Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   List some movies you have just seen. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/list-some-movies-you-have-just-seen-24798/)

NymphoGnome 03-17-2010 08:50 PM

List some movies you have just seen.
 
Pretty simple stuff, give a score if you like to as well.

Visioneers - 7.5/10. very different kind of black comedy, I enjoyed it very much!

Eraserhead - 4/10. I enjoyed the effort on the art direction, but there was nothing tangible in this film what so ever.

MGH 03-18-2010 01:40 AM

Requiem for a Dream 7/10 I had to watch it for my psych. class. The last scene was crazy!

NymphoGnome 03-18-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGH (Post 251199)
Requiem for a Dream 7/10 I had to watch it for my psych. class. The last scene was crazy!

I love that movie, If you have the chance to see Pi, do so, it is great!

Michael Moore hates America - 8/10.

lonyaeger 03-18-2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NymphoGnome (Post 251201)
I love that movie, If you have the chance to see Pi, do so, it is great!

Michael Moore hates America - 8/10.

Never thought I'd see someone in this forum rate a Michael Moore movie so high. He's a POS.

Dillinger 03-18-2010 02:14 AM

I went and saw Cop Out and Green Zone today.

Cop Out was good IF you are a Kevin Smith fan and enjoy witty dialogue that goes outside the movie you are watching.

Green Zone was.... well. I am not sure. I fell asleep. Twice. Then I woke up for the last 45 minutes where the "writer(s)" decided that the Iraq War was all about one source telling information to a low level employee of the Defense Department who spun it to incite the US Government to go to war.

So, yeah, it was all a slightly masked political statement that wasn't really that good or interesting.

I give Cop Out a solid 7.5 or 8 and I give Green Zone about a 5.

gorknoids 03-18-2010 02:30 AM

"The Wrestler". I'm torn between giving it a 9 or a 10 on the Gork-O-Meter. I rate it above "Gran Torino", and I loved "Gran Torino". Clintwood films have always been....let's be honest: Hokey. Formulaic. You don't experience them, you just watch them.
"The Wrestler" finds an inroad. Nerves are touched.

A 10 to me is "The Meaning of Life", "The Passions of the Christ", "Faust", "Metropolis", and "Deep Inside Vanessa DelRio". :D

CA357 03-18-2010 03:40 AM

Lord of War
Bolt
Zombieland
Up

collegekid20 03-18-2010 03:48 AM

just watched Law abiding citizen and X-men origins: Wolverine.
Law Abiding Citizen = 8.5/10
x-men origins: Wolverine= 9/10

both good action flicks, law abiding citizen could have been a lil better, ending was decent though.

Jpyle 03-18-2010 04:11 AM

2012 5/10 - Halfway through I was hoping the world would end before the movie was over.

Jpyle 03-18-2010 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorknoids (Post 251224)
"The Wrestler". I'm torn between giving it a 9 or a 10 on the Gork-O-Meter. I rate it above "Gran Torino", and I loved "Gran Torino". Clintwood films have always been....let's be honest: Hokey. Formulaic. You don't experience them, you just watch them.
"The Wrestler" finds an inroad. Nerves are touched.

A 10 to me is "The Meaning of Life", "The Passions of the Christ", "Faust", "Metropolis", and "Deep Inside Vanessa DelRio". :D

May need to recalibrate, I don't think a 10 would even register with Vanessa :eek:


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.