Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Ummmmm Sam Bradford plays for the Rams NOT the Lions. Lions QB is Mathew Stafford. This is NOT true, we have a couple VERY capable QB's that can take over if Matt goes down. Shaun hill led Detroit to more than 1 win last season and when he got hurt Drew Stanton (4th year man out of my MICHIGAN STATE) stepped in and won one and kept them competitive in others.

The Lions are a TEAM!! When one goes down, another steps up and fills in as good or better! This we have seen on the D line and D back field already this season.

There is more to that offense than Megatron (As great as he is) we have Titus Young and Nate Burleson wide outs and Brandon Pettigrew and Tony Sheffler tight ends.
I don't understand WHY I keep getting those two confused. Sorry. You have a competent back up. He isn't Stafford, however. And yes, I know you have more to your offense than Megatron. I actually have Best on my fantasy team.
Your D is psychotic.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #12
fmj

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
I guess the Colts ARE who we thought they were
Yeah, they were TONY DUNGY!! Now that is gone they are on the downhill slide to obscurity. Any bets Jim Caldwell is fired after this season and Jim Tressel becomes the head man in Iny?!!?

Quote:
I actually have Best on my fantasy team.
Wow, hows THAT working out for ya??

Quote:
Your D is psychotic.
OH Brother, Suh is a BEAST (and a true leader) now that we have Fairley back this could be even more fun to watch once he comes up to speed. I super (pleasantly) suprised at how well the secondary is playing!! I KNEW that front line would be stout, but i was worried about the secondary. I should have NEVER doubted the Defensive genius think tank thats Schwartz and Gunther Cunningham!! I am a defensive minded kinda guy. My idea of the perfect game is 2-0 in double OT. I was REALLY happy when i heard the lions fired that idiot millen and hired Schwartz as a head coach....he was the D coordinator for the Titans all these years...and i am a big fan of Jeff Fisher and his brand of coaching.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Yeah, they were TONY DUNGY!! Now that is gone they are on the downhill slide to obscurity. Any bets Jim Caldwell is fired after this season and Jim Tressel becomes the head man in Iny?!!?

Wow, hows THAT working out for ya??

OH Brother, Suh is a BEAST (and a true leader) now that we have Fairley back this could be even more fun to watch once he comes up to speed. I super (pleasantly) suprised at how well the secondary is playing!! I KNEW that front line would be stout, but i was worried about the secondary. I should have NEVER doubted the Defensive genius think tank thats Schwartz and Gunther Cunningham!! I am a defensive minded kinda guy. My idea of the perfect game is 2-0 in double OT. I was REALLY happy when i heard the lions fired that idiot millen and hired Schwartz as a head coach....he was the D coordinator for the Titans all these years...and i am a big fan of Jeff Fisher and his brand of coaching.
Well, I also have Peterson as my other back, so I really don't pay much attention to what Best does. This weekend Best did a phenomenal job.
I'm actually hoping the Lions take the division.
I was a Packer-backer until Favre left. Always liked the NFC Central, but like I said, I watch the Pats primarily.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #14
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Well, I also have Peterson as my other back, so I really don't pay much attention to what Best does. This weekend Best did a phenomenal job.
I'm actually hoping the Lions take the division.
I was a Packer-backer until Favre left. Always liked the NFC Central, but like I said, I watch the Pats primarily.
I dont hate on the Pats, i am big fan Belichicks brand of coaching.

Been a LONG time since the NFC Norse has been this competitive. I had kinda conceded the two games to the Pack...but i now expect those two games to all out blood baths. Always (usually) tough games but this year they are high on my list!! The NFC Norse is kinda like Big 10 football...we are so busy beating up on each other none of teams advance.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #15

Quote:
I dont hate on the Pats, i am big fan Belichicks brand of coaching.

Been a LONG time since the NFC Norse has been this competitive. I had kinda conceded the two games to the Pack...but i now expect those two games to all out blood baths. Always (usually) tough games but this year they are high on my list!! The NFC Norse is kinda like Big 10 football...we are so busy beating up on each other none of teams advance.
I think the Lions take it in Detroit and the Pack wins at Lambau. No one will have an unbeaten season.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #16

Liked 1949 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 4282

fmj...may the Schwartz be with you...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 10-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #17

Liked 56 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
uh...the Ravens are 3-1, not 1-3.
Steelers? They have no linebackers. The Jets have no QB. Lets be realistic about it. Sanchez is nearly a clone of Testaverde.
The Colts have ridden Manning their entire time.
The Lions? Similar, in that if they have the misfortune of Sam Bradford going down again...they are, at that point and time, screwed.
Of course, Megatron could make me look like Brady. Sheesh.
I'm a Patriot fan. Go ahead. Laugh.
Vick? Anyone that ever thought Vick could change his stripes forgot his tenure in Atlanta. Once everyone realized how to control him, he got pounded like a drum.
I don't expect Reid to lose his job after this season, but he reminds me a lot of Dan Reeves. No matter how much talent you give him, he chokes in the clutch and makes stupid calls.
See also Norv Turner.
I was talking about the Steelers and Jets having crappy records, the Ravens are the only contender in the AFC that are doing what they were supposed to. The Lions will be at least an 11 win team if Bradford stays healthy for once in his life. The Patriots will do what they do every year, at least 11 wins and get upset in the playoffs. As for the Eagles, I actually expected something from them. They have way more talent than Vick ever did in Atl, even if Vick does get keyed on, the Eagles were supposed to have decent running back, a solid group of receivers, and a good defense. Apparently they don't.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotFudge View Post
I was talking about the Steelers and Jets having crappy records, the Ravens are the only contender in the AFC that are doing what they were supposed to. The Lions will be at least an 11 win team if Bradford stays healthy for once in his life. The Patriots will do what they do every year, at least 11 wins and get upset in the playoffs. As for the Eagles, I actually expected something from them. They have way more talent than Vick ever did in Atl, even if Vick does get keyed on, the Eagles were supposed to have decent running back, a solid group of receivers, and a good defense. Apparently they don't.
Ah. Agree. I didn't expect anything from the Eagles. Vick has always been hype. He's not that good. Eagles biggest problem is Reid. He has tons of talent, but no team, and that is going to be their downfall.
Cowboys? Romo chokes pretty bad. The NFL is getting turned on it's head in a few areas.
I think if Haynesworth gets his act together, the Pats may turn into a serious contender. I never sell Belichek short. Man could win the division with a pop warner team.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #19
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
fmj...may the Schwartz be with you...
LMAO!!

Quote:
He has tons of talent, but no team
Like a said earlier, a lot of talent, but they are big names with bigger egos and even bigger paychecks. Its not a game of individuals but a TEAM game. You can take a group of no names kids and win the bowl IF they play as a team. Pats and Iny have done it for years due to good coaching.

1 other team i havent seen talked about is the Redskins! Arent they top of the east?? Another GREAT coach in Shanahan...one of the stupidest moves in the NFL was Denver getting rid of Shanahan

Old 10-12-2011, 01:14 AM   #20

Liked 56 Times on 30 Posts

Here's something:

Does losing Charlie Weis make the Cheifs this bad? What were they at this time last year? 5-1?