List some movies you have just seen. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > List some movies you have just seen.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Watched The Blind Side on in room PPV last night. The woman's night to choose.

I have to say, it was a MUCH more enjoyable movie than I thought going in. The acting was good ( though I am not sure about Academy Award worthy ) and the story was great. I really liked the tie in with the real world person that the story is based on.

I would say it was a solid 8/10 on watching and keeping the woman in your life happy at the same time. There is some good dialogue and some good football scenes with epic hits to keep your attention.

Rewatchability is not great, but for one time through, it was a pretty good movie.

JD

Old 03-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Just watched a Japanese movie called Immoral Affairs. Maybe the ex should have watched it, her life might have turned out differently....

Sort of a comedy, but not really. A woman decides her life is too boring so she drifts into affairs, ends up wanting a divorce then finds out she's in the same spot she was in before the affairs, but hubby has a new, younger wife.... Life does imitate art!!!!.

6/10 for comedy, 10/10 for irony and a drooling 100/10 for naked Japanese woman.....

9x18=Makarov

Old 03-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Watched Jennifer's Body on DVD the other night, some parts more than once (LOVED the bit with her burning her tongue). It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really a skin flick or a true horror show; it reminded me a good bit of the horror flicks of the '80's, a bit of skin & sin with a moral to the story.

Whosoever invented the cheerleader skirt should be considered for cannonization, IMO.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Watched Jennifer's Body on DVD the other night, some parts more than once (LOVED the bit with her burning her tongue). It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really a skin flick or a true horror show; it reminded me a good bit of the horror flicks of the '80's, a bit of skin & sin with a moral to the story.
To think that crazy broad turned down a role as a Bond Girl to do that movie instead. Talk about screwed up priorities.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Full Metal Jacket- 8/10 (a real good movie)
Forrest Gump- 10/10 (an all time classic)
Enemy at the Gates- 7/10 (really good but gets points off for historical inaccuracy)
Blow- 7/10 (gets points off for being depressing, but very good)
Shooter- 9/10 (a superb movie)

I just watched those within this month.
I want to watch The Hurt Locker (I have been told that the movie is good but is so inaccurate it is not even funny), The Last Samurai and Flags of Our Fathers. I haven't seen any of them yet.
I like good dramas. lol

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 03-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
To think that crazy broad turned down a role as a Bond Girl to do that movie instead. Talk about screwed up priorities.
I do think it may have been geared towards a younger viewer than me. The girl doesn't seem like the brightest bulb on the tree by any stretch, IMO.

Oh, Tango, I agree on Hitchhiker's Guide, LOVED it. Usually, i do have a towel in my trunk.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviorslegacy View Post
I want to watch The Hurt Locker (I have been told that the movie is good but is so inaccurate it is not even funny), The Last Samurai and Flags of Our Fathers. I haven't seen any of them yet.
I like good dramas. lol
I enjoyed The Hurt Locker, but you have to realize that this movie isn't about being "a soldier". This movie could have been the same story about firemen, or smoke jumpers, or anyone else with an adrenaline induced job.

The fact that the main character is an EOD technician is the basis for the adrenaline, but it isn't the whole story. It's about how a guy has everything back in the world ( home, family, etc ), but he can't cope, he needs the rush of being on the edge, being in the mix.

I thought it was an excellent movie, but you are correct, it is not a great "soldier' story.

The Last Samurai is an excellent movie. One of Cruise's ( and he is a lunatic ) best bodies of work honestly. The swordplay is really well done.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #28

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Watched The Blind Side on in room PPV last night. The woman's night to choose.

I have to say, it was a MUCH more enjoyable movie than I thought going in. The acting was good ( though I am not sure about Academy Award worthy ) and the story was great. I really liked the tie in with the real world person that the story is based on.

I would say it was a solid 8/10 on watching and keeping the woman in your life happy at the same time. There is some good dialogue and some good football scenes with epic hits to keep your attention.

Rewatchability is not great, but for one time through, it was a pretty good movie.

JD
I want to see this one mainly because I listened to a long interview with the actual woman Bullock plays. I was on the road a couple of years ago when I listened to the interview. A couple of times (I don't know why) but my allergies acted up a bit listening to that woman.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
A couple of times (I don't know why) but my allergies acted up a bit listening to that woman.
I think it's the cleaning products they use in the house or something, because I had the same condition happen to me at a couple of points.

Didn't seem to bother me during the football scenes, but a couple of those house scenes brought them right up to the surface.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2863 Times on 1491 Posts
Likes Given: 254

I watched "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith last night (Netflicks online). Kind of confusing, but not too hard to figure out what will happen. Incredibly sad and depressing. I think some of those cleaning products must have leached into the couch.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball