's a good action flick and cleverly done.

My wife quit less than half way through. I guess it's a guy movie.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #78

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I've been curious about "Boondock Saints", so I rented it today and watched it tonight. I really enjoyed it and thought Willem Dafoe played a great part, if a bit over the top. It's not a great dramatic movie by any stretch, but it's a good action flick and cleverly done.

Word for word my opinion and experience, Don! And Willem DaFoe is excellent in anything he does!

Old 05-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #79

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I've been curious about "Boondock Saints", so I rented it today and watched it tonight.

I had never seen it until I met my woman. She had it in her collection and it's one of her favorite films. She loves the Irish-Southy thing. She loves The Departed as well. Born in NY though, so she hates the Red Sox... LOL

I loved both of the Saints movies. I felt that the second one actually added to the mystique of the first one, because some of the story line in II makes parts of Part I a little clearer for me.

I watched "I Hope they serve Beer in Hell" again last night. That movie has some of the wittiest dialogue of any movie that is not a Kevin Smith movie. Just awesome back and forth put downs and friends blasting each other with zingers. Plus the storyline is just plain ridiculously epic.

Any movie that can work midget strippers, Halo gaming, donkey punches, sex with a deaf girl and a "pancakewich" into the storyline has two things going for it. 1) Definitely not for the kids 2) Funny, funny, funny....

Old 05-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #80

Finally saw Sherlock Holmes and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't realize it was a Guy Ritchie film until the end credits. I like his other movies more, but it still had the same style of snappy dialogue and quirks.

Still have yet to see Revolver, which I heard was a bit of a turn for him.