Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/lions-tigers-bears-oh-my-49668/)

fmj 10-11-2011 04:27 PM

Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!!

My much maligned DETROIT LIONS are now FIVE and OH for the first time since 1956 and 1 of only 2 undefeated teams in the NFL!

That is all!

HotFudge 10-11-2011 04:43 PM

The NFL is real weird this year. The Steelers and Jets, who along with the Ravens were the AFC's contenders, are 2-3 and 1-3 respectively. The Eagles, the supposed team to beat in the NFC, are 1-4. Meanwhile the Lions, who have been bad for as long as I remember, are suddenly a legit contender in the NFC.

fmj 10-11-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotFudge (Post 599131)
The NFL is real weird this year. The Steelers and Jets, who along with the Ravens were the AFC's contenders, are 2-3 and 1-3 respectively. The Eagles, the supposed team to beat in the NFC, are 1-4. Meanwhile the Lions, who have been bad for as long as I remember, are suddenly a legit contender in the NFC.

Lets us not forget the resurgent 9ers under Harbaugh, or the Bills. (two teams we face soon... 9ers next week)

As a life long Lions fan (over 30 years i can remember watching billy simms running in touchdowns in front of us in the silver dome) it feels GOOD.:D But as a life long lions fan i am waiting for the other shoe to drop.:eek:

I knew the Eagles would self destruct...buying the bowl has been attempted and failed on numerous occasions...too many big salaries and attitudes and no team work.

vincent 10-11-2011 05:10 PM

I'd save the legit contender talk 'til after they play Green Bay, those 2 games will tell us exactly where the Lions are. They've most def got the team heading in the right direction, awesome to watch, crazy fast D, good offense but the lack of an in-between the tackles guy gives me concern for the long haul. Best won't last long if he's carrying 20 - 25 times up the middle by himself. Another test next week with SF, gonna be a great one to watch.

orangello 10-11-2011 05:48 PM

What? Oh, the faux bears from the far north...they could've chosen a better mascot.
:p

fmj 10-11-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent (Post 599152)
I'd save the legit contender talk 'til after they play Green Bay, those 2 will tell us exactly where the Lions are. They've most def got the team heading in the right direction, awesome to watch, crazy fast D, good offense but the lack of an in-between the tackles guy gives me concern for the long haul. Best won't last long if he's carrying 20 - 25 times up the middle by himself. Another test next week with SF, gonna be a great one to watch.

Green Bay is TOUGH! Very legit for the 18-0 crown from what i have seen.

As far as Best and the running game we DO have another quality RB in Rookie Mikel LaShoure...but hes broke for the season. Best is good enough to keep the D's honest for now. Our biggest fault is that weak (at best) O line.

after 08 and our "perfect season" its fun to be 5-0 and living here in IN where the lord and saviour, the mesiah, Peyton holds court or those that stayed loyal to their original team DUH Bears hold sway....its even SWEETER!

Iny Dolts OH and FIVE!!

Duh Bears 2 games back in our division!!

I am liking what i am hearing out of the players...they arent getting big heads. They are a WELL coached TEAM! If we can manage a wild card spot that would be a tremendous improvement! HELL evena sniff of the post season would be like winning the Stupor bowl to us poor down trodden fans. Did see/hear Ford Field ROCKIN' last night!! Would have been worse if our other kitties would have beaten the Rangers.

Tough tests ahead that i see (i understand ANY GIVEN SUNDAY could be the end of the run) are next Sun. and the resurgent 9'ers, Harbaugh has those boys playing well!

atlanta 10-23

Green bay on turkey day

N O aints 12-1

Really the schedule isnt a gimme by any means...but its GREAT to be a Lions fan...DUHtroit Dions no longer!! (still waiting for that other shoe to drop)

fmj 10-11-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 599169)
What? Oh, the faux bears from the far north...they could've chosen a better mascot.
:p

I'm glad you dont hate lions...but the Lions killed some Bear dead last night...that should make you happy. I agree in this case deader bears are better bears. :D

BenLuby 10-11-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotFudge (Post 599131)

uh...the Ravens are 3-1, not 1-3.
Steelers? They have no linebackers. The Jets have no QB. Lets be realistic about it. Sanchez is nearly a clone of Testaverde.
The Colts have ridden Manning their entire time.
The Lions? Similar, in that if they have the misfortune of Sam Bradford going down again...they are, at that point and time, screwed.
Of course, Megatron could make me look like Brady. Sheesh.
I'm a Patriot fan. Go ahead. Laugh.
Vick? Anyone that ever thought Vick could change his stripes forgot his tenure in Atlanta. Once everyone realized how to control him, he got pounded like a drum.
I don't expect Reid to lose his job after this season, but he reminds me a lot of Dan Reeves. No matter how much talent you give him, he chokes in the clutch and makes stupid calls.
See also Norv Turner.

fmj 10-11-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

The Lions? Similar, in that if they have the misfortune of Sam Bradford going down again...they are, at that point and time, screwed.
Ummmmm Sam Bradford plays for the Rams NOT the Lions. Lions QB is Mathew Stafford. This is NOT true, we have a couple VERY capable QB's that can take over if Matt goes down. Shaun hill led Detroit to more than 1 win last season and when he got hurt Drew Stanton (4th year man out of my MICHIGAN STATE) stepped in and won one and kept them competitive in others.

The Lions are a TEAM!! When one goes down, another steps up and fills in as good or better! This we have seen on the D line and D back field already this season.

Quote:

Of course, Megatron could make me look like Brady. Sheesh.
There is more to that offense than Megatron (As great as he is) we have Titus Young and Nate Burleson wide outs and Brandon Pettigrew and Tony Sheffler tight ends.

vincent 10-11-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 599184)
Green Bay is TOUGH! Very legit for the 18-0 crown from what i have seen.

As far as Best and the running game we DO have another quality RB in Rookie Mikel LaShoure...but hes broke for the season. Best is good enough to keep the D's honest for now. Our biggest fault is that weak (at best) O line.

after 08 and our "perfect season" its fun to be 5-0 and living here in IN where the lord and saviour, the mesiah, Peyton holds court or those that stayed loyal to their original team DUH Bears hold sway....its even SWEETER!

Iny Dolts OH and FIVE!!

Duh Bears 2 games back in our division!!

I am liking what i am hearing out of the players...they arent getting big heads. They are a WELL coached TEAM! If we can manage a wild card spot that would be a tremendous improvement! HELL evena sniff of the post season would be like winning the Stupor bowl to us poor down trodden fans. Did see/hear Ford Field ROCKIN' last night!! Would have been worse if our other kitties would have beaten the Rangers.

Tough tests ahead that i see (i understand ANY GIVEN SUNDAY could be the end of the run) are next Sun. and the resurgent 9'ers, Harbaugh has those boys playing well!

atlanta 10-23

Green bay on turkey day

N O aints 12-1

Really the schedule isnt a gimme by any means...but its GREAT to be a Lions fan...DUHtroit Dions no longer!! (still waiting for that other shoe to drop)

All so true, I've been drinking Detroit's Kool-Aid for 2 seasons now and it's paying off like crazy...NFL pool, we play the spreads and the Lions are COVERING MACHINES!! Difference is, this year, they are winning the games instead of just covering.

That house was crazy loud, Bears false starts was too funny but your boys had some gaffes of their own...atttribute it to youth as I agree, they are VERY well coached.

ALWAYS a pleasure to see Indy lose, unreal to me that they are soooo bad without just one guy, the Pats went 11-5 without Brady, I guess the Colts ARE who we thought they were.

Lion fans deserve the sucess, keep Stafford upright and they'll do just fine. Don't fear the Pack, those divisional games are just plain nuts sometimes and I don't think Detroit knows they are supposed to lose to the Packers, to quote Ricky Bobby..."it's gonna get bumpy". The NFC has been lame too long and it's good to see an up and comer with staying power...finally.

Sorry to nitpick...Lions don't play the Bills this year...

Vin (Rampant Mutant Patriot fan)